Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There's already two idiots on YT posting a video grift and calling Alan Wake II, "Alan Woke" (how original, you fuck nuts) and a Boring Walking Simulator (even though most of the walking segments can be skipped). I didn't even go out of my way to find them. Their dumb ass opinions are meaningless, because the game is already doing well, and both of these guys are smaller YouTube Channels I never heard of until now. It's less of complaint, and more of a saw thing coming at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
You wouldn't happen to be from VMware, would you? My girlfriend is going through the same thing. It's been hell for her for a month now waiting to see if the axe will fall, and it was supposed to be announced today. Hope you get another opportunity soon.
Nope, not VMware. It sucks that your girlfriend has been going through that.

Shit dude, sorry to hear that, hope the severance package sees you through to a new job and it's better than the old one.
Unfortunately my current job has been something of a dream job, which makes it all the harder. I like where I work, I really like the people I work with, the money and benefits are really good, there's a lot of perks to the job, and I've overall been treated well. This job allowed me to buy a house in an expensive part of Southern California on a single income. It's a big fairly well known company, so having that on my resume will probably allow me to find something comparable, but anywhere else I land I'll end up comparing it to where I currently am and I'm not sure that the comparison will hold up favorably.

The fear isn't so much that I won't find something new, it's that career wise I've peaked and I won't be as happy in another position ever again. Fuck man, I'm only in my early 30s.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There was a fair bit of walking in the first game; did they conveniently forget that?
I didn't bother to touch either video, but more than yes, or they're fake fans. I'll admit that one I did touch briefly, but his voice is too obnoxious (to the point of loving the sound of it) in getting pass the first 4 minutes.

Last edited:

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
There's already two idiots on YT posting a video grift and calling Alan Wake II, "Alan Woke" (how original, you fuck nuts) and a Boring Walking Simulator (even though most of the walking segments can be skipped). I didn't even go out of my way to find them. The dumb ass opinions are meaningless, because the game is already doing well, and both of these guys are smaller YouTube Channels I never heard of until now. It's less of complaint, and more of a saw thing coming at some point.
Its weird to think you used to see all those b movies in the 80-90 where theres some TV or commentator personality thats so outrageous and annoying that we all thought it was too cartoonish to actually work, but it's like now there's a measurable amount of jobs out there that are literally just outrage for clicks.

Reddit has a a few great stupidfood type subreddits that are just people fucking up food incidentally either making masterpieces or hilarity, but even that is now been invaded by tiktokers who intentionally make bad/dumb food for ragebait.

It's just inescapable, no matter where you go or what you like theres people out there just trying to create noise for clicks, and then white knights who go after them for clicks, and then documentarians who then make videos about it for clicks.

I can't wait for the end of the world, just me and my books

giphy (31).gif

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Its weird to think you used to see all those b movies in the 80-90 where theres some TV or commentator personality thats so outrageous and annoying that we all thought it was too cartoonish to actually work, but it's like now there's a measurable amount of jobs out there that are literally just outrage for clicks.

Reddit has a a few great stupidfood type subreddits that are just people fucking up food incidentally either making masterpieces or hilarity, but even that is now been invaded by tiktokers who intentionally make bad/dumb food for ragebait.

It's just inescapable, no matter where you go or what you like theres people out there just trying to create noise for clicks, and then white knights who go after them for clicks, and then documentarians who then make videos about it for clicks.

View attachment 9974
Which is why it's best just to ignore that I'm not giving any attention. Though if people start doing something that's actually hazardous and hurt others, then it's really important to call it out for what it is, and prevent it from happening or making things worse.

I hope you don't need reading glasses in this apocalypse scenario.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The problem with all media that is that, eventually, it just gives us what we want.

Don't drop your glasses!

(honestly you'd think those Coke-bottle lenses could've survived a drop off Sears Tower)

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The problem with all media that is that, eventually, it just gives us what we want.
I didn't ask for these assholes. All I want is something that at least decent or good, and then move on. Not bitches-in-box-stands. Not a bunch of know-nothing-know-it-alls. And certainly not racists and sexist buttfucks, nor those trying cozy up to them for a quick buck.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't see myself sticking with One-Punch Man. I haven't in years after the second season, and I have no interests in the manga, nor original web comic. I still have the first season and enjoy it, but this what I was talking about when people recommend it to me back on V1. I knew that the show would face overly high expectations for its second season, or that I would lose interests at some point, when it failed to deliver. The fact that there are so many more interesting shows out for a long while and now, means I am not making time for it.

Reactions: Zykon TheLich

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Showing a shop assistant a photo of the sewing pattern I was trying to find and accidentally showed her a photo of my nipple, so that's me going on a fucking register.
That's either bad sitcom or bad excuse stuff. Oopsie.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I guess this could go on the other thread, but I have been thinking about how this forum is the only forum I've been on for the last 8 years and how forums in general seem to be a thing of the past.

Yeah, it just does not make sense to have forums. There is virtually no upside for a website to host a forum, unless they want to cram it full of ads. And even then, they need to spend on moderators, anti-spam systems, etc etc. Just having a subreddit or discord server must be significantly easier and cheaper. To have a forum would be solely for the benefit of forum-goers.

And although I see why forums don't make sense anymore, it really fucking sucks. I hate reddit and facebook, and I can't see how discord could be a suitable replacement for a forum. I guess I'll eventually adapt to reddit or discord or whatever pops up next, but I will do so kicking and screaming.

Reactions: Zykon TheLich

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I guess this could go on the other thread, but I have been thinking about how this forum is the only forum I've been on for the last 8 years and how forums in general seem to be a thing of the past.

Yeah, it just does not make sense to have forums. There is virtually no upside for a website to host a forum, unless they want to cram it full of ads. And even then, they need to spend on moderators, anti-spam systems, etc etc. Just having a subreddit or discord server must be significantly easier and cheaper. To have a forum would be solely for the benefit of forum-goers.

And although I see why forums don't make sense anymore, it really fucking sucks. I hate reddit and facebook, and I can't see how discord could be a suitable replacement for a forum. I guess I'll eventually adapt to reddit or discord or whatever pops up next, but I will do so kicking and screaming.
You can try the Space Battles forums. I haven't signed up there, but it's still really active and a majority of users seem to get along just fine. I never doing reddit, because the moderation and a lot of the people there suck. I know there's good people there, but it's not worth it.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
My boss is an idiot. A week ago there was a spill of corn syrup that leaked into the shop on another shift. Well the mechanic on that shift just dumped floor dry on it and left it... for a week. Eventually I couldn't stand it and soaked it in water, scraped up the floor dry, and mopped it up properly. I left a note in the log book just speaking in general saying not to just dump floor dry and leave it ending with "use a mop and bucket, they aren't that complicated, trust me." Well today *I* got in trouble for that slightly insulting last line. Oh, and I forgot to mention this big sticky mess was directly outside of his office! I went above and beyond on my own initiative, and cleaned up a mess that happened on someone else's shift that they left in front of his office and he gives me heck. Unbelievable. That's the last time I ever do anything like that, even though it'll bug the heck out of me to look at it every day.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
My boss is an idiot. A week ago there was a spill of corn syrup that leaked into the shop on another shift. Well the mechanic on that shift just dumped floor dry on it and left it... for a week. Eventually I couldn't stand it and soaked it in water, scraped up the floor dry, and mopped it up properly. I left a note in the log book just speaking in general saying not to just dump floor dry and leave it ending with "use a mop and bucket, they aren't that complicated, trust me." Well today *I* got in trouble for that slightly insulting last line. Oh, and I forgot to mention this big sticky mess was directly outside of his office! I went above and beyond on my own initiative, and cleaned up a mess that happened on someone else's shift that they left in front of his office and he gives me heck. Unbelievable. That's the last time I ever do anything like that, even though it'll bug the heck out of me to look at it every day.
"I don't understand why 'quiet quitting' is a thing." - out-of-touch people