Clementime Returning in Walking Dead Season Two

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Clementime Returning in Walking Dead Season Two

Telltale has revealed that Clementine will be back in Season Two along with Kenny whose fate "will be explored."

(Potential spoiler warnings!)

Telltale's The Walking Dead was one of 2012's more memorable story-centric releases. The success of its narrative hinged, in no small part, on the relationship between the protagonist Lee and Clementine, a young girl orphaned by the zombie apocalypse. As the game's episodic journey progressed the two became closer, establishing a adoptive father/daughter relationship that helped the climax of the story be one of the most <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound/6833-The-Best-I-Can-The-Walking-Dead>emotional gaming moments in years. We won't spoil the ending, but suffice it to say that fates of some in the game were left up to players' imaginations.

Perhaps recognizing, however, that all the gamers with imagination are busy playing Minecraft, Telltale has decided to elaborate on what happened to some of our favorite characters following the end of Season One. During a recent panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Telltale representatives revealed that Clementine "will definitely be a part of" <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118317-TellTale-Games-Planning-The-Walking-Dead-Season-Two>Season Two. Likewise, the fate of everyone's favorite frenemy Kenny "will be explored." Little else was offered in the way of details but a teaser image was shown of what looked like Clementine sitting next to a child in the rain.

Fans of The Walking Dead have been speculating for some time now as to whether or not Season Two would follow up directly on the events of Season One, or if it would instead focus on new characters with little relation to prior events. While the picture being painted still isn't all that clear, there are bound to be a lot of fans who will appreciate Clementine's return, even if it amounts to little more than a cameo.

Source: <a href=http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/20/comic-con-clementine-will-be-in-walking-dead-game-season-2>IGN

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait spoilers or whatever but wait up.

Kenny's dead. No ifs or whats. He's fucking dead. Both possibilities, surrounded by zombies, no way to escape dead.
If they bring him back I'm calling major bullshit on this.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
hazabaza1 said:

Kenny's dead. No ifs or whats. He's fucking dead. Both possibilities, surrounded by zombies, no way to escape dead.
His return wouldn't be without precedent. There's a moment in the comics where you think one character (surrounded by zombies in a closed in area) is doomed and they make it out okay. Not to mention they never say exactly what state of living he'll return in.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
I actually had a real problem with Clementime which left a lot of the story feeling rather hollow for me which I felt was a real shame. I couldn't even tell you what the issue was, I just didn't like her as a character.

But it's good there will be more of it.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
I am kinda hoping the character we play as isn't going to be a new protector for Clementine. I mean, Clem being in it is great and all, but I reckon she should be independent, and a character who has learnt from her harsh experiences and is now ready to help out in a bigger way.

I really hope Kenny comes back. I didn't think he died, but his situation was grave, and if he gets out of that, he will be scarred by how close he came to death. Maybe he'll feel resentment for being abandoned by Lee, Omid and Christa? Who knows.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Well, it's not really a surprise that Clem will be returning, but it will be interesting to see what they do with Kenny. I had given him up as dead as well but given that we never see a body (zombified or otherwise) there's always a chance he could return.

Although seeing that they're just saying his fate "will be explored", that's something that's quite open to interpretation...

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
hazabaza1 said:

To be fair, they could show him to be a zombie, or at least a decomposing body, like they did with Carley/Doug in one of the stories of 400 Days.

Anyway, it's good to see Clementine coming back, easily one of my favourite characters in recent memory.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
...and then there was much rejoicing.

That Clem-in-a-field post credits scene was a bit of of a dick move in my opinion. Glad they're doing this.

Although obviously they shouldn't try and rehash the dynamic of the first season. But I'm confident that they're better than that.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Whilst it will be interesting to see how Kenny shows up I hope it's kind of a minor thing, I want Season 2 to be about new stuff and not just an extension of Season 1 (as weird as that sounds). I would have been suprised if Clem wasn't coming back. Maybe she will be the player character this time around?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
They're gonna have to touch up on Clementine, seeing as they ended the first season with that totally redundent epiloge bit that completely shifted the focus from the "actual" ending.

Dec 14, 2009
hazabaza1 said:

Well, you never actually see Kenny get killed, it's just hinted at.

Camera Angles and You, fucking up expectations since forever.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
50$ says she has to kill Zombie Lee!

Though I will forever insist that if they had stopped to think for about 10 seconds they might have figured out that antibiotics was a better way to go than chopping off your arm.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
StewShearer said:
hazabaza1 said:

His return wouldn't be without precedent. There's a moment in the comics where you think one character (surrounded by zombies in a closed in area) is doomed and they make it out okay. Not to mention they never say exactly what state of living he'll return in.
Yeah, Tyreese. Even so, he was a big guy with a weapon whose whole gimmick was "shit with a gun and but wrecks with melee weapons". Kenny's just a guy.

Andy Shandy said:
hazabaza1 said:

To be fair, they could show him to be a zombie, or at least a decomposing body, like they did with Carley/Doug in one of the stories of 400 Days.

Anyway, it's good to see Clementine coming back, easily one of my favourite characters in recent memory.
True. Knowing this series, that'll probably what happens.

Daystar Clarion said:
hazabaza1 said:

Well, you never actually see Kenny get killed, it's just hinted at.

Camera Angles and You, fucking up expectations since forever.
No.
Bad Daystar.
You do not justify bullshit writing like that. This is not a comic book. Well it kind of is but not really but... you know.
Bringing him back alive would be real dumb.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Why would they want to retcon Kenny back to life?

Was there a huge outcry from his fans or something?

I'm guessing you either find him dead or as a zombie.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
I was half expecting them to do this, especially bringing back Clementine. The big question now is how much time will have passed?

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Lieju said:

He never died, in this kind of setting, never write someone off unless you physically see them turn/get shot in the head/get torn apart.

They had no reason to leave Kenny's death as ambiguous as it was unless they had always intended for him to live.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
BanicRhys said:
Lieju said:

He never died, in this kind of setting, never write someone off unless you physically see them turn/get shot in the head/get torn apart.
Yeah, it was left unclear, but it was heavily implied he died. I thought it was kinda stupid, leaving the possibility for his return like that. (I'm not sure, though, can he have different fates depending on your path?)

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Lieju said:
BanicRhys said:
Lieju said:

Yeah, it was left unclear, but it was heavily implied he died. I thought it was kinda stupid, leaving the possibility for his return like that. (I'm not sure, though, can he have different fates depending on your path?)
Just these two ways.

In both scenes he just gets chased out of Lee's sight, you never hear him scream as he is torn apart, hear him shoot himself or see him get bitten. His is the only "death" that's left ambiguous.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
hazabaza1 said:

Exactly. Spoiler Warning brought this up about him "not dying on screen" and then they immediately laughed and called that fucking stupid. I mean sure, he could return, as a zombie.
Edit: I hate the fact that Clem is returning. The Season One ending was perfect for her, minus the after credits scene.