Cleaning out that fridge

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I read the thread title and expected this:I still got a similar queasiness from all your fine pictures.

But yeah, I've combined what I could find before.

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
I'm a sophomore in college who has yet to become tired of the "food" served at the campus cafeteria, so I don't usually have to worry about having nothing in the fridge that's worth eating... Buuuut, I've somehow become unofficial food person of this club I regularly attend, and since I like baking (And have a personal mini-fridge) I occasionally end up with extra ingredients that I have to figure out something for.

One of the best examples I can think of it that I recently made s'mores for the club, but ended up with an extra bag of marshmallows and graham crackers. For the graham crackers, I bought cream cheese and made little cheesecake bites. For the marshmallows? Weeeellll, I happened to have some butter and a box of cinnamon toast crunch on hand, so I whipped up cinnamon toast crunch marshmallow bars. They're actually pretty nice... though they SHOULDN'T be placed right back in the fridge to cool. That was a bad mistake...

giles

Feb 1, 2009
Best scrambled eggs I've tried so far: fry sliced escallion+diced ham in pan with olive oil until ham is done, add slightly stirred mixture of eggs (2/person imo) and milk seasoned with salt+pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bonus points for adding a tbsp. of cooking cheese in the pan and garnishing with parsley. Eat with a side of 1-2 sliced tomatoes.

-quick
-delicious
-full of nutrients
-makes you big and strong

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
That sounds like a fun idea to try, actually! Lemme just...

Oh....

Ooohhhh....

*eats cheesecake sadly*

In the past I've made egg fried rice from whats left in the fridge. I prefer that over omelettes just 'cause it's a bit more filling.

When I don't have eggs I made soup out of gravy, potatoes, and whatever meat/veg is in the fridge. That's also usually good. :D

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
sky14kemea said:
That sounds like a fun idea to try, actually! Lemme just...

Oh....

Ooohhhh....

*eats cheesecake sadly*

In the past I've made egg fried rice from whats left in the fridge. I prefer that over omelettes just 'cause it's a bit more filling.

When I don't have eggs I made soup out of gravy, potatoes, and whatever meat/veg is in the fridge. That's also usually good. :D
I see Carling. I see Frosties.

I see a nutritious breakfast.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Barbas said:

I don't see Frosties in that pic.

I prefer Cheerios or Nesquik. Still works with Carling though. =P

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
sky14kemea said:
Barbas said:

I don't see Frosties in that pic.

I prefer Cheerios or Nesquik. Still works with Carling though. =P
As long as it isn't Weetabix. That stuff's atrocious with alcohol...unless it's Carlsberg, of course, because Carlsberg goes with everything.

However tempted you may be, taste not the refrigerator bulb. Its crunchiness is alluring, but there will be tears and regrets aplenty!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
You lost me at "Rad."

Anyway, I don't have much in my fridge except water, eggs, and milk, so it'd be a very limited raid. I mean, I could run with the rest of my pantry, but....

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Looks into fridge...
Milk, butter, alcohol....
Yeah, apparently it's Saturday, here we go again!
To be fair I am away from home living in a dorm at the moment so alcohol is pretty much all I need.