Chest hair and you! (Questions for both sexes)

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
An average amount of chest hair is fine on a guy, I think, but when it's thick and furry then it's just not attractive at all. And inversely, if it's a little sickly looking patch that almost looks like fake hair that's been glued on, that is also not attractive.

But I don't complain. My boyfriend is I suppose slightly more on the hairy side, but I just ignore it. Honestly, if I really like a guy, chest hair isn't going to be the deal breaker (unless the guy could be a close relative of a yeti).

But the way I see it, I have no right to get on a guy's case about chest hair in the same way they have no right to get on my case about how I am far too lazy to shave my legs on anything resembling a regular basis.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
I am ridiculously hairy: chest, stomach, legs, shoulders, arms, back... the chest hair I like, but the shoulder and back hair kind of sucks. I have not yet found a simple and dignified way to get rid of it, though I am working on it.

Chest hair on the other hand is awesome, though mine can get a bit too long for comfort (2in or so) so I usually keep it trimmed shorter.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Being the female that I am I find chest hair sexy...to a point. I love a guy with some fuzz, I don't believe it improves his masculinity, but it does look nice. What I don't like though are gorilla men who are so hairy you feel you need to tell him to go back to the wild.

But more than chest hair I hate armpit hair. Guys you wanna shave something, shave your pits.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Chest hair? I have a carpet of jet black hair running from my collar bone to my pubes. A full Beard and long hair compliment my proto-man looks.

basm321

Sep 14, 2011
I do not have much body hair, but my friend is one of the hairiest guys you will ever meet.

A few weeks back he mooned me and another friend and it took me a moment to realize it wasn't his dog standing in the window.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
viranimus said:
My chest hair hovers around about in this area

So I have a sizable amount and have had it since I was about 14-15 or so. Outside of the fact that its extra insulation on a body that has a nasty tendency to overheat constantly I rather like the the look and feel of it. But the sweat it helps to induce makes it unbearable. Outside of the sweat, its awesome.

However I wont shave it, unless it grows in improper places like shoulders and upper arms. Oh and the one time I shaved the inverse of this
Holy crap! I planned on doing this exact thing of shaving the crest o' hair that I have into a Batman symbol. How did you do it? D :

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
Male: I can grow chest hair but I choose to shave it all off for a couple of reasons 1. I personally don't like the look of it arm hair and leg hair is fine but I like my torso free of hair (not doing it for anyone else screw their opinions!) 2. I cycle a lot and I honestly don't need the extra insulation id just end up overheating

On other people heck its their choice I am not going knock them for having a hairy chest though if it is a female it is a bit of a turn off if I am honest but not a "I will not go out with you hairy person!" kind of turn off.

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
Bara_no_Hime said:
I've known guys who shaved their with a beard trimmer - to shorten the hairs but not remove them. I'm not sure... why the did that. **shrug**
Neatness?

I have a copious amount of chest hair, but a shiny bald head, and so I try to keep my chest hair at a grade 3-5 in order to reduce the disconnect. I don't like it being as long as it gets, but I won't remove it completely as I think it looks un-masculine. Hence a safe cropping. See?

God... I think I need to leave this thread... I think I'm overdosing on testosterone...

BlueFishie

Jan 4, 2010
I dislike chest hair. I guess I'm mostly male.

Anyway, I have virtually no chest hair whatsoever, which I'm thankful for.
I generally find a shaved chest more attractive. Excessive chest hair I dislike quite a bit.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
I have hair on my chest and my GF doesn't seem to care, she actually has fun trying to pull me around by it.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I'm 21 and I currently have only just started getting chest-hair.

I intend to wax it off once it gets to certain point, but then that means my chest will be strangely bare, but my stomach will have bits of hair...

So that means waxing my belly. Then my back.

I already trim my leg hair, trim my pubic hair, shave my genitals, keep a clean-shaven face...I've even been tempted to trim my arm-hair, so I'm a weird case.

But yeah, chest hair is a 'no' for me. I just don't like it.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
Has anyone found a correlation between furries finding someone attractive and the amount of body hair? XD

I swear most of the girls in the Powys area simply hate chest hair but the women don't mind or even find it attractive .

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Ieyke said:
Chest hair? Damn right.
I dunno where in my family I get it from exactly, but I'm a frikkin' viking. Blue eyes, brown hair, red beard, fair skin, I'm huge and I've got more than enough chest hair.

Not to insult anyone about something they can't change (seriously, no offense, but it's gonna sound like it), but WTH is up with all the little hairless pansy guys running around nowadays?
It's like in the last few years someone flipped the genetic switches of manliness off.
Where did the hairy men go?
Where did all these emo and hipster weirdos come from?
What happened to guys who know how to fix pipes and change tires?

Basically all the guys my age (24) and younger that I know of are mostly useless in the "things you should know as a guy" category.
WTF?

I've been wondering this for a while now.
Because people don't feel as forced to doing things they don't want to do because they were born with dangly bits between their legs. If men should learn to fix things, women should. I really hate the idea that I have to do everything because I've got a dick.

Also, body-hair doesn't matter? Surely? Why shouldn't men get rid of it, it's their body.

Ariseishirou

Aug 24, 2010
When I was younger I used to be pretty averse to it, but now that I'm older I quite like it. If a guy shaves his chest because he's extremely fit and wants to show it off, that's fine too though.

...Back hair is another story.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'm male, I have none, and I'm glad. I find it kinda gross at times. And I guess there is that thing where the fast you get hair on your chest the faster you lose it on your head. Not sure if it is actually true or not... Probably not.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Undead Dragon King said:
I've recently been thinking about my large amount of chest hair and wondering whether I should shave it off.
For males: do you have it?
My chest hair has never been carpet like. I used to work in a jail and saw about 40 naked guys a day (strip searches are required on intake) i think my body hair level is 'average Caucasian' but anyway.
For reasons that are none of your damn business I shaved it off once many years ago. It was fucking horrible chafing and scratching when it grew back my then girl friend would not do certain positions with me because of the dagger-like stubble.

Never again.

edit: since everyone else has said so. I think when I was about 12 or 13 i had 'chest hair' which is also when i started shaving. My family are very early bloomers.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Despite my long hair, I actually struggle to grow hair on most of my body. That means no chest hair, barely any pit hair and no facial hair of any description at 16 years of age.
I don't like the look of chest hair, but I don't really care. Not like I plan on cuddling shirtless dudes anytime soon.