Cheaters

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
I used a hack for a couple months in Counterstrike, around 1.6. Was actually pretty fun. And I only started doing ti because one of my friends did a lot of coding for one (ltfx)

Got banned from a server I really enjoyed on accident and stopped. Somehow got unbanned and ended up admining a couple months later...whoda thunk haha.

Believe it or not, but I mainly used the cheat to target other cheaters. That's not to say I didn't empty my fair share of servers. I didn't even really need to use it anyways, was usually the top player on any server.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
No, I play on X-box and they really crack down, I haven't seen a single obvious cheater in all the games I've played. I've used Cheat Codes in single player games but I don't think that counts.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Ive never cheated online. but I remember one time where I beat a couple of hackers in mario kart wii once. They were esstenially the ones that hacked blue shells and spammed them all the time. I ended up getting 3 mushroom and managing to avoid the blue shells to the finishing line.

the only times I've cheated on SP is through cheat codes and so.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
It seems to me that by cheating, someone is just seeking to make themselves look good because they suck. Especially if they claim not to be cheating. If they admit it, and are just there to piss people off, then I can understand that, even if it is annoying...

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I've never outright cheated in an online game, but there are two cases where I have glitched. The first was mainly just because it was funny -- it didn't give any real advantage, but was an interesting quirk of the map. Basically, on one of the levels in Shogo, there was a way to walk in midair, but only in a straight line and only on a patch of the map that was maybe 20 scale feet long. I mostly did it to show off while waiting for more players to come on, as in "Hey, look at this neat glitch."

The other one was in Phosphor, a shockwave based browser FPS, which has a quirk in the map design that allows anyone who knows what to do to actually walk into the void outside the map and snipe people pretty much anywhere on the map. The only time I actually used that one online was when someone else was doing it, and then only to take them out -- the one in the voidspace can shoot through walls, but people in the map proper often can't even see them, so you have to glitch yourself to take them out.

Edit: I have been accused of cheating on occasion, but I enjoy it; in an FPS, that's the highest complement an opponent can give you XD

Dragoon226

Aug 11, 2009
not everyone with rapid fire is cheating. i have a friend who loves call of duty world at war nazizombies and he physically pulls the trigger so fast that he's been accuised of modding