Hector Valeria said:
So... nobody played Mischief Makers?
I loved that game but my cartage broke :(
It just seems like I can't find anybody else who has played the game IRL. >>>>:

Definitely a great game, and it seems to be a game that few have heard of. D:

Karilas

Jan 6, 2010
New Troll said:
The only N64 game I loved was 1080 Snowboarding which is weird cause I haven't liked a snowboarding game since, nor cared for them before that.
1080 was an obscenely hard game. You ever actually pull off a 1080? I never did, but my insane mate Kev did, it was worth it just to hear the voice shout "TEEEEEEEEEN EEIIIIIGHTY!!!"

Perfect Dark is an excellent example of a game that was too ambitious for the system it was launched on. Even with the Expansion pack it was subject to some truly monstrous slowdown. I downloaded the HD re-release on XBLA not so long ago. Surprisingly it's still fun to play.

My personal recommendation to this list would be THQ's grappling games. WCW/nWo World Tour, Revenge, WWF WrestleMania 2000 and WWF No Mercy. No Mercy is still the benchmark by which I measure wrestling games, sure the graphics have improved and more physics and features have come along in recent years, but it still stands to me as the best total package in the wrasslefest market.

Oh, and on the subject of classic Rare titles, Blast Corps was a lot of fun. Although the difficulty of some of the later missions meant I never came close to finishing the bugger.

What else....

How about Super Smash Bros.? Body Harvest [Not a personal fave but a few of my mates gave it some praise] is another one, Space Station Silicone Valley? That was a quirky *****. Anyhoo, enough, there were quite a few real quality titles on the 64. Aaaah, I miss those days *sniff*

dbmountain said:
no word of a lie- WWF: No Mercy
one of the few good wrestling games to date in my opinion
Ah, ninja'd.

amarti23

Oct 21, 2010
well well it appears that youv missed some great classics such as conkers bad fur day, or more commonely known banjo kazooie

USmedik

Jul 8, 2010
Killer Instinct Gold, Clay Fighters 63 1/2, and Conkers Bad Fur Day.

Best 64 games every

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Body Harvest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Harvest

It was a game that a lot of people hated and thought sucked, but I love it. You basically play a time traveler who goes both back in time and to the future to stop alien invasions, it was kind of free roam and you could jump into vehicles and the like. I loved it.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
Space Station Silicon Valley is a good but overlooked one. It's a quirky adventure/platformer with a great sense of humor. You basically went around fighting robot animals, then taking over their bodies once you defeated them. Each animal had different stats and abilities, and you often needed to use said abilities to complete the stage.

Unfortunately it's extremely hard to find a copy nowadays, and it hasn't been released on Virtual Console. Given its obscurity, it probably never will either.
Damn, ninja'd as soon as the name came to mind.

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
Killer Instinct.
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER. (Nobody I've ever seen use that meme know what game it's from.)

KillerRabites

Jan 18, 2010
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only to have played Mystical Ninja. That game was awesome. That's one of the major "rare" ones that I can think of at the moment. Any one ever played tetrisphere? I was addicted to that game.

Anything that was mostly multi player I played and liked. Road Rash 64 was lots of fun.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Mischief Makers
Super Smash Bros.
F-Zero X
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat 4
Mario Kart 64
Turok: Dinasour Hunter
Quake 2
Bomberman 64

Karilas

Jan 6, 2010
Noticing a lot of love for the same few games, thinking now it's actually pretty hard to come up with any more that aren't mentioned here, Fighter's Destiny was a solid beat 'em up, albeit a little slow paced.

Personally I was never too into the groin-high camera and pixel-perfect jumping demands of the Turok games, plus I'd spend hours getting lost on Turok 2. Bad times.

Just had a look through my carts but I've got a pretty limited selection, although I did really enjoy the 64 port of Tony Hawk's, especially the lack of loading times.

Ooooh! Resident Evil 2! That was just a technical breakthrough of epic proportions, how they managed to squeeze the whole game and all the cut-scenes onto a cartridge. Also a fantastic game. Although I suppose you can't count those two as they weren't exactly exclusives, but instead long-overdue ports.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
NpPro93 said:
Hey Escapist, I'm looking to start doing some video commentary (like everyone else on the internet, I know) but I thought I'd do it on some old, potentially little-known N64 games.

What are some games that you enjoyed and think other people would like to watch/hear about?
Perfect Dark

Jet Force Gemini

F-zero X

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Wayneguard said:
Though not little known, every single rare game was amazing. Jet Force Gemini and DK64 are my two favorites (*gasp* not goldeneye)
I want to hug you.

Wondermint13

Oct 2, 2010
Jet Force Gemini!
I dreamed about having that game so much and when I finally did get it I felt the small void in my heart just fill with Joy.

It was Sci-fi action with a Dog that rolled around in -quite literatly- a tank suit.
A blue haired chick with the sexiest skirt I have ever seen.
And a whole lot of ant guts!

Finest game ever!

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong 64
MISCHIEF MAKERS
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Quake 64
Perfect Dark
Glover
Wave Race 64
Banjo Kazooie
F-Zero X

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Karilas said:
1080 was an obscenely hard game. You ever actually pull off a 1080? I never did, but my insane mate Kev did, it was worth it just to hear the voice shout "TEEEEEEEEEN EEIIIIIGHTY!!!"
I spent hours on half pipe mashing buttons and once I got a 1080. I have never pulled one off since.

Erm yeah... on topic, I decided to add Star wars: shadows of the empire to this.