Chewbaca died!?

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Dango said:
Actually, at the last second, the moon noticed that he was being stared down by Chewbacca, and decided to back the fuck up.
The entire universe would back off if chewie was staring it down.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
Lol this thread is a few years too late, but I'll still gonna honour him by typing out his best Vader impression

"It appears you killed her."
"ROHOOOOOOHOOOOAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWROOOOOOAGGHHH"

Vector Prime is still epic and I consider it cannon; I think they were trying to establish that they could have a permanent impact to the story by having him die, which is good - and it WAS an epic death. If you see Lucas's view as canon then fair enough, but personally I prefer series like KOTOR, Legacies, NJO, Jedi Knight, and LotF to garbage like episode 1 and the clone wars animated film

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
I have read bits of the expanded universe, and ended up picking up the book after vector prime without first reading it - it was something of a shock to me when I found Chewbacca had died, and then it became super-special-awesome when I found that it was a moon crashing into a planet that took him out. Then I went into mourning.

Arkzism

Jan 24, 2008
... uh yeah several years ago... a planet.. or moon i cant tell with starwars... fell on him, he died a hero, it fucked han up... oh and admiral ackbar died too... but he was old by return of the jedi.

this is also why i dislike R. A. Salvatore

plus ive been morning since... poor poor chewie....

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
The Austin said:
Did you know han solo was meant to die in the return of the jedi??? But George "lets not kill him off cause we will sell more toys that way" Lucas re-wrote it. In fact he did a lot of damn re-writing of that movie...

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Zach Steadman said:
Am I the only person who knew this 2 years ago?
I read that book when it came out in trade paperback, so I knew it a while back, too.

But we should still be sorry for Han, since he turns into a complete scrub in the aftermath of Chewie's death, and one of his kids totally blames himself for it.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I know ill get my ass flamed for this, but Chewbaca will always be inferoior to zallbar!

LONG LIVE KING ZALLBAR!!

Still that death was pretty epic, I guess a lifedebt means youd die for them.

Elephant Walker19

Jul 5, 2010
He now can join the hall of dead heroes.

ok I don't know it tankman is dead but with china's government I wouldn't be suprised

Warning: The monk that lit himself on fire is in here it might prove unsettling to see.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Zach Steadman said:
Am I the only person who knew this 2 years ago?
I knew this about the time it happened. My first thought was THAT is the only way to fucking die.