Check Out This Video of Crysis 2 On PC and 360

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
TheComedown said:
Rack said:
I guess since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit you wouldn't have noticed those are Crysis' recommended specs. The minimum are as follows.

Processor ? (Pentium 4) 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)
Memory ? 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Video Card ?256 MB** (Geforce 6800 GT)
Aside from the fact that you would not be able to run crysis on those specs at a respectable frame rate and resolution, the crysis 2 specs listed are not the minimum requirements but better equate to the recommended specs. Which again makes it unfair to hold it up to the minimum from the first and say that it needs double the power, especially when you would get better results running cysis 2 on the minimum specs you listed about then you would crysis.
No the Crysis 2 specs you quoted are also minimum specs. Recommended are

Processor 3GHz Core i7
Memory 4GB RAM
Video card GTX560Ti / HD4870 X2, 1.8GB Video Memory

Like for like Crysis 2 demands a much more powerful system.

Xiorell

Jan 9, 2010
I think this is one of those thigs where you'll notice the differences as a whole package when there's more going on, rather than the difference shown in the vid. I'm glad I have a good PC, but wouldn't be upset if I had to play the console version

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Rack said:
No the Crysis 2 specs you quoted are also minimum specs. Recommended are

Processor 3GHz Core i7
Memory 4GB RAM
Video card GTX560Ti / HD4870 X2, 1.8GB Video Memory

Like for like Crysis 2 demands a much more powerful system.
Where the fuck did you pull those from? *le google* oh those aren't even official, neither are they the actual recommenced, they are the highly recommended, as in what it take to run the game at the highest resolutions and settings with some of that nVidia 3d vision tech enabled. The only official specs given at the moment are:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz, or better
Memory: 2Gb (Vista requires 3Gb)
Video: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD with 512Mb RAM, or better

Those ones, and yeah they are listed as minimum, but i can promise you that crysis 2 will run a shit load better on that then what the first crysis would. I have the first game installed and max everything out with no AA 1680 and get roughly 30-35 fps on average. Crysis 2 again everything maxed out and I get an average of 60-65 fps.

I don't give a shit what is said on paper, Crysis 2 does not need some future machine and will even run on a few older machines relatively well.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
TheComedown said:
...Those ones, and yeah they are listed as minimum, but i can promise you that crysis 2 will run a shit load better on that then what the first crysis would. I have the first game installed and max everything out with no AA 1680 and get roughly 30-35 fps on average. Crysis 2 again everything maxed out and I get an average of 60-65 fps.

I don't give a shit what is said on paper, Crysis 2 does not need some future machine and will even run on a few older machines relatively well.
I don't think they're official either, but as you say what's said on paper isn't that important. If you can run Crysis 2 that much better than Crysis 1 then that's very encouraging. I'll still have to wait for a single player demo to try it out myself though.