Civilization Coming to Facebook

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Amnestic said:
Abedeus said:
Why would I waste my time on a "social website" (rutfl) playing a game when I can just play it outside of the site?
Because that cute girl/guy you have a crush on doesn't own the actual civilisation, and playing against/with them gives you something to do together while you're sat at home?
Why would I want to have a crush on a girl that spends her days watching a "social website" and playing dated strategy games while waiting for a PM or whatever you get on facebook?

I have a bit higher expectations. No offense intended.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
2012 Wont Happen said:
A Pious Cultist said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
two words:

bad ass
Make that three:
Evony is fucked.
or 5:

what the fuck is evony?

seriously though, everyone keeps talking about it
Evony is a Civ rip off 'Clone' with an...interesting marketing campaign. I'm surprised you havent' seen them around actually.

Abedeus said:
Amnestic said:
Abedeus said:
Why would I waste my time on a "social website" (rutfl) playing a game when I can just play it outside of the site?
Because that cute girl/guy you have a crush on doesn't own the actual civilisation, and playing against/with them gives you something to do together while you're sat at home?
Why would I want to have a crush on a girl that spends her days watching a "social website" and playing dated strategy games while waiting for a PM or whatever you get on facebook?

I have a bit higher expectations. No offense intended.
Hey, I've visited Facebook once in the past 4 months. I was merely offering one possibility was to why someone - perhaps you - would want to play Civilisation on Facebook rather than the actual game.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Yep. It's the end of everything. Sigh...been nice knowing you, folks. I will undoubtedly be losing my job soon due to Civ addiction.

you could always find a way to transform this into part of your job. tho i do sympathize, the civ series have been one of my fav games

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Amnestic said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
A Pious Cultist said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
two words:

bad ass
Make that three:
Evony is fucked.
or 5:

what the fuck is evony?

seriously though, everyone keeps talking about it
Evony is a Civ rip off 'Clone' with an...interesting marketing campaign. I'm surprised you havent' seen them around actually.

Oh, I've seen their adds. Their pretty boob intensive. I just didn't know what the game behind the boobs was at all

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Yep. It's the end of everything. Sigh...been nice knowing you, folks. I will undoubtedly be losing my job soon due to Civ addiction.
Review the facebook application. That'll save you one week.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Thats insane!! i know how powerfull facebook is but i still dont like it. Its exactly a god damn time sink and one giant quiz for everybody to take -_-`
Do ppl actualy socialize on FB?
Now with Civilization coming the % wasted time will increase even more. . .tho how come its free? Where is the catch? Or they wanna ruin ppl`s lifes for free cuz it gives them joy? :O

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Hoooooly shiiiiit! This will be such a time-killer for me, no doubt about it. I miss this game so freaking much; this is just incredible news for me. I cannot wait to play it.

(I'm sure you can tell by now that I'm a Civ fanboy).

Mr. Samson

Sep 23, 2009
What is this sound in the distance? The end of thousands of careers and the failing of countless exams, you say?

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
Mr. Samson said:
What is this sound in the distance? The end of thousands of careers and the failing of countless exams, you say?
Well im pretty sure the addition of 2 of the worlds most addictive substances together will probably cause such a thing, remember that for every one else, there is still WoW, so rather than creating a new problem, it is merely exacerbating the current one

that said I haven't played a civilization game since call to power (with the exception of freeciv whilst i was Di**ing around with different linux OSes) and I am interested to see how the genre has progressed, I gave revolution a pass on my 360, for shame i know, but I would welcome a return to the system as the memories are quite enjoyable, and now nostalgia is hurting my halo-addled brain!

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
Excellent now I can easily show my friends the glory of civ.

and to all you addicts, google civanon, they can help you.

Evony will burn!

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Whats this about? Something to do with books made out of faces or something, I don't know. I hope that they are also working on some video games.