Closest You've Come To Having A Literal "Eargasm"

SMILEYkyle21

Feb 2, 2009
the first time i heard 'Warp 1.9' by the Bloody Beetroots i eargasmed. that was only topped when i saw them play it live- 3 times in the last year with number 4 on its way in may :)

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
It's so haunting and it reminds me of a murder ballad.
It seems like it would fit absolutely perfect in a David Lynch film and they even put Laura Palmer's scream in. It gives me chills every time I listen to it.

Alex The Rat

Jan 8, 2010
This will break a little from the prog/metal theme, but I believe it's in keeping with the spirit of the OP. Jump to 3:30 if you're impatient for the action (every good eargasm needs a strong buildup to the climax!)

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
RagnorakTres said:
L1250 said:
-Orchestra snip-
And to a slightly lesser extent...
-William Tell Overture snip-
I like the classics.
Thanks for reminding me. XD
I'm glad I did; that was truly epic - not just "internet epic", but actually, legitimately epic.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
ooooooooh nice thread.

My nominees are:

Blind Guardian - And then there was silence
Edguy - Theater of Salvation
Rhapsody - Land of Immortals
Helloween - Eagle Fly Free
Nightwish - Ghost Love Score
Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
Yngwie Malmsteen - Mr. Crowley
Tarja Turunen/Jorn - My winter Storm
Ozzy Osbourne - Road To Nowhere
Pendulum - The Tempest / Propane Nightmares
The Proclaimers - Sunshine on Leith
Randy Edelman - Promentory (The Last of the Mohicans Theme OMG)
Machinae Supremacy - Dark City / Winterstorm etc

There, that should be enough AWESOME music for quite some time. Enjoy. I have the best taste ever.

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Well, when I heard "Still Alive," it wasn't really an eargasm, just a braingasm. I guess the most eargasm-tastic song I can list from memory is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKUBTX9kKEo

And simply because he's David Bowie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9cGG6aimgw

And for awesomeness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5TuxdkfkE

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Watching Cowboy Bebop. Finally, an Anime with good music!

(Well, Death Note was all right but the opening/closing credits sucked ass. Yu-Gi-Oh! was awesome too, but that was more of a guilty pleasure so you heard nothing.)

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
I had a fairly recent one: Just Breathe by Demon Hunter, (ft. Christian Alvestam).

If you don't know who Christian Alvestam is, he was the lead vocalist for Scar Symmetry. Now, combine him with the already awesome Demon Hunter, and you get an eargasm.

Just Breathe:

Scar Symmetry- Ghost Prototype II- Deus Ex Machina

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
Woop, forgot another one.
EDIT: I found a far far superior video. A live performance sometime in the 90s (I think) and Montreal. Fucking ridiculous be the solos. 8 minute metal song? Yes.

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009

Those two play out as one song, so listen to them both if you could. I remember when I first heard them, I was on my way out of the house, then couldn't get up and leave because I was just sitting there with my headphones having a massive eargasm. In fact, that's what listening to the entire Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From a Memory album is like for me.

Mar 9, 2009
Sleekgiant said:
The awesomeness that is Candy Dulfer and the saxophone
_>
Hipster Sleek away *jumps out of window*
It's like Indian Jazz! Thats so cool!

In the mean time...this...

and this...

and this...

that song is a lot heavier (at least in my opinion) then other nirvana songs (it's also slower) so you metal people might even like it.

and this other david Bowie song...

and this other song by a band that I doubt any of you have heard of...

and to prove that I like things other then rock...

and then there is this...

and more songs from Wes Anderson movies...

and yeah. There are so much more though. But I don't wanna take down the forums with an entire post...

mkb07a

Oct 11, 2008
A velociraptor said:
The first time I heard the opening riff to "Layla" live.
Goddamn I love me some Clapton.

On topic, I highly agree with the Ennio Morricone that has been mentioned (it IS Ennio Morricone, after all). While I do not feel like "Unnatural Selection" is the best Muse song ever (and, believe you me, I am quite the Muse fangirl), I would vote for the slap-bass in "Undisclosed Desires" for most recent eargasm as far as they go, but I'm biased as a bassist.

For me... Well, I personally have a rather large playlist of "punch-out-Cthulu" songs, but one that consistently makes me want to take on the Devil himself is a song called "Sometimes The Line Walks You" by a little band named Murder by Death. It's about breaking out of prison. Imagine yelling "JAILBREAK!" at a concert in a room full of others doing the same. I assure you, it is awesome. Apologies for the less-than-fantastic sound. I suggest Googling their Bandcamp page and listening to it that way (for free, no less!)

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Actually, I have quite a few songs that evoke that feeling in me. I'll list some of my favorites. Though, I'll only list ones I know others probably won't and I won't bother listing ones I'm sure others will.

And finally, the trifecta of awesome, the three best music videos from Toonami (back in the day). All of which contain the absolutely brilliant break-beats of Joe Boyd Vigil.

There are more, but I've listed 10, which is way more than enough, so I'll stop.

Stranger 517 said:
Well, when I heard "Still Alive," it wasn't really an eargasm, just a braingasm. I guess the most eargasm-tastic song I can list from memory is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKUBTX9kKEo
Beat me to it! Damn you, lol.