Clementime Returning in Walking Dead Season Two

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I dunno if I like this. Clems story was over and I'd like to move on to a new story not continue the old one.

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
Kenny's death if you brought Ben along was one of the few examples of bad writing in the game. He stayed behind to shoot an already dead Ben, something that he had more than enough time to do while still being able to get away. All this after his speech about suicide and a child's life in the balance. It was pretty bad, so it'd be nice if they expanded upon it to make it less awful.

The other scenario was fine if cliche - heroically saving a pregnant woman that was very much alive. I kind of wish that was the only Kenny death scene.

I think I'd be a bit annoyed if he turns up alive in the second season but it isn't that big of a deal to me. This crap happens all the time in video games/comic books. Besides they are probably just talking about something like the cameo appearance in 400 days.

I do hope they continue the Clementine and the other survivors story though. No reason not to include them with the new characters from 400 days, especially when you consider the setting of the dlc.

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
Will be nice to see Clem, but screw Kenny every time I needed his help for something he failed, expect that 1 moment in chapter 1, rest of the time he was worthless.

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
Wait, it's possible for Kenny to survive? Everyone I know lost him. Not to mention Telltale said your season 1 choices carry across to season 2, how's that gonna work?

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait spoilers or whatever but wait up.

Kenny's dead. No ifs or whats. He's fucking dead. Both possibilities, surrounded by zombies, no way to escape dead.
If they bring him back I'm calling major bullshit on this.
They'll probably either give him the Brie treatment
Have you kill a zombified him

Or the Charles treatment
Finding his dead body

I like to think they wouldn't pull BS and bring him back to life randomly.

OT: and then no one was surprised.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
hazabaza1 said:

Kenny's dead. No ifs or whats. He's fucking dead. Both possibilities, surrounded by zombies, no way to escape dead.
I swear to God, if they pull a bullshit "no you never saw him die he's really alive" bullshit I will be so fucking mad. Like, I'd go out of my way to kill him again mad. They better just make him come back as a zombie/let you find his body.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Uhhhhhh snip
This isn't dumb like in a DBZ movie where cooler is BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE FROM THE FUCKING SUN.

This is something off-screen that is left up to the viewer's decision, kinda like the ending to inception.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
Terminate421 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Uhhhhhh snip
This isn't dumb like in a DBZ movie where cooler is BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE FROM THE FUCKING SUN.

This is something off-screen that is left up to the viewer's decision, kinda like the ending to inception.
I agree with this.

In my playthrough Ben got killed before in Crawford
when the hanged guy grabbed him and i kind of had my hands full trying to get my cat out of the wires so i ended up not shooting him.. Oops
and the Kenny's "death" was really kept in the shadows (literally) you didn't even hear any screaming, shouting in pain - NOTHING like that. And even in the stats they never stated he DIED, i think it said that he was LOST, where with every other character that died, actually said that they died. Poor Doug. Lily was a *****.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
hazabaza1 said:

....Eh.

I thought his fate was left deliberately ambiguous. I'm pretty sure he's the only character to "die" that you don't actually SEE die. Pretty much everyone else gets a chunk bitten off right before you eyes. Kenny just kind of disappears. There's not even the screams of horrifying pain that usually accompany a character death.(At least, that's what happened in my game. I'm not sure how it plays out in other scenarios)

Anyway, great news that Clem's coming back and all but....I think this article still inadvertently spoiled the ending. I mean, look at the information you're giving: The game centers around the relationship between Clementine and Lee. Something really sad happens at the end. Now Clementine is coming back for season 2. Not hard to piece together what's missing.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
V TheSystem V said:
I am kinda hoping the character we play as isn't going to be a new protector for Clementine. I mean, Clem being in it is great and all, but I reckon she should be independent, and a character who has learnt from her harsh experiences and is now ready to help out in a bigger way.
I would prefer it if they do a "___ years later" after a recap or something and have Clementine be the new protagonist. I don't like the idea of her just getting passed around
from one adult who ends up dead in the end to another
over and over again.

My biggest concern is the choices. I HATED that for a game where the choices are supposed to matter that basically the same things happen and
in the end Lee ends up dead no matter WHAT you do.
Sure, you make a choice and one person dies instead of the other, but you end up in the same places doing basically the same things in every playthrough. I hope they at least TRY to make it look like the player's choices make an actual difference this time.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
RaikuFA said:
I think Clem will be a cameo like Glenn from ep.1.
Perhaps will get a cameo from yours truly:

Though I personally want a season about Vince, in 400 days, he was my favorite character despite the short mission.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Zeriah said:
Kenny's death if you brought Ben along was one of the few examples of bad writing in the game. He stayed behind to shoot an already dead Ben, something that he had more than enough time to do while still being able to get away. All this after his speech about suicide and a child's life in the balance. It was pretty bad, so it'd be nice if they expanded upon it to make it less awful.

The other scenario was fine if cliche - heroically saving a pregnant woman that was very much alive. I kind of wish that was the only Kenny death scene.

I think I'd be a bit annoyed if he turns up alive in the second season but it isn't that big of a deal to me. This crap happens all the time in video games/comic books. Besides they are probably just talking about something like the cameo appearance in 400 days.

I do hope they continue the Clementine and the other survivors story though. No reason not to include them with the new characters from 400 days, especially when you consider the setting of the dlc.
You see, at this point, Kenny had lost everything important to him in the span of a few weeks, if not days.

His life had been irrevocably ruined by the apocalypse.
His wife had committed suicide.
His son had to be killed before his own eyes.
And the plan, his final hope, that he had held onto throughout ALL of this had been destroyed, not once, but twice.

He had spent the past couple of episodes treating Ben like absolute shit, he had encouraged Lee to let him die and now, after Ben's speech, he felt awful.

At that moment, Ben was the final thing that Kenny had to live for, he was willing to sacrifice himself for even the tiniest possibility of getting that kid out of there alive, it was only when he realised that it was futile that he ended Ben's life at the last possible second.

Plus y'know, Kenny lives.

Terminate421 said:
Perhaps will get a cameo from yours truly:
I really hope you're talking about Durrl, not Korrrle.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
hazabaza1 said:

Actually, if you go back and watch it, you don't actually see him die, you don't hear him die, and in one of the situations, if you zoom in you can actually see a little strip of him running away. That and at the end of the game where we get the obituary of all the dead characters, Kenny is never described as dead like the others, it says that he "was lost to the zombie hordes"

OT: Clementine is back? YES! TEH FEELS ARE BACK! Come on Tell Tale, make me cry!

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Great, I was worried they were going to wipe the slate clean and start with whole new characters with only the occasional passing glance at the previous ones. I'm really looking forward to this.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
I'd really like it if we played AS Clementine, personally.

Though in other news, I wonder how Matt and Pat will take the survival of Salty Kenny.