Classic N64 Games

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
The second someone mentions the N64, I must mention Yoshi's Story. Because it is amazing.

I also second everyone who's mentioned Majora's Mask.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Alright, let's make a list, shall we?

Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora' Mask and/or Ocarina of Time
Banjo-Kazooie
007 GoldenEye
Yoshi's Story
Super Smash Bros.
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Party 1-2-3
Mario Kart 64
F-Zero X

I'm probably forgetting something, but that seems as a fair enough list to start picking from. Personal recommendations go to Majora's Mask, the best game on the platform and the best Zelda game ever, Lylat Wars and Donkey Kong 64.

[sub]Now I want to play my N64 again...[/sub]

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
Well I have 3 games to add to this:

Glover (it was on the 64 before the playstation)
Mystical Ninja (or Goemons Great Adventure if you can't find MN)

And I will abandon all claims I have to sanity, and add

Quest 64.

...Because I loved Quest 64.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
My brother and I used to play WCW vs. nWo: World Tour for hours on end. A friend of mine gave me Goemon's Great Adventure which I loved, but that is the only game in the series that I have ever played

Firoth

Jul 14, 2010
Tank Wars, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium 1/2 (That's right, I admit it!).

Kayar13

Feb 9, 2011
I created an account specifically so I could post in this thread:

You mentioned possibly doing your commentary on "potentially little-known" games? Who here has played Tetrisphere? I remember having a lot of fun playing it. Sure, the game mechanics had very little to do with how Tetris is actually played, but as a 3D puzzle game, it worked well.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
What about Glover? That was a pretty decent game. Or Diddy Kong Racing? Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie... Silicon Valley was pretty awesome.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Mystical Ninja! Oh man how could I forget that one, it had an awesome asian theme with great puzzles and platforming, each ninja having different special abilities, and fighting boss battles as a giant robot movie star XD If you can get a copy definitely review it!

dbmountain

Feb 24, 2010
no word of a lie- WWF: No Mercy
one of the few good wrestling games to date in my opinion

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Well just about anything Rare made for the system was great, though I didn't like Jet Force since scouring every single level with every character, looking in every hidden corner and secret room just to unlock the final level really pissed me off. How the game ended didn't make up for it either, at least not to me. I did greatly enjoy Glover, even if it pissed me off at some points. Super Smash Bros was fun for the time, and I did enjoy Mario Party games (not nearly as much any more though, I thought they just collapsed after 4).

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Turok, that game was really fun and killing dinosaurs with crazy guns were the best part.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Hector Valeria said:
So... nobody played Mischief Makers?
I loved that game but my cartridge broke :(
Also I would add BattleTanx: Global Assault to the list, it was flawed but I think I had more fun in the multi player than I did with Goldeneye

GlorySeeker

Oct 6, 2010
Ogre Battle is tough to find, so someone will want to see it.[/quote]

Ogrebattle is an Epic game. Love it. It does tend to fetch quite a price in used game stores though.