Choose one video game character as an almost-eternal companion.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Consider this:
You get transported to about 3000BC. As far as ageing goes, you can't die and are hellishly difficult to kill with any normal means, though not impossible. You do not get hungry or thirsty, though you can still enjoy drinking and eating. You also have the means to protect yourself eg awesome ninja skills, and can speak in tongues.
As far as you know, you simply have to observe the human race as it grows from the very first cities in Mesopotamia up to however far into the future you can bear.
You can pick one character to be your companion on this epic journey.
Who do you pick?

I would probably pick Bastila from KotOR, simply because I think she's a brilliant character, has enough character flaws stay interesting, and is female.

Captcha - Always There - How does it do that?

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Probably Solid Snake...because DAT ASS. Also he's probably one of my favorite characters ever...still. :3

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
The Shipmaster from the Halo: Evolutions books and The Return animation from Halo Waypoint. His guilt over the destruction of human worlds would make things interesting.

anANGRYkangaroo

May 15, 2011
Miranda Lawson
I know, everyone seems to hate her, but she is exactly the kind of person I look for. Not the genetically engineered to be perfect part, but the intelligence, slight sense of humor, and gradual romance are awesome

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
Pick somebody! Who would get in my way! No I think I would just set myself up as a god.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I'm deciding between an eternal love interest, or an eternal friend...

... I'll go with friend for this case, because I honestly can't think of any character I could fall in love with.

So probably Alistair, from Dragon Age: Origins. Or maybe Frog from Chrono Trigger.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Yoshi.
I would ride him into battle against my enemies, and in return I would devote an entire island to the propagation of his kind.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Cooking Mama. I'll never go hungry again!

EDIT: Oh, or Lara Croft, because, as an archaeologist I'm sure she would love to see the birth and growth of civilisation, going to Ancient Egypt, seeing the seven wonders of the world. exploring the tombs and cities while they were still being built and used. It would be intellectually stimulating for her... and uh, stimulating for me too, in a different way... well it is Lara Croft!

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Two choices both from Persona 4, the Protaganist he'd help with all my personal problems, get me a new awesome Persona and generally just be some sort of super friend.

Or Naoto from Persona 4... Super intelligent and just way too cute. Perfect. Combo

Can i haz both?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Probably Alyx from Half Life

Intelligent, Can handle a gun, possible romance, humorous, independent...everything you would need :D

Either that or Agent 47. Although that may be cos I've been playing Blood Money a lot again recently :p

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Link, of course. I could never deal with listening to someone constantly for thousands of years.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Amaterasu, why? because if I'm going back to the "beggining" more of less, why not have a god with magical powers by my side, and one so adorable too!!! always wanted a doggie!

fibchopkin

Feb 22, 2011
Dog- either the one from DAO or Missile from Ghost Trick. I'm pretty sure any person would be completely annoying after several centuries, but a dog who could rip faces off and bring me stuff, or, in Missile's case, do awesome ghost stuff... well, that'd be priceless.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
I'd love to have Link with me. Silent, cute, good with a sword, AND musically inclined! What more could a girl ask for?