Chinese Cannibalism

Terrible Opinions

Sep 11, 2011
Hey, it's almost like there's a history of this kind of bullshit fearmongering [http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/fetus.asp]. Some fuckin' Yellow Peril shit going on up in here.

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
Master of the Skies said:
Vandenberg1 said:
I'll spare you some of the web sites with offensive photos of fetus' literally being eaten in Southern China. I also do not know if they are totally real as of yet, but this has been confirmed.... All I have to say is WTF.. I am a firm believer in relativism, as cannibalism is acceptable for extreme survival (no murder) and as a religious practice in a small Indian community, but to full blown just eat babies or take then into your body because someone told you there good for you is outrageous... http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/rights-so-divine/2012/may/10/chinese-cannibalism-infant-flesh-outrages-world/
It's just a fetus. It got aborted. Kind of sickening to think of eating it, but I don't see the big problem besides a health concern. Generally we tend to be careful in handling that kind of stuff.

Not seeing the so called human rights violation the author of the article speaks of, unless the author thinks abortion is a human rights violation, a view to which I'd vehemently disagree.
Abortion IS a human rights violation. If you accept that abortion is morally acceptable, you're basically saying that younger humans don't have the same rights as slightly older ones. A person's age, location, and level of development shouldn't and can't determine their value.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Rumours of Chinese infant cannibalism have been around a long time. One of the only cases that seems to have any basis in reality is some reported cases of infant cannibalism during the Great Leap Forward famines between 1958-61. I've actually seen a Chinese horror movie using the concept effectively in the context of horror. It is incredibly easy to convince people in the West that the Chinese are partaking in various vile dietary habits because we already think a lot of their real dietary habits are strange.

That said I am still pretty sure this is BS. We can blame Chine for doing a lot of morally suspect things but child cannibalism is still something that shocks them as much as us.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Any canniballism is WTF, no question. I won't abide by the eating of human flesh.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
If this was real, I don't think I would care, cannabilism has never unsettled me - unless the meat was murdered first, but I don't consider abortion murder either, so there's that.
Probably fake though.

Master_Fubar23

Jun 25, 2009
Deathmageddon said:
Vandenberg1 said:
I'll spare you some of the web sites with offensive photos of fetus' literally being eaten in Southern China. I also do not know if they are totally real as of yet, but this has been confirmed.... All I have to say is WTF.. I am a firm believer in relativism, as cannibalism is acceptable for extreme survival (no murder) and as a religious practice in a small Indian community, but to full blown just eat babies or take then into your body because someone told you there good for you is outrageous... http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/rights-so-divine/2012/may/10/chinese-cannibalism-infant-flesh-outrages-world/
It's just a fetus. It got aborted. Kind of sickening to think of eating it, but I don't see the big problem besides a health concern. Generally we tend to be careful in handling that kind of stuff.

Not seeing the so called human rights violation the author of the article speaks of, unless the author thinks abortion is a human rights violation, a view to which I'd vehemently disagree.
Abortion IS a human rights violation. If you accept that abortion is morally acceptable, you're basically saying that younger humans don't have the same rights as slightly older ones. A person's age, location, and level of development shouldn't and can't determine their value.
No, it is not.

It isn't a matter of youth, it is a matter of whether they have conscious thought or not. Humans have worth because of their ability to think and feel.

If I were to stoop to your level I'd start accusing you of saying that we need to preserve a cut off finger at all costs just because it's human. But I think those crappy strawman accusations suit the anti-abortion attitude better as a weapon of choice.
Considering they "abort" full term babies, as in they have to physically kill the 9mo baby inside the womb, the Chinese that participate in this horrid practice in anyway are reprehensible. I really don't doubt they're killing 7mo+ babies in the womb to have the babies considered "unborn" so they can sell and/or eat what comes out. Its quite sick that this story brings Cloud Atlas to mind but maybe that degraded future is what is in store for mankind. Pathetic.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Chemical Alia said:
I dunno, everytime I hear some sensational, shocking thing about cannibalism in China (baby soup, 人肉包子 etc.), it's proven to be a tabloid-style hoax. I'm honestly not convinced that this isn't just another example of that.

Edit: Clicking onthe author's name and glancing at her profile gives me even more suspicion.
Yeah, I thought that too. There's a long history of various baby eating hoaxes across many countries and ethnicities. There was even one in the US during the early 90s during the Satanic panics. If it seems unbelievable, then be skeptical. There was a Korean horror movie about this called Dumplings and it seemed pretty far fetched in that. If Koreans are that horrified to make a movie, why wouldn't the Chinese also be right next door?

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I have to question the validity of this article. People, particularly in the West seem to be willing to believe anything when it comes to "news" about China. I suppose it is easier to demonise a people when you don't understand their culture and when their social and political structure does not function in a way palletable to your ideology, but it seems sometimes people loose all perspective.

I am not saying this has never happened and would not go so far as to say that it doesn't happen today in isolated cases, the photo may even be real. However, the idea that this is some widespread practice that happens in secret is a stretch too far for me.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Deathmageddon said:
Vandenberg1 said:

No, it is not.

It isn't a matter of youth, it is a matter of whether they have conscious thought or not. Humans have worth because of their ability to think and feel.

If I were to stoop to your level I'd start accusing you of saying that we need to preserve a cut off finger at all costs just because it's human. But I think those crappy strawman accusations suit the anti-abortion attitude better as a weapon of choice.
I'd argue two things, one that there are many many many humans who I feel don't qualify as concious thinkers, but thats more a flippant attitude.
However, if fetuses aren't actual humans until they breathe on their own (by law) then why is it when a pregnant woman is harmed its a felony, or when someone endangers the welfare of an unborn child by drinking its breaking the law or when a pregnant woman is murdered they can tack on another charge of murder? Fucked up double standards in the law...
And I've got my own views on abortion, which are somewhat middle of the road. I just feel that people need to accept some responsibility for their actions instead of taking the easy way out (short of exigent circumstances). I won't get into a debate here though, because there are times where abortion can be ok in my book. Its not really about morals to me so much as integrity but I digress.

OT: There should never ever be a time where its ok to eat another member of your species. African badgers are one of the most vicious balls of fur, claw and muscle on the planet and I'd never want to tangle with one but I respect them for one reason beyond their capacity for tearing-of-new-assholes, the fact that they won't harm another of their species.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
zelda2fanboy said:
Chemical Alia said:
I dunno, everytime I hear some sensational, shocking thing about cannibalism in China (baby soup, 人肉包子 etc.), it's proven to be a tabloid-style hoax. I'm honestly not convinced that this isn't just another example of that.

Edit: Clicking onthe author's name and glancing at her profile gives me even more suspicion.
Yeah, I thought that too. There's a long history of various baby eating hoaxes across many countries and ethnicities. There was even one in the US during the early 90s during the Satanic panics. If it seems unbelievable, then be skeptical. There was a Korean horror movie about this called Dumplings and it seemed pretty far fetched in that. If Koreans are that horrified to make a movie, why wouldn't the Chinese also be right next door?
That was the film I was thinking about. It is actually a Hong Kong Chinese movie though rather than a Korean feature. But if you watched it the way I did it was part of a triple feature with a Korean horror movie about a sadistic revenge on a director and a Japanese film about something so horrible I have blotted it from my memories.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh look, blood libel.

Ok, sure, all that stuff about the Jews doing it...yeah, turns out that was flat out wrong. And all those yellow peril stories of yesteryear.

But this time for real, right.