elbowlick

Jul 1, 2009
Abandon4093 said:
elbowlick said:
[

Abandon4093 said:
It's probably organ harvesters.

As depressing as that is.
A more optimistic proposal would be that they were sold to couples incapable of having children. The boys, anyway.
Realistically, China isn't big on the whole selling children to wanting families. Because most people don't want more kids.
By "couples incapable of having children", I meant infertile couples. Didn't mean to put that in a misleading way. Not really sure how adoption works there, but I figure that they're full of unwanted daughters who are more likely to be adopted by people outside the country.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I'm not familiar with Chinese culture but at some point wouldn't the mother ask "how are the grandkids doing?" and blow the whole thing out of the water?

I hope those kids never find out who their parents were. Emotional scares don't go much deeper then "your parents sold you to play video games and don't give a damn at all". Aside from that, there are no words to describe the sheer balls to the walls weapons grade atomic "what the hell?" of this story.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Up until they started selling their kids they sounded pretty cool. I mean a couple of young people, they're both gamers, they're married and wait... what?!? You'd think one of them would have had an objection to this plan, but no apparently they are of like mind on this. Well, I guess it just goes to show, there's somebody out there for everyone.

I was thinking it would be cool to own a couple kids. I'd be all like "Welp, you babies are gonna work to pay off what you owe me." They could do the dishes, make out the bills, take out the trash, mow the lawn... Then I realized that would make me a slave owner. Crap. Better to just have my own slav--... er kids.

moretwocents said:
People wonder why I'm a cynical person.
It just happens that my reason is everyone else.
No, like most cynics I'll wager your reason is actually because you're a crank. Everyone has to deal with the same world and the same people but not everyone's a cynic. That said you probably love being a crank and people probably love you for it. So shine on, you cranky diamond.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
HEY, ATTENTION ASSHOLES LIKE THESE PEOPLE!, YOU'RE NOT HELPING THE REST OF US DEFEND THE INTEGRITY OF OUR MEDIUM!

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Glass Joe the Champ said:
If they like videogames that much, I have a good punishment for them:

Stay in prison until they beat I Wanna Be the Guy on Impossible!

and every Devil May Cry on the highest difficulty, and every Ninja Gaiden on the highest difficulty, AND Catherine on hard, and pretty much every single Nintendo Hard game out there (and force them to get raped by inmates for several hours for a single chance at any one of them).

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
as opposed to drowning them, this is a step up.

EDIT: Seriously though, if i lived in (some parts of) china, I'd probably sell my kid. not for gaming, but for necessities.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
4.5 grand for a kid? Quickly! To the orphanage! I'll get the big sack someone else get the crowbar. I'm getting me some of that living gold!

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
Wait what, let me comprahend this, I'll be in the chamber of understanding....

Nope still doesn't make any sense.

Mad now.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Eh different culture, different customs.
orangeapples said:
Asia China... I thought you were smart. Why must you rebel against the positive stereotype?
Wait so China now represents the whole of Asia?

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009

Really? REALLY!?
Just when you think the stupid bar has gone as low as it can,this shit happens. Satan is using that bar to play limbo right now the damn bar is so low.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
What silly silly fools, I'm sure they could've made much more money by using the kids as gold farmers in WoW.

Let me make it clear that that was a joke and was in no way serious.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
I'm not familiar with Chinese culture but at some point wouldn't the mother ask "how are the grandkids doing?" and blow the whole thing out of the water?
I mean, thats... exactly what the article said happened.

Anyhoo, i was going through this again, and I realized that I'd heard stories, going back to the 90s, about crack addicts selling their babies for the equivalent of 10 bucks in crack.

So,

theres that.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Nouw said:
Eh different culture, different customs.
orangeapples said:
Asia China... I thought you were smart. Why must you rebel against the positive stereotype?
Wait so China now represents the whole of Asia?
Well if you want to get techinical they represent 1/6 of the human population and since Asia is home to half the worlds population they represent 1/3 of Asia. So if we go by his statement one third of Asia is fucked up, however in truth these people represent the scumbag minority in China, which includes selfish and amoral people, so that means most of their government is in this minority.

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
GAH, how stupid could you be? I'm kinda video game obsessed but I'd sooner take on a second job to help me get my gaming fix, rather than sell my frikkin' kids.

...I thought China forbade people from having three children in the first place.