Chocobo Breeding

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
End on? Is there something we should know?
Definitely, and it's bad, but I don't know the true extent of the damage yet. Nobody I talk to seems sure, but everything I've heard about the situation is bad. DEFY closed the Durham office yesterday, so those staff members all have to find new jobs now. I don't know who's staying or going for certain among the current contributors, but if some DEFY rep. told us the site was in the clear, I'd trust them about as much as I would a serial killer with keys to the gun cabinet.

There is obviously no realistic way I'm going to be better informed about someone's future employment then they themselves are, but given DEFY's past actions, I tend to expect the worst when it comes to what they'd probably call "reshuffling" or "consolidating". At least we have some new GT friends to talk to now, and they're nice.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
While Defy did a massive slash to The Escapist, Grey has commented that as far as he knows, he still has a job. There might be more news, because I checked yesterday, but I think a gun was jumped here.

There's a lot of rumours going around, including everyone up to and including Yahtzee looking for work. There's no evidence the cuts went that deep, though.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Gross, I hate how much I like this comic. Haha

Darth_Payn said:
It's like being a turkey masterbator, for turkeys big enough to ride like horses. ANd yes, turkey masterbator is a real job.
"And they are the happiest horses in all of India!" Oh Outsourced, I barely knew thee...

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
five years from now, i'd love to see a documentary about the rise and fall of the escapist. how do you go from THE HOME of names like Extra Credits, Jim Sterling, Moviebob, Lisa Foiles, Yahtzee, etc... to THIS? What the hell happened?

And Man

May 12, 2014
Something Amyss said:
canadamus_prime said:
While Defy did a massive slash to The Escapist, Grey has commented that as far as he knows, he still has a job. There might be more news, because I checked yesterday, but I think a gun was jumped here.

There's a lot of rumours going around, including everyone up to and including Yahtzee looking for work. There's no evidence the cuts went that deep, though.
I can't imagine Yahtzee getting let go, since he's far and away the biggest draw for for this site and has been for pretty much its entirety (no offense to any of the other content creators).

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
I demand Stardew Valley realistic animal rearing dlc/mod now!

(lol I think a lot of people in this thread need to look at what the date is.)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
And Man said:
I can't imagine Yahtzee getting let go, since he's far and away the biggest draw for for this site and has been for pretty much its entirety (no offense to any of the other content creators).
While I doubt it, my point was whether it happened and more that this is how far rumour and speculation have gone on the matter. Naming
Yahtzee specifically was to drive home that it went as far as saying he was gone.

Not to do the opposite and offer validity to the rumours.

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
And Man said:
Something Amyss said:
canadamus_prime said:

Yahtzee's still with the Escapist, but if you enjoyed Full Frontal Nerdity you'll have to go to Aaron's site for it. Most of the crew have been laid off, with EIC Josh and Alex Macris being the two big exceptions.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Okay, now I feel uncomfortable. Like I need an adult... (shudders) Is... is this part of the breeding process?!

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
yamy said:

Only y'know the news came in several days before April Fool's and quite a few people found new jobs as early as February.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
insanelich said:
yamy said:

Only y'know the news came in several days before April Fool's and quite a few people found new jobs as early as February.
Yes I have since discovered that the lay-offs were not a joke (much to my dismay) and that in my timezone it was close to April 1st when I posted. I do want to point out that the forum looked liked this when I posted.

Which somewhat affected how much I believe the news.