Circumcision: a Pillar of American ignorance

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Rodrigo Girao said:
Kyoufuu said:
So you cut out his quite valid argument? You're effectively going 'LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA'?
What argument? The old "it's less of a nuisance if done to a kid" crap - which ignores that it is extremely rare for a circumcision to be necessary.
yeah but when its needed the amount of pain involed in just finding out that it is needed is horrible and if it isnt done in time you can lose you penis and have to pee out a tube. so please do your research before you try to push your opinoins on someone else.:)

kingpocky

Jan 21, 2009
FelixG said:
I feel rather sorry for you that your life is so dull, or that you are so perverted, that you have nothing better to think about or do than posting about children's penises on a gaming forum...
What else can you do when you feel that someone is WRONG on the INTERNET?

Jul 9, 2008
yman15 said:
I'm a bit confused I'm circumcised but it doesn't matter much to me. Its not like I can remember them doing it to me or anything. Really idk why people get so passionate over this topic. Its not like it will make or break your life and besides whats done is done. Maybe I'm just missing the point (shrugs).
I'm circumcised and I feel the same way, It's really not a big deal to me.

I mean, my girlfriend said she'd prefer circumcised to not (and she is not from America, before that comes up), so that's a very personal +1 from me.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
yman15 said:
I'm a bit confused I'm circumcised but it doesn't matter much to me. Its not like I can remember them doing it to me or anything. Really idk why people get so passionate over this topic. Its not like it will make or break your life and besides whats done is done. Maybe I'm just missing the point (shrugs).
I'm circumcised and I feel the same way, It's really not a big deal to me.

I mean, my girlfriend said she'd prefer circumcised to not (and she is not from America, before that comes up), so that's a very personal +1 from me.
Hmmm...my fiancee actually said that she prefers circumcised as well. (And before anyone says 'It's just to make you feel better', she didn't find out that I was till later. *cough*)

Anyway, I think we should get some female opinion in this thread.

kingpocky

Jan 21, 2009
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2007.07369.x/pdf

A larger study, with a sample size an order of magnitude larger than the earlier one posted. It pretty much concludes that there is no significant difference in any aspect of sex, at least once you've had time to heal

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
I don't see the reason why debates like these start up.

Can you still function as a male?
Yes.
Can you still relieve yourself when you need to?
Yes.

Who the fuck cares weather or not your manly-bits have are still un-altered? As long as you can still impregnate some girl and piss, it shouldn't be an issue.

Kanova

Oct 26, 2011
Oh look it is this thread again. Really, I don't see any problem with it, if it changed who you are or how you acted or if you needed it or anything that made it bad, then maybe. But there is really no ill-effects.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Rednog said:
The proof is that the foreskin has a good chunk of nerves and is the most sensitive and thus pleasurable parts of the penis.
Simple as that.
Seriously man you asked twice for the proof, its like a 5 second google search for the answer.
Have you read the Wikipedia page, checked their sources, or medical journals? The medical jury's out. Has been for years, hell several surveys say that circumcision increases pleasure. Literally took 15 seconds of google for the wiki. Here's the link specifically for sexual effects of circumcision and the list of findings for the past decade+ . Take a look, educate yourself, then get back to me when you see neither side can claim that it does or doesn't impede sexual performance. Before you go at someone for not checking sources, make sure to post some.

For everyone else, can we let this die already? This is the 4th thread on the topic, according to a quick searchbar check. It's going to get a "katana" ban if this keeps up and while a single thread of pointless bickering is fine, I'll grant the civil liberties part is fine but that's always far behind penis performance, we really don't need four threads of "their penis looks and works differently" because it really doesn't (see above.) If you want to make it about personal liberties and parenting, feel free; but you can do so much more with it if you expand beyond just circumcisions.

And OP: Since you're new I point you to the searchbar in the top right, thread-necro's better than making threads that already exist and this should be on the Political and Religion forum, in my opinion, more than OT.

Mar 28, 2011
Smagmuck_ said:
I don't see the reason why debates like these start up.

Can you still function as a male?
Yes.
Can you still relieve yourself when you need to?
Yes.

Who the fuck cares weather or not your manly-bits have are still un-altered? As long as you can still impregnate some girl and piss, it shouldn't be an issue.
As i mentioned in an above post; i was recently circucised after 25 years of having foreskin, and let me tell you, pissing without it definitely takes some getting used to. I was missing the bloody bowl for weeks...

Rodrigo Girao

May 13, 2011
Let's see some millennia of knowledge:

http://www.circumstitions.com/Pleasure.html

What is clear is this: opponents of circumcision attacked it for reducing carnal pleasures, advocates of circumcision supported it for the same reason.

Mugen

Dec 14, 2011
Rodrigo Girao said:
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
You know, I lived with a couple of Jewish guys for a while, and they said that circumcision never bothered them, never affected their 'sensitivity' during sex
How would they know better?

j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
and they were quite glad they never had to deal with smegma/knob cheese/whatever you like to call it.
It's called a goddamn shower.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Anyone who, for whatever reason, has had to make do without a shower for a week will testify that an unwashed, uncircumcised penis is about the most revolting thing in the world.
After a week without a shower, your armpit will certainly stink. Let's cut off your arm to prevent that.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
And there's a very good reason parents prefer to have their children snipped at childhood rather than choosing it when they're adults.
Fear that their sons will choose not to be like them.

i approve of your answers.

circumcision, in my opinion, is barbaric. my father was circumcised, and thank god he cared enough to not make an irreversible decision for me on the basis of religious ''tradition''.

Jul 9, 2008
Rodrigo Girao said:
kingpocky said:
Is there any reliable proof that uncircumcised men actually get any more pleasure from sex than circumcised men?
There is pretty solid evidence [http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/118508378/PDFSTART].
Read your own link. 74% said no change between sex before and after circumcision. Way more men said masturbation was less pleasurable, but as far as sex goes, although more said it was less pleasurable than more, the difference was not statistically significant. Even then, of those who said less pleasurable, many said it was because of scars which are not as likely to be obtained if circumcised at birth as opposed to later.

I also direct your attention to the other link [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_effects_of_circumcision] that was put forward in this thread.

I am not trying to say that circumcision is the best thing ever, but I am trying to point out that this whole issue is so overblown.

Jul 9, 2008
Rodrigo Girao said:

What is clear is this: opponents of circumcision attacked it for reducing carnal pleasures, advocates of circumcision supported it for the same reason.
"circumstitions.com"

That is certainly an objective source.

JoshTheater

LRR Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2009
I'm not circumcised and it's caused me quite few problems that I won't go into detail about here.

If I ever have a son, I'm going to have them circumcised. They'll just have to deal with the less pleasure.

kingpocky

Jan 21, 2009
Rodrigo Girao said:

Historically, people thought it reduced carnal pleasures. Modern scientific studies say we can't be completely sure whether it affects pleasure one way or the other. Why should it matter one way or the other why something was advocated historically?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
I am circumicised, and I am happy. A uncircumcisied one I saw (google search...) made me want to throw up. It looks disgusting, no offesne!

pumuckl

Feb 20, 2010
First of all, when you call a country ignorant, yes, you are being a troll. My fathers an educated man, and am quite glad he circumcised me, since it looks better imo and many girls here in america. In fact uncircumcised penis's can be seen asrevoltn or even a little frightening here from what I have heard. Soo some people don't want a sock puppet between there legs, the real question is why r u so concerned about other. Mens penis's?

Varitel

Jan 22, 2011
I wouldn't attribute it to ignorance really. In the US, circumcision is so common that it's almost expected, and people just continue to do it because it's so common. It's a habit that feeds itself. It isn't because we're uninformed, it's just a bizarre little quirk. I see your point that it isn't entirely necessary, but it's not really going to change any time soon.

One more thing: I implore you not to use such inflammatory language in the thread title. It raises the chance that someone will start a flame war. You don't want to have digital forum blood on your hands.