Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'm very slowly gaining weight again after a very succesful year where I lost over 20 pounds. Now I don't necessarily NEED to lose that much more weight, but I was doing so bloody well, and now I'm just kinda powerless against my evening cravings.
Is that because of all the isolation?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Is that because of all the isolation?
Not really. Initially the isolation actually helped out; it meant I couldn't just go to the supermarket to pick something up if I felt like it.

I don't know, it seems back then I could just flip that switch and decide 'don't eat anything after diner', and I was just able to stick with it quite easily. But not anymore unfortunately.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Spider-Man remaster.

Like, what in crickey-fuck is this?!
We got a Tomb Raider (2013) scenario where they change the face for no reason. That's gonna be very awkward to look at. Peter B. Parker is best Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Or the 1994 version.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Hey, they replaced Andrew Garfield with Tom Holland.

Life immitates art or sth
We got a Tomb Raider (2013) scenario where they change the face for no reason. That's gonna be very awkward to look at. Peter B. Parker is best Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Or the 1994 version.
You just know this is some bullshit from Sony. 'Our movie Spider-Man looks like Tom Holland, that's how we're selling Spider-Man to the world. So Insomniac, you better make videogame Spider-Man look like Tom Holland, considering the game is a big deal now. But not actually Tom Holland, because that'll run into rights issues, just scan in a face that looks as Tom Holland as possible.'

Fucking hell, do I hate this industry sometimes. I mean, can't Sony just be cool for more than one generation anymore?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Got new upstairs neighbors. Young couple. I'm happy to report they are enjoying their sex life. Vigorously. Dailly. Alas, always late at night, when I've already hit the hay.

The upside is it's inspirational, so GF and I are fighting fire with fire. Sleep levels low, but satisfaction levels high.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Why aren't there more hours in a day and why can't I get by on just 4 hours of sleep? Thanks Obama.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Got new upstairs neighbors. Young couple. I'm happy to report they are enjoying their sex life. Vigorously. Dailly. Alas, always late at night, when I've already hit the hay.

The upside is it's inspirational, so GF and I are fighting fire with fire. Sleep levels low, but satisfaction levels high.
Shouldn't this be in the smile thread and not the complain thread? XD

I don't even want to know what my neighbors think.. :D

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Shouldn't this be in the smile thread and not the complain thread? XD

I don't even want to know what my neighbors think.. :D
Yes and no. See, it's like this. We're not at it more often, just no longer feeling like we have to curtail our own noise (our previous upstairs neighbours would complain). She enjoys it more when she gets to lay on the decibels, which I reap the rewards from. So yes, good times. But ... their late night punani is still hampering my sleep, which I need and it's making the rest of my day kind of suck. So on the whole still a negative, just with a silver lining.

So went with something "inspired by" for the smile thread.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
So another night of not being able to stay asleep due to insomnia. Trying to paint a cabinet I have been working on and not only did I find my respirator full of water for some strange reason and hidden from me.. one of my cats just jumped on what I was painting and I had to wash his paws and remove the paint from the cabinet and start over again. YAY!

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Exercising, and after counting calories I have to be eating less than I'm burning every day, but the scale and my waistline haven't budged for weeks.

Don't know what to do about it, tbh. 240 lbs has become a hard wall for me. I don't know how to eat any leaner than a protein breakfast smoothie, turkey sandwiches, and skinless chicken breasts with veggies. I do a lot of walking and carrying at work, if I cut anymore I could start having energy issues. Sigh.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Exercising, and after counting calories I have to be eating less than I'm burning every day, but the scale and my waistline haven't budged for weeks.

Don't know what to do about it, tbh. 240 lbs has become a hard wall for me. I don't know how to eat any leaner than a protein breakfast smoothie, turkey sandwiches, and skinless chicken breasts with veggies. I do a lot of walking and carrying at work, if I cut anymore I could start having energy issues. Sigh.
Are you doing high intensity interval training? That burns more calories than anything else.

My sister swears by the whole grapefruit/greentea diet that helped boost her metabolism to lose weight after she had kids, it worked for her. I have the opposite problem since I am always doing like 10 things at once, I can't keep weight on. Walking doesn't really burn that many calories, but it can if you do HIIT training in between. HIIT training lets you still burn calories while doing other things as well.

"The benefits of HIIT are far reaching and long lasting when compared to other cardio workouts. Not only do you burn more calories during HIIT workouts but your body will continue burning fat and calories for up to 24 hours after. So while you are sitting on the couch watching your favorite reality tv show your body will still be in fat burning overdrive! Research shows you can burn 9 times more fat with HIIT. HIIT has a direct impact on your resting metabolic rate (RMR), which is a measurement of how many calories your body burns when you are resting. In other words, HIIT significantly increases your metabolism. When you perform cardio at such an intense level your body will spend the rest of the day expending energy to recover from the butt-kicking you gave it. This is referred to as EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) and it means that you consume a great deal more oxygen recovering from that exercise bout than you would have if you'd just done a steady-state workout."

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Different things work for different people, I'm sure, but I found that simply not eating anything after dinner (17:00-18:00) made me lose weight quite easily. No exercise or anything, just no snacking.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I have no idea why it wouldn't let me post the link there. More forum weirdness.
I'm aware of HIIT. Not really set up for it. I'm not going to a gym in these times and I have a small living space where I can't fit workout equipment. All I'm left with is running, which I refuse to do as exercise until I lose weight cuz fatty going for a run is hell on fatty's knees.

I walk around 4 miles a day through work during the week, and I'm up to 2 strength workouts per week. They're around 22 minutes long with 2 sets, I'm working up to 3 sets for a 30+ minute workout.

My workplace is trying to bring in some equipment for the workplace, including a couple of rowing machines. Not sure when that will happen, due to this year it took them like 4 months just to have a refrigerator shipped to them. But I've done HIIT on rowing machines in the past, so I'm planning to layer it in whenever those come in.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Different things work for different people, I'm sure, but I found that simply not eating anything after dinner (17:00-18:00) made me lose weight quite easily. No exercise or anything, just no snacking.
I have a pretty strict eating schedule for the day:

5:30ish: protein breakfast smoothie
9:00-10:30ish: 2 oz salted nut snack
11:30ish-2:00ish: 2 turkey sandwiches (small, thin, whole grain bread slices and a quarter pound of turkey each, no cheese), and an apple

Dinner is variable and to be honest I'm eating takehome dinners from the grocery store because I haven't been able to meal prep for the last couple of weeks, but I choose things around 500-700 calories that have a higher portion of calories from protein.

I do not snack or eat otherwise, and other from the breakfast smoothie I only deink water.

I should be consuming around 2200 calories a day. Which is under the 2300 I should be burning from staying alive, and certainly under the estimated 2700-2900 I should be burning from an active lifestyle.

I'm certainly feeling better, but I'm not seeing results. Don't really know what to do about it.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I'm aware of HIIT. Not really set up for it. I'm not going to a gym in these times and I have a small living space where I can't fit workout equipment. All I'm left with is running, which I refuse to do as exercise until I lose weight cuz fatty going for a run is hell on fatty's knees.

I walk around 4 miles a day through work during the week, and I'm up to 2 strength workouts per week. They're around 22 minutes long with 2 sets, I'm working up to 3 sets for a 30+ minute workout.

My workplace is trying to bring in some equipment for the workplace, including a couple of rowing machines. Not sure when that will happen, due to this year it took them like 4 months just to have a refrigerator shipped to them. But I've done HIIT on rowing machines in the past, so I'm planning to layer it in whenever those come in.
I understand not wanting to run and still needing to be easy on your joints. To boost your metabolism though it is all about cardio and getting your heartrate up. Weights and walking won't do that. You can do HIIT training in a small space, there are plenty of options. You can look on You tube for a wide variety of options and mix it up for what works for you. You can avoid exercises that are hard on the joints until you get some of the weight down to keep from hurting yourself and always remember to stretch before hand. The most important thing in the beginning is getting that heartrate up.

There really is a huge variety of options there for HIIT so don't be quick to dismiss it, just put together something that works for you and skip the ones that don't.

Last edited: