Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Lil_Rimmy said:
Barbas said:
Holy shit. That's no ordinary city simulator. That's...a good Sim City.
Angels sang out... In immaculate chorus...
Down from the heavens... Descended Chuck Norris...
Who delivered a message... Which could splatter brain...
I've found it... A Good Sim City...
"Chuck Norris" should be replaced by "Colossal Order".

On topic: Woah! It was that good?

I mean I have been watching the pre release streams, and it sure looked good, but still: the highest score possible? Impressive.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
looks good

one of the maxis studios was closed down recently, but with games like this i think this video is appropiate

lassiie

May 26, 2013
AuldMan said:
Barbas said:
Holy shit. That's no ordinary city simulator. That's...a good Sim City.
Yea. I'm looking forward to this one, but I think that I am going to hold off until the first patch or two and see how it holds up before I shell out for it. Looks great so far though, doesn't it!
I bought it today and have put about 5 hours into it, and most of that was just kinda fucking around as I learned how everything works again since i haven't played a city builder since simcity 2000. For $30 you are getting a game with hundreds of hours of content as you try to optimize your city (if you are into that sort of thing). It is half the price of most AAA games these days and will most likely last longer then all of them. I saw the review on here, as well as Lazy Game Reviews and wanted it, and the $30 price tag pushed me over the edge.

I haven't encountered a single issue in the game (relatively small amount of time, but still impressive compared to some of the other games that have been released recently) and since it is already the price of AAA games a year after launch, I would encourage you to get it if you like this game.

Not to mention the Modding community will be ginormous in this game, and I am extremely excited about that.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Paradox are starting to show they deserve to be up there with the big boys. Their close ties to Obsidian and inExile also show them to be willing to cooperate rather than compete in the industry.

While I'm not a city builder fan I'm happy to see Paradox knocking this out of the park. Here's hoping they can start working on Victoria III.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I still prefer SimCity 4 but with the amount of mods already available I can see this game become the new standard.

AuldMan

Feb 25, 2015
Nimcha said:
I still prefer SimCity 4 but with the amount of mods already available I can see this game become the new standard.
Any suggestions on mods to look into? I'm probably going to buy this game next week.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
I honestly didn't know if Paradox could do it, but, after putting several hours into it last night when I only intended to put one hour of game play in. I have to say, I really really like it.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Is it worthwhile to pick up the deluxe edition, or is the difference between it and the standard edition too small for one to be bothered?

geier

Oct 15, 2010
Does the game require a constant internet connection and where are the savegames saved (local or cloud)?
I live on the country and have very limited internet access.

AuldMan

Feb 25, 2015
geier said:
Does the game require a constant internet connection and where are the savegames saved (local or cloud)?
I live on the country and have very limited internet access.
The game works offline. There is a check box if you wish to save to your steam cloud or locally.