Check Out This Video of Crysis 2 On PC and 360

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
Tiamat666 said:
I find it funny how people post these graphics videos on YouTube. While some obvious differences will be visible, all of the interesting detail is lost due to the low resolution and video compression.
They didn't even upload it at 1080p. It's an absolute certainty that both versions are gonna look significantly better when you actually play them. It's still obvious the PC graphics are far better but asking a 5-year-old machine to compete with a new computer would be ridiculous anyways. I'm certain that each version of Crysis 2 is going to be very pretty. It's just too bad it plays like COD in a fancy suit.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Damn but that gun is huge! And by Zeus that is a crummy FOV.

It reminds me of the enormous guns in L4D2.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Vault boy Eddie said:
The graphics were scaled down on PC even on highest settings, the devs said that this game wouldn't be a PC breaker like the last one. If this was a baseball game, PC has just been given a foam bat.
Thats a good analogy
Yet even with the foam bat it is still beating the xbox.
I hadn't heard about the DX11 on the full release, but that should be sweet, if its true.

Rack said:
So is that on 15 PCs with dual 580GTXs?
Haha not even close, it runs twice as smooth as the first game, on the same machine. See ^foam bat.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I'm impressed with the 360 visuals despite being pro-PC. Nice work, Crytek o/

Odegauger

Apr 7, 2010
I honestly can never tell the difference in these cross-console comparison videos. Maybe that says something.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Even though I can't run it on max, I'll be picking it up on PC anyway. Consoles online just doesn't do it for me.

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Even if it got to a point where consoles and PCs look the same, PC wins with controls.
Yeah, you're right. It's all a big contest and someone has to win.

More on topic: Both versions look just awesome. Yeah, the lighting is better on PC, with better textures as well, but that's to be expected. I'm just glad the 360 version looks and plays as well as it does! Great graphics and great fun. Loving the demo, and can't wait to grab my copy when it comes out!
Yeah I was totally off topic, I must have missed the changing to the definition of versus

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
People who have that minor graphical difference be the swayer, they are pathetic. Just go with which you prefer. If you prefer controllers and xbox, pick that. If you prefer keyboard and PC, go with that. Graphic whores are a blight, especcially now when its such minor differences.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
The only difference I noticed between the two versions was that the PC version was way too bright. However, it's so subtle that this video serves no real purpose.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
TheComedown said:
Rack said:
Haha not even close, it runs twice as smooth as the first game, on the same machine. See ^foam bat.
Then why are the minimum specs twice as high? Okay the original Crysis minimum specs were a work of sublime fiction, but they can't exactly start telling the truth now.

Edit: Oh, because they're unofficial, I guess they might be honest for that reason. They're somewhat below what could reasonably be considered minimum for running Crysis 1 so if accurate I guess it does mean Crysis 2 doesn't need a PC from the future to match the console version. If so good on Crytek for bucking this trend.

Pakkie

Apr 4, 2010
This comparison is unfair either way, The PC demo doesn't have anywhere near the features that the full version will have (Dx11 in patch, uncompressed textures, few more higher settings)

klasbo

Nov 17, 2009
So this is what it looks like the PC version has over the xbox version:
Higher resolution textures, light reflects/bounces back from certain surfaces, higher contrast (hopefully tweakable, don't know), and a bouncy HUD.

The xbox version actually looks better... Really.

can't-think

Aug 31, 2009
Pakkie said:
This comparison is unfair either way, The PC demo doesn't have anywhere near the features that the full version will have (Dx11 in patch, uncompressed textures, few more higher settings)
Yeah, I thought it was a bit silly that they would do the comparison before the pc version had dx11.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Would a PC gamer really opt for the Xbox version? Unless buying the game would necessitate a massively expsnsive hardware upgrade, of course..

Anyway, I'm glad to see it the console versions looking so nice. The mistaken belief that Crysis was going to be released on Xbox 360 led to me buying the console back in the day, so it would appear that it has kind of come full circle in the end.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Rack said:
TheComedown said:
Rack said:
Then why are the minimum specs twice as high? Okay the original Crysis minimum specs were a work of sublime fiction, but they can't exactly start telling the truth now.

Aside from the fact that your edit is worded horribly and I couldn't make sense of it, the system specs aren't even close to double. In places they are actually considered less.

Crysis 2
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz, or better
Memory: 2GB
Video Card: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM or better, ATI 3850HD with 512Mb RAM or better
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
DirectX®: 9.0c

crysis
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory: 2.0 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
TheComedown said:
Rack said:
TheComedown said:
Rack said:

Aside from the fact that your edit is worded horribly and I couldn't make sense of it, the system specs aren't even close to double. In places they are actually considered less.

Crysis 2
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz, or better
Memory: 2GB
Video Card: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM or better, ATI 3850HD with 512Mb RAM or better
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
DirectX®: 9.0c

crysis
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory: 2.0 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar
I guess since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit you wouldn't have noticed those are Crysis' recommended specs. The minimum are as follows.

Processor ? (Pentium 4) 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)
Memory ? 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Video Card ?256 MB** (Geforce 6800 GT)

Neyon

May 3, 2009
Well they had to remove / downgrade a lot of effects in the cryengine 2 in cryengine 3 so that the game could run on consoles with acceptable performance. That is not to say crysis 2 looks bad, but it doesn't look as good as the original.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Mr.K. said:
LOL, as if this serves anything then fueling console wars.

People who play on consoles got it for that, and PC players got it for their rig, and I'll be damned if anyone took this video into account when buying.
Agreed. I played the Demo on both and while the PC version blew me away with the graphics (honestly the real side by side comparison is way better than that) I would get the 360 version first anyday.

Mainly bc online community for 360 comes with Xbox Live which is a way larger and more active community. Plus I prefer a controller.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Rack said:
I guess since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit you wouldn't have noticed those are Crysis' recommended specs. The minimum are as follows.

Processor ? (Pentium 4) 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)
Memory ? 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Video Card ?256 MB** (Geforce 6800 GT)
Aside from the fact that you would not be able to run crysis on those specs at a respectable frame rate and resolution, the crysis 2 specs listed are not the minimum requirements but better equate to the recommended specs. Which again makes it unfair to hold it up to the minimum from the first and say that it needs double the power, especially when you would get better results running cysis 2 on the minimum specs you listed about then you would crysis.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
sunburst313 said:
Tiamat666 said:
I find it funny how people post these graphics videos on YouTube. While some obvious differences will be visible, all of the interesting detail is lost due to the low resolution and video compression.
They didn't even upload it at 1080p. It's an absolute certainty that both versions are gonna look significantly better when you actually play them. It's still obvious the PC graphics are far better but asking a 5-year-old machine to compete with a new computer would be ridiculous anyways. I'm certain that each version of Crysis 2 is going to be very pretty. It's just too bad it plays like COD in a fancy suit.
I think the reason it's not at 1080p, is because 360 (or PS3, for that matter) can barely handle anything pretty at 720p.