Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I actually canceled my amazon prime in protest. I'm not paying extra to remove ads from a service I already pay for. Honestly the majority of stuff I actually want to watch they make you rent anyway. Every time they wanted me to pay for something I should already have access to I just go download it elsewhere and add it to the collection. Prime shipping also sucks now, and they are mostly just an alibaba reseller anyway.

View attachment 11535
I never pay for Amazon Prime. I rarely use amazon and on the occasions that I do they tend to give me a free trial of prime for a month which lets me watch the couple of things that I actually care about on their service (Invincible, The Boys, The Grand Tour) all of which can easily be watched in about 2 weeks.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
How the fuck does Amazon keep sending me the European version of Gungrave GORE. Second fucking time. I am getting my money back pronto, because I already explained why returned it the first time around.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
There's an EDM festival a couple miles from my home. Gonna be a quiet couple nights.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Today I learned that my new job can make me stay in the office as long as it wants. I was not told this during the interview process. Now there's the possibility that I might end up having a 13-hour work day or longer at any day of the week with absolutely zero forewarning.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Today I learned that my new job can make me stay in the office as long as it wants. I was not told this during the interview process. Now there's the possibility that I might end up having a 13-hour work day or longer at any day of the week with absolutely zero forewarning.
Yeesh, if you're not a cop, firefighter, doctor, or any sort of first responder or something, that sounds unreasonable.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Wtf, why am I suddenly getting spam mails to buy Trump merch?

Eh, not american. So keep that pollution to your own people. Ktnxbye.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Looks like our company has not been performing well, and one of the strategies that our leadership wants to employ is... return to the office. Sigh.

Guess remote work is well and truly dead. It was one of the aspects of the job that made me decide to go for it over higher paying opportunities but now that it's on the way out, looks like I'll need to get into job hunting mode. Which I am not all excited about.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Looks like our company has not been performing well, and one of the strategies that our leadership wants to employ is... return to the office. Sigh.

Guess remote work is well and truly dead. It was one of the aspects of the job that made me decide to go for it over higher paying opportunities but now that it's on the way out, looks like I'll need to get into job hunting mode. Which I am not all excited about.
Yeah, my job started having me come into the office two days a week a couple of months ago for no reason other than my boss' boss' boss is an old school bastard who just wants people in the office. Not for meetings, not because any of my duties require I be there, literally and arbitrarily "just because." What really grinds my gears is that the guy who made the call to have us come in travels a lot and is rarely in the office himself, so on Mondays and Wednesdays, I find myself in the office, glaring at his empty chair and wondering why I'm putting the miles on my car and burning up the gas for an asshole who isn't even there to gloat and appreciate he's making me do it.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Yeah, my job started having me come into the office two days a week a couple of months ago for no reason other than my boss' boss' boss is an old school bastard who just wants people in the office. Not for meetings, not because any of my duties require I be there, literally and arbitrarily "just because." What really grinds my gears is that the guy who made the call to have us come in travels a lot and is rarely in the office himself, so on Mondays and Wednesdays, I find myself in the office, glaring at his empty chair and wondering why I'm putting the miles on my car and burning up the gas for an asshole who isn't even there to gloat and appreciate he's making me do it.
That's an all too familiar tale these days. Our company is smaller, and our CEO younger, so I thought maybe things would be different. But I guess that's what being at the top does to you.

I'm not even particularly against working at the office, but going to the office is neither cheap nor easy. Remote just made so much sense.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Spent a couple hours making a profile on OkCupid, because it seemed like the profiles were more in depth and it'd be easier to tell if someone was a good match for me. After all that it showed me two women and then said that was it and to widen my preferences or check back later. Two. In my entire city. I deleted my account. Fantastic use of time. Hinge seems to be the only option. If only every woman didn't have a dog.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Looks like Quora is using AI now to answer questions. Which seems like a really bad idea in the long term.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Spent a couple hours making a profile on OkCupid, because it seemed like the profiles were more in depth and it'd be easier to tell if someone was a good match for me. After all that it showed me two women and then said that was it and to widen my preferences or check back later. Two. In my entire city. I deleted my account. Fantastic use of time. Hinge seems to be the only option. If only every woman didn't have a dog.
Two whole REAL woman? More than expected. Thought about online dating, but never tried (convinced myself with statistics that it is wasted time for someone like me). You know what they say: If shit has bad chances, better to never try. Never try anything - something COULD be not optimal.

My complains for the month: Eh, i have been putting off doing anything for over a year now. It starts crashing down. So far: LOADS of open tickets and incomplete projects at work; Two years without hot water in my apartment and a hole in the roof; Stress keeps building up; Couldn't even get myself to prepare for my hobbies anymore the last few months; Also apparently i have parked wrong again (Just 10€ penalty... but this time i didn't even know about it - can't remember having parked outside the zone the last weeks.)

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Two whole REAL woman? More than expected. Thought about online dating, but never tried (convinced myself with statistics that it is wasted time for someone like me). You know what they say: If shit has bad chances, better to never try. Never try anything - something COULD be not optimal.
I can't vouch for whether or not they were real. Two account purporting to be women from my city I should have said.

I've only just started online dating (as in, I've made accounts, not that I've had any dates) after years of consideration. As I don't really leave the house much outside of work there is next to no chance of meeting someone IRL. After a couple of weeks I can't say I have high hopes. Hinge showed me around 50 accounts before running out, 97% I have no interest in.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, after a fourth straight day of overtime (only a 9 1/2 hour day today, instead of the 10 to 11-hour days from last week) I've been told that this situation will not get any better and I will probably end up leaving the office extremely late every day for the foreseeable future.

I haven't even been there a month and I'm already on the verge of quitting. I wish there was someone I could lodge a complaint with about this, because I was specifically told during the interview process that overtime would be "occasional". Every day is not occasional.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Well, after a fourth straight day of overtime (only a 9 1/2 hour day today, instead of the 10 to 11-hour days from last week) I've been told that this situation will not get any better and I will probably end up leaving the office extremely late every day for the foreseeable future.

I haven't even been there a month and I'm already on the verge of quitting. I wish there was someone I could lodge a complaint with about this, because I was specifically told during the interview process that overtime would be "occasional". Every day is not occasional.
Yeah, I've only ran across one job where overtime was "occasional." That was a county maintenance job in winter where we upped into 12 hour shifts for snow removal. That probably counted as "occasional." Otherwise; that description has always meant either "expect 10 hour days 5 days a week," or "trying to put any overtime on your time card will be met with immediate dismissal."

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I got into an accident this morning. I was rear ended and side swiped by the same car. I am fine, and surprisingly the car is not wrecked. Thank god I have auto insurance. The person who rear ended me and is fine too.