Chewbaca died!?

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
For those of you who don't know, IGN recently had a countdown of their top 100 Star Wars characters. Now, I know a lot of us don't like IGN, myself included, but I wanted to check it out anyways.

Chewbaca placed number 9, and in his character synopsis one of the IGN editors wrote, and I quote, "In the end, Chewie was able to make that ultimate sacrifice, and Han was left crushed. Chewie was a great friend to all, and his absence left a huge void in Han's life. Heck, it left a huge void in our lives, and we'll never forget the day we learned Chewbacca died."

WHAT!? Chewbacca died?
What the hell? When did this happen? So I looked it up on Wookipidia, and HE DID.

In one of the extended Star Wars Universe novels, HE DIES.

And not only does he die, he dies in a FUCKING EPIC way! He sacrifices himself to save Han Solo's son, Anakin Solo, from a giant fucking moon crashing into a planet!

Thats right, Chewbaca died because he got hit by a moon.
In the end, he got a giant monument on Kashyyyk, and Han stopped talking to his son because he blamed him for Chewie's death.

Oh, Chewbacca, I will miss you.​

Now, this is officially a Chewbacca funeral thread! So, post your pictures, your flowers, your goodbyes and your other funeral-related things. Mourn him!

[HEADING=1]MOURN HIM NOW DAMMIT![/HEADING]​

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
It is kind of epic that it took a moon and the destruction of a planet to kill him.

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
My condolences for your loss.

AaaahhHooooooOOOOOOOOOHHHAahaHHHHhahahaOoooooo AHoOMOEeee aaahooooha
(wookie translation)

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
[link]http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com[/link]

I shall mourn you buddy! I shall miss the way you NEVER lost strategy games.

At least your death was as epic as it deserved to be!

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Are those things even completely canon? Oh well, seeya, Chewie. Although you were my least favorite character, I do feel saddened at your passing.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...Chuck Norris stopped shaving. Hundreds of adventures later, he was knocked unconscious by a moon crashing onto him.

He woke up millenia later on Earth, as a Texas Ranger.

KdS_22

Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
Dec 9, 2009
I remember reading that book and when that part of the chapter was approaching I was thinking "Nah, they won't kill him off. There's NO FREAKIN' WAY..." and then boom, he dies. Albeit in an extremely awesome and "honorable" way, but still... he is missed :'(

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Actually, at the last second, the moon noticed that he was being stared down by Chewbacca, and decided to back the fuck up.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Yeah, i've heard that Star Wars' Expanded Universe tends towards The Grim Dorkness[sup]TM[/sup] nowadays.

I can't say much about Chewbacca as i never knew him that closely, but he will still be missed.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
This is kinda old...The novel in which he died came out in 1999.

But yes, in the novel Vector Prime, which was set 21 years after Ep. 6, Chewbacca was killed when a moon was pulled out of orbit by the extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong. 'Twas a sad day. :(
/nerd
[sub]For some reason, I read the Expanded Universe novels.[/sub]