Childhood crush?

GinraiPrime

Aug 26, 2010
Ieyke said:
GinraiPrime said:
As to leyke, good luck dude! Wishing ya all the best man :)
AbsoluteVirtue18 said:
Good luck, man. You might be better off not wearing goggles. Don't want to look silly, y'know.
Thanks guys. I really appreciate it...

BUT

She got home finally.

I'm totally friendzoned and apparently made her cry and stress overload about hurting me and where she should live etc etc etc. That was exactly the one thing I was trying to avoid...
I feel horrible about that...
Luckily, I think I made it all okay. Thank the gods I'm great with words and communicating ideas.

So yea. It really really really really sucks, but I'm just so...I dunno...battle-hardened to this stuff that I'm okay. Just a thousand times more worried about her being all good and not feeling like she needs to move out.
:( Soz to hear that man. Like some other Escapists have said, just let things settle and see how things go from there. I was in a similar situation with my girlfriend. She saw me as a friend for ages and then I took the plunge but wasen't good at the time, but I held out and things eventually did go in my favour. Hopefully this helps to show some of us have been in the same boat man :) Keep ya chin up and hopefully things'll go good for ya!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Jonluw said:
Queen Michael said:
Jonluw said:
I guess she still looks pretty much the same...
Personally, I was always more of a Taranee fan.
Taranee, huh?
Never liked her. She was down there with Irma.

Elyon though. There's an actual contender for Will. If it wasn't for the fact that Will was introduced first, I might not have ended up with a weak spot for redheads. I wonder how different I would've been today if that was the case.
No way you put Irma as a mark for the bottom! I agree with Taranee though...

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Yopaz said:
Jonluw said:
Queen Michael said:
Jonluw said:
I guess she still looks pretty much the same...
Personally, I was always more of a Taranee fan.
Taranee, huh?
Never liked her. She was down there with Irma.

Elyon though. There's an actual contender for Will. If it wasn't for the fact that Will was introduced first, I might not have ended up with a weak spot for redheads. I wonder how different I would've been today if that was the case.
No way you put Irma as a mark for the bottom! I agree with Taranee though...
Her personality bugged me...
And I guess her hairstlye reminded me too much of my mum.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Forlong said:
Ieyke said:
...and sleeps next to me
Uh...is it in the same bed? Is that a question I should even be asking?
Yup.
Same bed.
Like anywhere between 2"-2' away from me.
2"-2' too far...

mysecondlife said:
Oh my goodness. Your work is already done for you. Best of luck
If only that was the case... :(

CruisingForBiddies said:
I would give you a reassuring hug if I could man :)
GinraiPrime said:
:( Soz to hear that man. Like some other Escapists have said, just let things settle and see how things go from there. I was in a similar situation with my girlfriend. She saw me as a friend for ages and then I took the plunge but wasen't good at the time, but I held out and things eventually did go in my favour. Hopefully this helps to show some of us have been in the same boat man :) Keep ya chin up and hopefully things'll go good for ya!
Again, many thanks. That's basically what I'm hoping for, or something like that. I think I basically give up active hope, but will keep right on treating her right and loving the hell out of her the way she'll let me, and then passively just hope that one day she comes round, if that makes any sense.
I'm not sure if a difference between "active" and "passive" hope makes sense to anyone but me...

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010

Loved her since Stranger Than Fiction...

ChadSexington said:
Helena Bonham Carter. She's older than my mum (my mum was quite young when she had me) but god damn, that woman is beautiful.
Wouldn't say she was my child hood crush, but I've loved her since Sweeney Todd.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Good lord, I feel old from reading about some of your crushes.

One of my childhood/teenage crushes was Colin Firth as Mr Darcy (from Pride & Prejudice).

I had a few others but he's the one I can remember right now.

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
Ieyke said:
Again, many thanks. That's basically what I'm hoping for, or something like that. I think I basically give up active hope, but will keep right on treating her right and loving the hell out of her the way she'll let me, and then passively just hope that one day she comes round, if that makes any sense.
I'm not sure if a difference between "active" and "passive" hope makes sense to anyone but me...
Coming from experience, passive is not the way to go. This girl and I both liked each other and neither of us acted upon it for around 6 months. I had an epiphany and asked her out and we are now dating. Its better to be turned down than to live with regrets for what could have been... Tell her how you feel, I promise it will make a better impression than waiting for her to love you back.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I don't really remember any of my celebrity crushes as a kid, probably because I didn't have many.

However, I carried a fairly large torch for an elementary school friend of mine for quite a long time. Well into High School and we didn't even go to the same High School. His name was Spencer Wilson. He was very tall for his age, white, dark haired, and extremely quiet. I haven't a clue what he looks like today or if he's changed demeanor, since he apparently just dropped off the face of the earth and I never saw him again when my Sophomore year rolled around.

He probably just moved.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
CruisingForBiddies said:
Ieyke said:
Coming from experience, passive is not the way to go. This girl and I both liked each other and neither of us acted upon it for around 6 months. I had an epiphany and asked her out and we are now dating. Its better to be turned down than to live with regrets for what could have been... Tell her how you feel, I promise it will make a better impression than waiting for her to love you back.
I think you missed a part of this saga:

Ieyke said:
Well Escapists, I asked her. Unfortunately, our schedules were retarded and I only got the chance to say my piece before she had to leave. The only response she had time to give me was "Well you didn't give me much time" followed by a hug and her leaving.

and I got a message:

"MyName,
We'll have to talk about this when I get home
I need time to think
-HerName

You gave me no time."

I didn't realize I wasn't going to have time :(

She got home finally.

I'm totally friendzoned and apparently made her cry and stress overload about hurting me and where she should live etc etc etc. That was exactly the one thing I was trying to avoid...
I feel horrible about that...
Luckily, I think I made it all okay. Thank the gods I'm great with words and communicating ideas.

So yea. It really really really really sucks, but I'm just so...I dunno...battle-hardened to this stuff that I'm okay. Just a thousand times more worried about her being all good and not feeling like she needs to move out.
So yea, this:
Ieyke said:
is only Plan B... :(

For anyone else out there keeping their feelings to themselves though, I agree. You have to say something or you'll never know. You can only regret never knowing what might've been somewhere down the line

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
Whoops I had somehow missed that part. Well I'm sorry for what happened but at least it didn't turn out to be a complete disaster. I'm glad you managed to salvage your friendship :)

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
CruisingForBiddies said:
Whoops I had somehow missed that part. Well I'm sorry for what happened but at least it didn't turn out to be a complete disaster. I'm glad you managed to salvage your friendship :)
As am I.
So very very glad.
I think that relief is what made me okay. Now that the relief is wearing off it's starting to suck...a lot.

MUST...MAINTAIN...POKER FACE! /Shatner

(Seems like I totally hijacked this thread.... <_< )

Cette

Legacy
Dec 16, 2011
Country
US
Fairuza Balk

She has just the right amount of white trash mixed with off kilter hotness.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
trollnystan said:
Good lord, I feel old from reading about some of your crushes.

One of my childhood/teenage crushes was Colin Firth as Mr Darcy (from Pride & Prejudice).

I had a few others but he's the one I can remember right now.
And then I had to go get a man-crush on Rupert Everett when I watched the recent incarnation of The Importance of Being Earnest... >_>

Though post facelift, he looks dreadfully icky... :/

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Out of curiosity, how many people here have actually managed to escape a long-term friendzone?

EDIT: Well that's a reassuring thing to get no response to.... :(

jjjonesy27

Jul 2, 2011
Forlong said:
jjjonesy27 said:
Rikku from the Final Fantasy series...yeah...
You know she's under 18 in both games, right? Just thought you should know.
...Awesome...

I was 11 when I first saw her...and I'm 16 now...so...yeah...awesome...