Clicks and Giggles: Riddle Me This

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
immortalfrieza said:
Serenity fills the neighborhood with an unbearable sound? Nope.

Okay, one more guess.
Well, I started with silence, which eventually turned into peace and quiet, then serenity. I thought the concept of a completely silent neighborhood would be akin to some kind of living hell with no birds chirping, no wind rustling the trees, no sound of children's laughter or the conversation with those around you, wishing you a pleasant day. A ghost town, devoid of emotion, filled with an eerie silence.

That said, it's taken me a while and I'm not coming up with anything good, so I'll go with a joke answer instead:

A smug sense of self satisfaction?

Not as good as 'children', I know, but that will be my last guess. I reckon you've got me with that one :p

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wary Wolf said:
immortalfrieza said:
Serenity fills the neighborhood with an unbearable sound? Nope.

Okay, one more guess.
Well, I started with silence, which eventually turned into peace and quiet, then serenity. I thought the concept of a completely silent neighborhood would be akin to some kind of living hell with no birds chirping, no wind rustling the trees, no sound of children's laughter or the conversation with those around you, wishing you a pleasant day. A ghost town, devoid of emotion, filled with an eerie silence.

That said, it's taken me a while and I'm not coming up with anything good, so I'll go with a joke answer instead:

A smug sense of self satisfaction?

Not as good as 'children', I know, but that will be my last guess. I reckon you've got me with that one :p
Heh, I guess I did, all your answers were way off.

The answer is grass. Now guess what I had to do right when I made that riddle.

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
immortalfrieza said:
Murdering your childre...

I mean mowing the lawn. Heh, I did mine just last weekend myself, so no excuses for me o_0.

I'll take the watery eyes of hayfever as punishment for not guessing that one.

Take it it's your go again?

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wary Wolf said:
immortalfrieza said:
Murdering your childre...

I mean mowing the lawn. Heh, I did mine just last weekend myself, so no excuses for me o_0.

I'll take the watery eyes of hayfever as punishment for not guessing that one.

Take it it's your go again?
Nah, you do one. I'll think up one later.

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
immortalfrieza said:
Brain fazzledd so I'll cheat:

Three people check into a hotel. They pay $30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager finds out that the room rate is $25 and gives the bellboy $5 to return to the guests. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that $5 would be difficult to split among three people so he pockets $2 and gives $1 to each person. Now each person paid $10 and got back $1. So they paid $9 each, totaling $27. The bellboy has another $2, adding up to $29.

Where is the remaining dollar?

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wary Wolf said:
immortalfrieza said:

Three people check into a hotel. They pay $30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager finds out that the room rate is $25 and gives the bellboy $5 to return to the guests. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that $5 would be difficult to split among three people so he pockets $2 and gives $1 to each person. Now each person paid $10 and got back $1. So they paid $9 each, totaling $27. The bellboy has another $2, adding up to $29.

Math? Oh no...

I surrender! Not the maths! NOT THE MATHS!!!

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wary Wolf said:
immortalfrieza said:

The answer is nowhere. The bellboy's 2 dollars shouldn't be added to the amount the three paid, or else it's counted twice. The 2 dollars should be subtracted from the amount the three paid.

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
T
immortalfrieza said:
The answer is nowhere. The bellboy's 2 dollars shouldn't be added to the amount the three paid, or else it's counted twice. The 2 dollars should be subtracted from the amount the three paid.
Right. Sorry, been a bit unwell and as mentioned the brain isn't working 100%. Want to go, or do you want a riddle that isn't to do with math ;)

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wary Wolf said:
T
immortalfrieza said:
Right. Sorry, been a bit unwell and as mentioned the brain isn't working 100%. Want to go, or do you want a riddle that isn't to do with math ;)
Okay, this should be an easy one.

It is known for nobility and grace,
and can forever keep up the pace.
Where there is one, there is many,
with savagery all a plenty.

What is it?

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
immortalfrieza said:

What is it?
A Wolf? No wait... Feet?...

THE FEET OF WOLVES!

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wary Wolf said:
immortalfrieza said:

What is it?
A Wolf? No wait... Feet?...

THE FEET OF WOLVES!
Way way too easy eh?

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
immortalfrieza said:
Way way too easy eh?
Nah, it was a good one. I kept thinking cats because of your avatar, but cats aren't quite so sociable. Then I looked at my own avatar.

Once, long ago, I was vital to bands,
I hold many things, without any hands.
To see behind me, look to my mid-section,
To look behind me, you'll see your reflection.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wary Wolf said:
immortalfrieza said:
Way way too easy eh?
Nah, it was a good one. I kept thinking cats because of your avatar, but cats aren't quite so sociable. Then I looked at my own avatar.

Once, long ago, I was vital to bands,
I hold many things, without any hands.
To see behind me, look to my mid-section,
To look behind me, you'll see your reflection.
Uh... the first thing that comes to mind is guitar strings. I doubt that's it though.

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
immortalfrieza said:
Uh... the first thing that comes to mind is guitar strings. I doubt that's it though.
Nope.

Bands still use these, but due to new technology, don't need to rely on them as much.
Oh, and by no means are they exclusively used by bands.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wary Wolf said:
immortalfrieza said:
Nope.

Bands still use these, but due to new technology, don't need to rely on them as much.
Oh, and by no means are they exclusively used by bands.
I literally know precisely zero about bands so the only other thing I can think of is a drum set.

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
immortalfrieza said:
I literally know precisely zero about bands so the only other thing I can think of is a drum set.
Then don't worry about the band thing then. Although perhaps I should say that it's not so much that bands use these as their distributors.

Oh, and if you're still playing Kingdom Hearts and it's on an old PS2, then the answer is pretty much in front of you.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wary Wolf said:
immortalfrieza said:
Then don't worry about the band thing then. Although perhaps I should say that it's not so much that bands use these as their distributors.

Oh, and if you're still playing Kingdom Hearts and it's on an old PS2, then the answer is pretty much in front of you.
Okay, last guess, a CD right?

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
immortalfrieza said:
Absolutely right. Sorry to throw you with the band thing. On thinking about it should have gone with:

I'm flatter than the flattest lands

Or something like that.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wary Wolf said:
immortalfrieza said:
Absolutely right. Sorry to throw you with the band thing. On thinking about it should have gone with:

I'm flatter than the flattest lands

Or something like that.
Okay, finally thought one up.

Once, it was demons, devils, and dark gods evoked,
a priest was the solution, holy water and holes in the head.
Now we know from where it truly comes, we can stop it before it happens,
From things tiny it comes, from things tiny it stopped.

What is it?

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
immortalfrieza said:
Okay, finally thought one up.

Once, it was demons, devils, and dark gods evoked,
a priest was the solution, holy water and holes in the head.
Now we know from where it truly comes, we can stop it before it happens,
From things tiny it comes, from things tiny it stopped.

What is it?
Actually this one almost threw me because of the Halloween theme going about (see avatar).

But then I remembered my nurse training and I'll go for disease as my answer.