Civ V Finally Getting Polynesian

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
Kamehameha? So, you'll be in the middle of building your civilization when all the sudden...

NEXT TIME, on Civilization 5!

Shoelip

Jul 17, 2008
Well since we're turning entire diverse regions of the world into single nations... New DLC for Civ V "Europe". Play as the Europe civilization. Conquer the seas as Queen Elizabeth with your superior navy and imposing Gothic cathedrals and polish sausages.

littlewisp

Mar 25, 2010
My parents were both from Hawaii, and my dad's mom is Hawaiian, so I've always been very interested in the history of Hawaii's royalty. Though it is pretty misleading to squash so much under Kamehameha, it's still a nice gesture.

Also, when I first watched DBZ my reaction was "OH MY GOD WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE KING'S NAME!?!?!"

Shoelip

Jul 17, 2008
It's not exactly a rip off. Of the king's name. He wanted something that had Kame in the name because that means turtle and Roshi is the turtle hermit.

According to this at least; http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Kamehameha

He got the idea from his wife, who said it'd be especially easy to remember because it was also the name of the first king of Hawaii.

"After much contemplation, Toriyama could not decide on a name for his "Kame" attack, so he asked his wife. His wife came up with the name and the stances used during the attack. She also told Akira that it would be easy to remember the name of the attack if he used the name of the famous Hawaiian King named Kamehameha. Akira agreed, and the Kamehameha was born. "