Clock Possibly Counting Down to Modern Warfare 3 Announcement

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
please dear god just end the Modern Warfare franchise and actually do something innovative.

starkiller212

Dec 23, 2010
WrongSprite said:
And on that day, not a single shit was given.

God, CoD has got so dull now, I'll just sit here and reminisce about 1, 2, 3 and 4.
LOL you obviously weren't paying attention, 3 was shit. It was Treyarch's first full CoD game and they only had 1 year, and it ended up being a boring copy of 2.

OT, I doubt MW3 will be as good as Black Ops or MW1/2, but I'll probably give it a shot anyway. The multiplayer is starting to get a bit stale though, maybe some new developers will change it up.

TheXRatedDodo

Jan 7, 2009
I liked MW2's story for the same reason as someone posted earlier.
Very silly, B-movie stuff, very entertaining in that kind of switch your brain off and enjoy kind of way.
Problem is, I don't give a fuck about the multiplayer.
When are they going to start giving people the option to just buy the singleplayer or just the multiplayer?
I'm sure that would garner them a few more purchases than they would've gotten otherwise? You hear that Kotick? More money? No? :(

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
makarov was the most awesome thing about the game i always rocked his emblem

look at it's stupid awesomeness and be amazed. hopefully i can convince my friends to get battlefield instead and i wont have to buy it. though i may have to rent it just to see how the whole thing ends

edit: oh god i hope it isn't a prequel about ghost i was more pissed off about roach dying then ghost. i mean he is just wearing a mask that doesn't make him a supper awesome bad ass infinity ward. i like the soaphawk more anyways

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
According to some sources the whole thing is a hoax.
We've received the following comment from an Activision spokesperson: "There seems to be a great deal of speculation about the next Call of Duty project. Let me be clear that we are not revealing yet. Anything indicating otherwise is a hoax." We contacted EA for comment when the story first broke and have yet to receive a response.
http://ca.kotaku.com/5770833/no-modern-warfare-3-reveal-next-week-activision-says-countdown-site-is-a-hoax

http://www.destructoid.com/countdown-site-looks-to-be-teasing-modern-warfare-3-195050.phtml

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/25/modern-warfare-3/

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
starkiller212 said:
WrongSprite said:
And on that day, not a single shit was given.

God, CoD has got so dull now, I'll just sit here and reminisce about 1, 2, 3 and 4.
LOL you obviously weren't paying attention, 3 was shit. It was Treyarch's first full CoD game and they only had 1 year, and it ended up being a boring copy of 2.

OT, I doubt MW3 will be as good as Black Ops or MW1/2, but I'll probably give it a shot anyway. The multiplayer is starting to get a bit stale though, maybe some new developers will change it up.
3 was nothing like 2...if anything, 2 was a copy of 1. 3 has the best multiplayer of the series, that will never change.

Dr. Win

Jan 2, 2011
I'll probably buy MW3 for the same reason I watch the transformers movies. Mindless fun.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I was actually into the Modern Warfare story...

altho not anymore since IW disappeared

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
BanthaFodder said:
eh, depends. if the rumors are true and it's a prequel about Ghost (you know, the NOT Gaz that no one cared about?) then I probably wont buy it (depends on the gameplay. a game could have a totally ASS story but be really really fun). but if it indeed wraps up the cocktease ending from the last Michael Bay Ameri-gasm Runny Gunny Explodey Shootey Not Make A Whole Lot Of Sensey Blowout, I might be SLIGHTLY more inclined to check it out
I actually understood the story, though I ignored the bits where it would make more sense to take another path (Why kill TF141? They had no idea of what you were planning!). It always seems like I was the only one...

In a possibly related story the gamer called MrJKapowey actually enjoyed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: 2. He thought the campaigns combat and locales was as varied and intresting as any other Call of Duty games. He also never encountered the 'noob-tube brigade' and so thought the multiplayer was good. Now for the news with 3-Dog.

'Today's weather: excessively violent with a chance of dismemberment! Tune in later for our 5-Day forecast!'

Thank you 3-Dog.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
MrJKapowey said:
BanthaFodder said:
eh, depends. if the rumors are true and it's a prequel about Ghost (you know, the NOT Gaz that no one cared about?) then I probably wont buy it (depends on the gameplay. a game could have a totally ASS story but be really really fun). but if it indeed wraps up the cocktease ending from the last Michael Bay Ameri-gasm Runny Gunny Explodey Shootey Not Make A Whole Lot Of Sensey Blowout, I might be SLIGHTLY more inclined to check it out
I actually understood the story, though I ignored the bits where it would make more sense to take another path (Why kill TF141? They had no idea of what you were planning!). It always seems like I was the only one...

In a possibly related story the gamer called MrJKapowey actually enjoyed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: 2. He thought the campaigns combat and locales was as varied and intresting as any other Call of Duty games. He also never encountered the 'noob-tube brigade' and so thought the multiplayer was good. Now for the news with 3-Dog.

'Today's weather: excessively violent with a chance of dismemberment! Tune in later for our 5-Day forecast!'

Thank you 3-Dog.
oh, don't get me wrong, I had fun with it, but there were times where the story was just complete bullshit. not to mention, I was playing on the PS3; very few racist 10 year olds, so the multiplayer was pretty good too

Sir_Tor

Nov 29, 2009
ShockValue said:
"We contacted EA for comment when the story first broke and have yet to receive a response."

Help me out here... why would they want to contact EA??

dls182

Viva La Squir
Jun 15, 2009
They're just counting down to my birthday. Sorry to cause a fuss.

The could've done it on an actual milestone birthday though. Way to drop the ball guys

Cap'n Moe

Apr 14, 2009
Its a hoax all, I accidently typed www.findmakarov.VOM, it defaulted to Google, first search result was a comment from Activision stating it was a hoax. Even if you look at trends of the MW games, they were hyped during the gaming dodrums of the early Spring/Summer timeframe. But we will hear something soon.