Chest hair and you! (Questions for both sexes)

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I've recently been thinking about my large amount of chest hair and wondering whether I should shave it off. I've always viewed chest hair as one of the best signs of masculinity (the hardest difficulty level in Darkest of Days is called "With Chest Hair"), but I've gotten mixed results from society.

The questions I present are:

What is your opinion on chest hair?

For males: do you have it?

For females: do you find it attractive or repulsive? Would you force your boyfriend to shave it if he had it?

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I am male and do not have it. If I did and people didn't like it, it would be their problem not mine.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
That's odd, I was thinking of starting this thread myself. Yes I'm a Male, and I've had chest hair since I was 14 (currently 18.) This has always creeped me out, but I never had the guts to shave it off because I hear it's a taboo or something.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
I'm growing a fucking hair-forest under my shirt (damn Viking genes) and I hate it. It's not only hard to dry after showering, but also warm. I usually shave it in summer along with arms and legs just so I don't melt.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
As a man, I do. I tend to have rather light hair, however, so it isn't super noticeable.

Shreddie

May 11, 2011
LobsterFeng said:
That's odd, I was thinking of starting this thread myself.
Huh, me too.

OT: I'm a 20 year old guy and I'm sporting a fair amount of chest hair. It doesn't look terrible though so I've never shaved it.

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Meh, i'm glad i have it, used to shave it when i was an insecure teenager. After i got some balls i stopped caring what other people thought about it. Plus I wouldn't date a girl who had a problem with it. It would be the same thing as me dating a fat girl and telling her she had to lose all that fat if we were going to continue to date. I'd just be an asshole. So if my girlfriend tells me to shave my chest hair, or else, she's just being an asshole too.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
I am actually curious about this m'self.. I have average (I think) chest hair but I've never really liked it. I'm thinking thicker or not at all would look better. I actually prefer dudes with no bodyhair

DannyBandicoot

Sep 11, 2011
You should not -shave- it. Wax it or it'll grow back all funneh.

I think you should Wax it. I personally don't think it is very attractive.

Apocalyptore

Mar 28, 2011
Being the Frenchie that I am, I'm naturally very hairy. Chest included.
I personally like chest hair on men. Big fluffy pillow.
Not so much a pillow on women, though... I don't mind a little bit of chest hair, honestly.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
I'm male 18 years old, i don't have chest hair.
Neither will i ever grow it (Hopefully) as my dad is 45 and has never had chest hair which he loved due to the fact he used to bodybuild.
However my brother is 24 and has a fuckton of chest hair.

I'm happy i don't have it.. but if i did i probably wouldn't shave it off.. maybe trim.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
As the living inccarnation of Zangief let me tell you that chest hair is what makes a man a man.

The response I've always received from women is that if they wanted to date a boy they would do so (meaning no hair).

Now back hair. That's a whole different animal. I'd get that taken care of in case you have it.

Robertus2210

Apr 8, 2010
I have it and like it, looks manly. though like all hair it takes a bit of looking after to keep it looking good.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Nah, don't have any (and, in all likelihood, will never grow any). Fine by me, really, I've never given it much thought. If I did have chest hair, I most likely wouldn't shave/trim/wax it, but since I don't, the point is moot.

Lataziba

Oct 22, 2011
im 18 and i dont have much chest hair......but i do have a lot of belly hair...its a little weird to me but not enough to shave it off...

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
aPod said:
Meh, I'm glad i have it, used to shave it when I was an insecure teenager. After I got some balls I stopped caring what other people thought about it. Plus I wouldn't date a girl who had a problem with it. It would be the same thing as me dating a fat girl and telling her she had to lose all that fat if we were going to continue to date. I'd just be an asshole. So if my girlfriend tells me to shave my chest hair, or else, she's just being an asshole too.
There's a huge difference between chest hair and fat. Fat can't just be be shaved off.