Clicks and Giggles: Riddle Me This

Jun 16, 2010
Gypsy ninja pirate zombie king said:
the Firefighter is the boys mom.
Yep.
That was a bit easy. It works better as a pub riddle. I've always liked it though, sometimes people can get really stumped because the idea of a female firefighter (or surgeon or whatever) is so difficult for them to imagine.

Your turn.

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
James Joseph Emerald said:
A house-fire breaks out one night. Firefighters arrive on the scene to find a boy lying in front of the house, injured but still alive. The boy's father didn't make it out in time, having died of smoke inhalation. One of the firefighters approaches the boy to comfort him, but is shocked upon seeing his face. The boy is the firefighter's son. How is this possible?
The fire fighter is a woman. Or gay. Or the kid's godparent, who is now his new parent because it was a single father.

Edit: Darn! Foiled by my own slow typing speed/ my tendency to be distr Oh! Shiny!

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
What is red when balancing, is hard to ever find in nature, can have no roots made evenly, and means, atomically, the opposite of what it should?

Jun 16, 2010
The Thinker said:
What is red when balancing, is hard to ever find in nature, can have no roots made evenly, and means, atomically, the opposite of what it should?
That's actually really tough. I barely even understand what that's supposed to mean. Like, what exactly does "atomically opposite" mean? And "roots made evenly"... is that equal length, or equal value for each root? And how exactly is the root "made"?

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
James Joseph Emerald said:
The Thinker said:
That's actually really tough. I barely even understand what that's supposed to mean. Like, what exactly does "atomically opposite" mean? And "roots made evenly"... is that equal length, or equal value for each root? And how exactly is the root "made"?
Mwa ha ha! I made this riddle myself, so perhaps it needs fine tuning...
atomically means "having to do with atoms", in this case.

The roots it cannot have are important to electricity.

I hope the hint doesn't make it too easy, or still too hard to figure out.

revolverwolf

Jul 1, 2008
Negatives? It's definitely something to do with negative numbers.

If I'm right, which I'm quite confident I am, let someone else ask a riddle...

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
revolverwolf said:
Negatives? It's definitely something to do with negative numbers.

If I'm right, which I'm quite confident I am, let someone else ask a riddle...
Quite right, so its anyone's turn now.

Jun 16, 2010
I guess I'll do another, to make up for my pathetically easy previous one. Hopefully this will be a bit more difficult:

A warrior, charging into battle.
An emperor, watching the heavens.
A crystal, shining bright as the sun.
A knight, standing his ground.
A dragon, awaiting its rider.
A soldier, piloting a war machine.

What comes next?

Jun 16, 2010
Wow, I think I just killed a 23-page thread.
Maybe that riddle was a bit too hard.
In any case, the answer was:
"A meteor, hurtling through the sky." (Or any slight variation thereof)
Points to anyone who can figure out why that's the answer.

Somebody else can post now.

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
I still don't get it. Most of the riddle doesn't really seem relevant to the answer.

Jun 16, 2010
I_am_a_Spoon said:
I still don't get it. Most of the riddle doesn't really seem relevant to the answer.
It's relevant, it just might be relying on knowledge that's a bit more esoteric than I thought.
Each line describes a logo of a Final Fantasy game in numerical sequence. What comes next (i.e. the answer) is the seventh line, and so it should describe the logo of Final Fantasy VII, which is a meteor:

This is a gaming site, and the Final Fantasy series is pretty popular, so I didn't think it'd be all that hard.

kane82

Jun 11, 2010
well since no one seems to be answering you can answer this or just ignore it

-I dreamed I saw a fairy's dance,
Upon the midnight sky.
Where lights, like lantern's grew,
Without a whim, or a why.
Amid their joy,
Amid their dance,
I came running into their midst.
But with nar'ry a sound,
They drew away,
And fell into the mist.
Oh, I saw them again,
But only from very far.
Dancing in the air at night,
Like tiny lanterns, or tiny stars.-

btw, looking for a new icon give me suggestion here,in my escapist inbox or my email [email protected]

gameoni

Jun 9, 2010
Is there a riddle in this.... What r u ask... What are they? I will give that a shot and say a firefly