Cliff Bleszinski Announces Return to Video Game Development

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
LazyAza said:
People really do give Cliff too much shit
Thats actually just here, I dont know why but the Escapist community fucking hates Cliff Bleszinski. Maybe Gears of War is too bro for them.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Nowhere Man said:
And I care why? Why does this guy act like he's a rock star all the time? Also, I think Gears of War sucks.
Agreed, this bloke should get no attention, he's attitudes of gaming and gamers is disgusting, I was glad to be rid of him.

LazyAza said:
People really do give Cliff too much shit, I've listened to him enough times on podcasts and whatnot to know he's a genuinely awesome dood. Glad to know he's got some cool stuff in the works again.

Also Gears 1 and 3 were freaking great. People always steriotyped the series as the poster child for doodbro shooters yet ironically they were more a parody of that than anything else.
He's pro DRM, anti PC gamer and just like Ubisoft considers all of us thrives who can't be trusted because a few dicks steal his games. Fuck him, I don't pay for a game to be treated like a criminal and have them stolen by the real criminals when they turn the servers off. He's a greedy selfish prick.

Ephidel

Jan 29, 2014
I care because this guy gets news articles written about him and his "influence" on the industry, and if people are listening to "Cliffy B" about how to make their games, then we have yet to reach the bottom of the barrel about just how shitty the industry is going to get before it crashes and just the genuinely impassioned artists (and it's fans) are left and all of this mass-market shit is dead and buried.

I like niche, and yes, I'm an elitist prick who wishes that "MY" industry would never have become as popular as it is. I'm okay with that, and I'm not offended when people call me that.

Go away Cliffy B, I'm not interested in ANYTHING you have to peddle and nor should anyone else!

ps : Gears of War was poo poo. There, I said it.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
He's been here for years, rocking his peers and putting suckas in fear. Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon, listen to the lancer go BOOM! Explosion, overpowerin, over the competition, he's towerin.

He's gonna knock you out, awwww Cliffy said knock you out.

Damn you Cliffy, I'm going to have that in my head all day.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Cliffy, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and acts like a duck. It's a duck, Cliffy.

Or in your case a Comeback.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
ITT: Salt.

So. Much. Salt.

Come on, guys. Lighten up. It's an unretirement party, and you're all standing there muttering about how you don't like the drinks.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
So, ignoring Cliff real quick, what the fuck am I looking at? What an eclectic mix of art. It's like Game: the game.

"In a world ruined by by alien reaper plant zombies, one NBA star must cross post apocalyptic America with his teenage ward while playing all the sports and also something something chest high walls."

Did he just throw darts at popular dude bro games and decide to throw them all together?

Nov 28, 2007
I just want to point out, to anyone who is disparaging of Gears of War, that Cliffy B is also responsible for a little game called Unreal Tournament. You can say that Cliffy B is not relevant anymore, and that's arguable. But it seems a bit unfair to dismiss as a "dudebro" just because of your impression of Gears of War, when that's not the only influential game he's made.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Fox12 said:
So, ignoring Cliff real quick, what the fuck am I looking at? What an eclectic mix of art. It's like Game: the game.

"In a world ruined by by alien reaper plant zombies, one NBA star must cross post apocalyptic America with his teenage ward while playing all the sports and also something something chest high walls."

Did he just throw darts at popular dude bro games and decide to throw them all together?
Maybe; for a second I was thinking that might be Suda 51 stuff, but Cliffy is far too boring of a designer to do that. If it were others we might get a humorous, satirical game poking fun at the state of the industry, but Cliffy would probably just play it straight without any sense of irony.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Well.

That's just sad. Looks like we'll have to get the can-opener jaws and conveniently placed chest-high-walls back out in preperation for the party.

But, seriously, who is this man and why is he making his own welcoming into an industry that doesn't care about him so warm? And I supposed to be annoyed. Because frankly, I only learned about him from someone ranting a few months ago.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I'm pretty sure everyone thought this was coming.

lacktheknack said:
Come on, guys. Lighten up. It's an unretirement party, and you're all standing there muttering about how you don't like the drinks.
This has been the most recent awesome jab at complainers I've seen on the Internet. Good job sir.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Reminds me, on a server I used to play on, we had a forum thread titled "I'm leaving, Hey guys I'm back" for people who constantly "quit" to return 2 weeks later.

I mean, at least go away for five years if you're going to retire from gaming/rock and roll/acting/whatever

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
lacktheknack said:

So. Much. Salt.

Actually, they're muttering about drinks they had from the last party while glaring at the host.

And a lot of people here actually need to read what CB says before they start making overly simplistic statements about what he does and does not support.

(DISCLAIMER: CB used to act really young back in the day and even he admits it. I'm just talking about now.)

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I... am not a fan... He has said some controversial things but his adversarial viewpoint toward consumer opinions about DRM and digital content, are not ideas that I like in this industry.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Eh, if he comes back it won't matter. It's hard to stay interested in a one trick pony. Once you have seen the trick enough times, it's completely uninteresting.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Of course, LL Cool J said "don't call it a comeback" because he hadn't gone anywhere. after all, his next line was "I've been here for years."

Cliffy is more like Ross Perot or, if that reference is too dated, Sarah Palin.

Nowhere Man said:
And I care why? Why does this guy act like he's a rock star all the time? Also, I think Gears of War sucks.
Hey, if I were as fellated by the media as he was, I'd probably feel like a freaking GOD.

I'm not sure Blesinski is to blame for being full of himself.

lacktheknack said:

So. Much. Salt.

I think it's more people mittering about how they wish the guy who peed in the office coffee has come back.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
I hope he's had time to mature as a person. He seems to have a lot of potential, but I'm still waiting for definitive evidence of that.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
CliffyB 2: Shill Harder

Its funny he would come back now with all the debates about sexism in games and here comes cliffyB with his giant manslab characters running wild all over the videogamedom.