Cheer me up

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
http://youtu.be/7GOulDyAqHo[/youtube]

Perhaps this song will help? It certainly cheers me up.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
Hmmmmmmm. I think I've got just the thing.

Here we go. I've got a playlist on Youtube for just such an occasion.
Ding Ding
This one never gets old
Dance Hugh Laurie Dance
CAKE or DEATH
I am Barren Von Vaderham.
Everything is funny in barber op quartet.
I used to be religious then I found religion to the knee.

AND FINALLY
YOU WILL SMILE BECAUSE MORGAN FREEMAN COMMANDS IT

Hope I could help with my barrel full of videos.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Alrighty, let's see what I've collected in my Favorites.
Hope you find something that you enjoy.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
I was depressed when I came in here and now i'm somehow even more depressed, OP the only thing that distracted me from being sad for but a moment was the new Rebecca Black song but I highly doubt you'd enjoy that so uh... yeah, hope ya get better I guess

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Buzz Killington said:
It's not a permanent solution, but this worked for me yesterday: Pictures of baby weasels in the wild. [http://birdscalgary.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/weasel-wednesday-2/]
Why the fuck are they so goddamn cute? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Why would you show us that... ;_;

This kept me laughing for a day.
I'm easily entertained...

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Neko Pounce said:
I just got really depressed. Don't know why, don't really know how to fix it.

So...
Can someone give me advice, or some happy thoughts or something?

you have a really big dick and the ladies are all over it.

DON'T LET THEM DOWN!!!!

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009

These are amongst my personal favorites.

I once laughed so hard at this that my dad thought I was weeping in the next room. It was like 10 minutes. I have no idea why.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
someonehairy-ish said:
JesterRaiin said:
Embrace the inevitability of death. Everything seems less important and grave if you know it will eventually fade away with time. Each time i'm depressed i think about future, thousands years from now and i find peace in fact that there will be noone who will remember me, my errors, flaws, mistakes... :)
On the flipside, this means that anything accomplished in your lifetime is only briefly significant and then forgotten. So, any achievement which is of any importance has to be huge enough to have lasting impact. If you look at it from that perspective, it seems that for most people there is nothing that they can do that is actually worth doing.

For this reason I find it extremely hard to gather much enthusiasm for anything.

You have a more optimistic outlook than me and I really envy that :/
It's not that difficult. After accepting that practically everything is either meaningless or "neutral", and whatever state of mind you're right now will eventually change, life becomes nothing more than a big joke. And a good one ! :)

However, it's a long way from simply acknowledging that some fact holds some value and really embracing it, so...

It's not the place to go into details, but if you're interested in the idea, try these links :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taoism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I used to get insanely depressed too, but these days I have been very stable.
The secret to that is getting an adorable puppy. Seriously, its the best thing that ever happened to me.

Ora more instantaneous solution, go buy some drinks, borrow movies and music that makes you sad, and cry your heart out.
If you cant beat it, join it!

My personal favourite is Evangelion anime and movie, Iguana's daughter full season, Prozac Nation, Requiem for a Dream and morbid music.

OR, if you desparately need to be happy, go to a stand up comedy site and watch videos.
Laughing always works.

Neko Pounce

WARGARBLE
Nov 15, 2010
Sandor [The Hound said:
Clegane]
Neko Pounce said:
I don't know I'm depressed about. I have dyspraxia and thus get insane mood swings.
My mate has dyspraxia and uses it as an excuse for everything, i thought it just meant you had bad hand-eye coordination.

On the plus side the government gave him a free Mac-Book Pro (because apparently his dyspraxia also meant he couldn't write, even though he wrote shit all the time) so if you're british you could always try and wrangle one of them.
Haha. I don't like to say it's an "excuse" for everything. I mean, I've been told be my GP that it's due to my dyspraxia or something. It's not a mild case or whatever you call it. and it does mean you can't write and a lot of other thing, however it does sound like your mate is doing his best to milk the hell out of it, which isn't fair.

Neko Pounce

WARGARBLE
Nov 15, 2010
Sandor [The Hound said:
Clegane]
Neko Pounce said:
That's cool man - I wasn't trying to put you down or anything, just describing my mate.

If you're still feelin down listen to this:

Or watch this:
Thanks to all the people who've posted on this thred, I cheered up to the point where I could make it to work today. That's where I am now. So thanks everyone!

And I'm going to listen to them now :3

also, 500th post finally ^_^

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Are you a depressed drinker? If not, get drunk.

Drugs are not always a bad way to go if you can keep it under control.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Ah, irrational sadness out of nowhere... I know it way too well, though I think I've started to hit on what's causing it. I'm sorry to see you're in the grips of it, too :(

The most I can do to take care of it, though...

Nostalgia Critic/Channel Awesome in general also works wonders. As do rage comics. And for some reason, incredibly depressing/gruesome Creepypasta.

I hope your mood swings back to neutral or happy in the near future. Best of luck :)

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
IT's rare, but whenever I'm depressed I just think "Ahh well, it'll blow over" and it usually does not a few hours later. I usually get depressed due to lack of social contact, which I partially bring upon myself (which is weird as I hate human contact quite a lot). So I call a few friends and go for a drive with them just to get some fresh air; or grab a few beers and get one of them over my house for some L4D or GoW3 or whatever.

Best thing you can do to make yourself feel good is exercise. Suprising, I know. I don't understand how but it works for everyone who tries it. I need to try this out for myself yet, but apparently(a word I hate) you just need to go for an hour walk by yourself or a half an hour jog. you'll get back, take a shower and feel happy for days. Plus it's good for you physically. Get ye olde heart into shape.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Bvenged said:
Best thing you can do to make yourself feel good is exercise. Suprising, I know. I don't understand how but it works for everyone who tries it. I need to try this out for myself yet, but apparently(a word I hate) you just need to go for an hour walk by yourself or a half an hour jog. you'll get back, take a shower and feel happy for days. Plus it's good for you physically. Get ye olde heart into shape.
It's the endorphins. Natural feel-good drugs! :D

I need to do this more often... though I think my case will be jump roping in my room, since it's way too cold to walk around at night.

Oh, 'nother pick me up- weird captchas. Like that, tsonil. ... so close to T'Soni.