Childhood cartoons/programs

iphonerose

May 20, 2011
OptimisticPessimist said:
Most of the ones I watched have allready been mentioned. How about these, though? anyone else remember them?

vaguely remember mystic knights!! and big bad beetleborgs :)

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
OptimisticPessimist said:
Most of the ones I watched have allready been mentioned. How about these, though? anyone else remember them?

Best part of Reboot was Hexidecimal. Sux that she wasn't on that much.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
I just went back and saw an episode of Samurai Jack. It holds up surprisingly well. Beautiful art, amazing action, great pacing. What a fantastic show...

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
The very first ones i have watched were: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9rGGM_rqIk (Its an old Russian cartoon so i don't really know how to call it) and 'Tom & Jerry', then came Simpsons, dragon ball. Once we got cable i started watching most of the stuff that cartoon network pooped out.

English Stew

Apr 23, 2011
If I'm 17 now, am I too young to respond to this?

If not, Fairly Oddparents and Avatar: The Last Airbender jump to mind. With Avatar in particualar I remeber liking it's reversal of the cliche "funny because he's stupid" comedy side character; thier humor came from a character,Sokka, who was actually a gifted scientist and skeptic... in a world of gods and magic. Briliant!

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I watched a lot of TV, but ones that I woke up ridiculously earlier and set alarms for were

Pokemon
Power Rangers (I watched Mighty Morphin through to Wild Force)
Samurai Jack
Megas XLR
Justice League/JL Unlimited
Transformers Armada/Energon/Cybertron

Edit: Thought of another one, Ace Lightning
Such an awesome show

iphonerose

May 20, 2011
English Stew said:
If I'm 17 now, am I too young to respond to this?

If not, Fairly Oddparents and Avatar: The Last Airbender jump to mind. With Avatar in particualar I remeber liking it's reversal of the cliche "funny because he's stupid" comedy side character; thier humor came from a character,Sokka, who was actually a gifted scientist and skeptic... in a world of gods and magic. Briliant!
Of course not! any generations are welcome. i remember fairly oddparents

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hard to say, since there were just so many...like Pokemon, Digimon, Animaniacs, All That, Kenan and Kel, The Angry Beavers, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Looney Tunes...

Ah, nostalgia...

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Tasachan said:
X-Men! I remember staying up past my bedtime to watch it.
I don't remember watching much X-Men but I do love X-Men Evolution (2000-2003):

Best animated show I've seen in a long while.

Lizardon said:
Edit: Thought of another one, Ace Lightning
Such an awesome show
Woah, talk about nostalgia.

Mr.Teatime

Sep 8, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFwrF-SRu7s

Wasn't necessarily the best theme, but the show was amazing. This one was awesome too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51hoVQdS9bA&feature=related

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
thylasos said:
Mr. Ben, Ivor the Engine, The Clangers, Funnybones...er... tough to remember, really.

Hey Albert was fun.

There was also a programme with some inventor chap, which was loosely a science education show... I can't remember much else about it though. Was the Crystal Maze a children's show, or was it just that I watched it as a child?
Judging from the other things you list I am guessing the science show was probably one of Johnny Ball's programs. Think Of A Number maybe, or Johnny Ball Reveals All.

Do you remember Box Of Delights?

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Pokemon, Invader Zim, Digimon, Cat-dog, Aladdin, Capitan Planet. Well that's about it really.
(And capital planet was my favourite)

Nemesha

Jun 23, 2009
Ah the memories....

Spiderman
X-men
Bikermice from mars
Pokemon
Digimon
TMNT
DBZ & DB GT

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Well, apart from the obvious Looney Tunes that if you dislike, you have no heart, soul nor brain, I recently re-discovered...
Then I found out all the seasons are on YouTube.
I know how I'm spending my summer break.

EDIT:
Just noticed X-Men Evolution's already been said.
I don't care, this show needs more recognition anyway.

SillyNilly

Sep 17, 2009
So many shows that aired passed in a blur, I swear. I hadn't realized until now how quick my childhood elapsed.

Well, here I go:

-Ren and Stimpy
-Animaniacs
-Rocko's Modern Life
-Fantastic 4
-Spiderman
-Gargoyles
-Dragonball and DBZ
-Simpsons
-Scooby Doo
-Wacky Races
-Popeye
-Flinstones
-Yogi the Bear
-Looney Tunes
-Addams Family
-Dexter's Lab
-Hey Arnold
-Pokemon
-Cow and Chicken
-Johnny Bravo
-Angry Beavers
-Catdog
-PPG
-Wild Thornberrys
-Ed Edd n' Eddy
-Batman Beyond
-Courage the Cowardly Dog
-Spongebob
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Jackie Chan Adventures
-Invader Zim
-Samurai Jack
-Fairly Oddparents
-Totally Spies
-Hamtaro
-Jimmy Neutron
-Codename KND
-Code Lyoko
-My Life as a Teenage Robot
-Teen Titans
-Xiaolin Showdown
-W.I.T.C.H.
-Danny Phantom
-Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
-Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
-Robotboy
-Yin-Yang-Yo

What tops them all is either PPG, Dexter's Lab, Looney Tunes, Fairly Oddparents, Foster's, DBZ & Dragonball, or Animaniacs. Can't decide, they are all magnificent on their own.

A mix of everything, really. I occupied most of my time with Legos, videogames, reading, and cartoons. Good times...

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Dexter's Lab
Powerpuff Girls
Samurai Jack
Sailor Moon
Outlaw Star
DBZ
Spongebob Squarepants
Pokémon
Doug

Those I can legitimately say were my favorites. There were plenty of others that I enjoyed, like Rugrats and Kablam!, but I was never a huge fan of them at all. Plus, my parents were plenty restrictive at how much TV I watched as a kid. The restrictions started to dwindle at around the time I entered middle school, so that's why I tended to like the shows from the middle years on Cartoon Network.