Civilization Coming to Facebook

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Why oh why can't you just make a new goddamn Civ game for my PC Sid Meider, why?

It's cool though I gues. *sigh*

Mentalist

Sep 15, 2009
I'm a bit irritated casual gamers (like my friends) are going to get this. They may or may not play it. Then they may start telling me about it, and I will sigh loudly and roll my eyes at their... casual-ness.

Thank heavens my dad doesn't play games on his Facebook. It would be catastrophic.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I liked Civ IV, but I didn't play the Civ games much. I didn't understand which civic was which etc, and my civilisation was wiped out in wartime.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Hardcore_gamer said:
Will this game be a simple clone of Civ 4? If so i think they they are making a mistake since odds are they can still make money from that game and it's add-on packs. Also, where will we get a Civ 5? :)
Maybe they're working on Civ 5 right now. Maybe they are doing this to introduce a large number of people to Civilization, thus boosting their sales when Civ 5 is released. I hope that's true.

I was debating what game I should I play right now. Because of this article, I'm going to go play Civ 4 again. Only this time I'll try not to suck at it.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Ok, I have to admit, thats pretty damned awesome. I haven't played Facebook games as of yet (though I use the site extensively), but with this little gem... I might just have to start.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
err oh my fucking god.

I swore against Facebook apps after a minor dabble, A Poker game I played was tolerable.

This is going to swerve me into the realms of Facebook games, hopefully it will be crap so I don't have to be logged into Facebook whilst I play the game I'm playing.

Nov 11, 2008
What sid needs to F@#%%ING DO IS MAKE A CIVILIZATION CREATOR! I mean I want to be ablle to customize an entire world and fit it to my liking, I mean you can do that with mods but it really doesn't have a solid Game Editor, Take Warcraft III For Example, That game had one of the best World Editor's of all time (Kayne west voice). Now the main reason I play Civ is to impose my will a pone the people because Life is so shitty and I'd like to dread about "What if I ruled" Syndrome. I hate people And I defiantly don't want my dumb ass friends playing with me, Fucking twits.

Johnmw

Mar 19, 2009
Oh dear non-existent lord (it'e hard to swear as an atheist). Facebook may well ruin my life yet. CIV RULEZ!!! (hides in the corner of geeky shame)

countrysteaksauce

Jul 10, 2008
I'm going to be all up in this humpty-dumpty.

Civ + facebook + playing with friends who won't shell out the cash for the real thing.
This will be great, if it's done right that is.

ExplosionProofTaco

Nov 13, 2008
Facebook is the world's most popular social networking site? what happened to Myspace? Did everyone leave after the Emo Invasion of shitty poetry, music and darkness?

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Chipperz said:
OK, I've been waiting for something like this. Mafia Wars, War Machine, Sreet Racer, Vampire Wars, FarmVille and Bejewelled Blitz were beginning to lose their sheen.

Also, wouldn't a free to play Civilization game crush Evony?
I thought Evony was a game where you bang big breasted women?

That's what the ads got me thinking at least.

I'm excited. A good game on facebook is like a pretty girl without herpes. I keep hearing they exist but I haven't been shown one.

Disaster Button said:
Why oh why can't you just make a new goddamn Civ game for my PC Sid Meider, why?

It's cool though I gues. *sigh*
Man I wish that company had more than one development team. That way they could produce multiple products with equal efficiency. *Coughs* Darn you allergies... *coughs*

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I've been staying away from face book like its got herpes. I do love civ though...

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Wow, one more app I can continuously deny adding as people invite me to it. Just what I always wanted.

Seriously, I can't stand that facebook keeps trying to crowbar more shit in. It feels as unnecessary as half the functions on my cell phone. A social networking site is not an online gaming site, I'm sorry. People keep insisting its a "good time killer", but when? When in the hell is anyone EVER at a computer that is not their own where facebook isn't blocked? And if this is the best thing you have to do at your home, goddamn reassess your standards, man!

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Well this won't end well.

Nova5 said:
When in the hell is anyone EVER at a computer that is not their own where facebook isn't blocked? And if this is the best thing you have to do at your home, goddamn reassess your standards, man!
I am, right now. And for 8 hours a day, five days a week.
Then there's those people who only play free, casual games at home, you forget that not everyone is a 'serious' gamer.

Ankhwatcher

Mar 21, 2008
I'm sold. Man I'd love to play CIV2 with groups of friends. Did you know there is an open source version with multiplayer support?
http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
cool huh?