Colonel Sanders Adds Finger-Lickin' Good Combat to Sega RPG

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Steve5513 said:
Mass Effect 3 will now have dlc that adds another pointless 1 hour add on quest where you join up with the Burger King and discover his origins, and do battle against Ronald Mcdonald.
.....I would so buy and play that.

OT: Well, i would never have seen this coming. And as Space Jawa put it "Best. In-game advertising. Ever!".

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
That's awesomely hilarious. I'd totally want to play as the Colonel. Or, better yet, a mecha-Colonel with the voice of Foghorn Leghorn.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
The Colonel is very loved in Japan, he appears in tons of animes and games. Same with Pizza Hut.

Steve5513 said:
Mass Effect 3 will now have dlc that adds another pointless 1 hour add on quest where you join up with the Burger King and discover his origins, and do battle against Ronald Mcdonald.
Have it your way!

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
The mascot of a fast food chain as a playable character in a video game?!?!?

... Preposterous!

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
Why are people here impressed?

This a crass and ugly thing to do to a game. Billboards in the background I can live with, reasonable product placement can be tolerated but this?

I'm not going to buy a game that contains this crapulous monstrosity, which is a shame as I rather like the phantasy star games.

icyneesan said:
The Colonel is very loved in Japan, he appears in tons of animes and games. Same with Pizza Hut.
That I can live with, so long as it's avoidable and quick its just a pop culture reference.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Unrulyhandbag said:

Think about it for a second: We are going to beat the living shit out of monsters as a old man with a cane.

That, my friend is Crazy awesome.

I can see how this is actually a good idea, In Japan around Christmas, KFC sales go through the roof.

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Unrulyhandbag said:

Think about it for a second: We are going to beat the living shit out of monsters as a old man with a cane.

I can see how this is actually a good idea, In Japan around Christmas, KFC sales go through the roof.
No, we are having our faces rubbed in the dirty aspect of someone else's secondary income in the worst possible way. Not just for a little while but for the WHOLE GAME. Why would I want a player character that has no legitimate place in the games setting?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Unrulyhandbag said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Unrulyhandbag said:

No, we are having our faces rubbed in the dirty aspect of someone else's secondary income in the worst possible way. Not just for a little while but for the WHOLE GAME. Why would I want a player character that has no legitimate place in the games setting?
Maybe because it's a easter egg? Why is Pizza hut in the game anyway?

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Unrulyhandbag said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Unrulyhandbag said:

yes why? It was enough to put me off buying the last game and now I won't be buying the next.
You can say that's my loss but I just find it awfully distasteful.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Perhaps the good colonel is trying to expand into other culinary machinations...like the meat of his victims in this game?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Unrulyhandbag said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Unrulyhandbag said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Unrulyhandbag said:

yes why? It was enough to put me off buying the last game and now I won't be buying the next.
You can say that's my loss but I just find it awfully distasteful.
Hey, one fan annoyance is another fan favorite.

But I'm seriously thinking it to do with the fact that KFC and Pizza Hutt are VERY popular in Japan to the point that Pizza hut was feature in a anime.

(Code geass By the way)

Popcicle42

Feb 25, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
-snip-

I haven't seen any mention of what the upcoming KFC items will be, but aside from the obvious food-related ones I can't wait to see what Sega will come up with. A giant drumstick sword perhaps? A biscuit shield? The Escapist's correspondents are currently digging around the Tokyo Game Show, so maybe they'll be able to shed more light on the situation.

-more snip-
For Shame, Mr. Goldman! The answer stares thee in the face. Order that tasty family meal, and look at what thy have received. Yes, you have received thy delicious chicken, but you only see the forest, not the trees. Lo, gaze your eyes upon thy bucket, full of greasy morsels. What glorious protection that same bucket may grant thee if placed upon thine head! And behold, examine the method one eats thy creamy mashed potatoes, covered in succulent gravy. For you are given not any utensil. In thine hands you find a "Spork!", truly the most wicked and distructive of weapons and utensils alike!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Tom Goldman said:
Would Colonel Sanders have ever thought that he'd someday be whacking aliens with his cane in an RPG when he founded KFC in 1930?
Are you kidding? That's exactly why he did it! Truly was Harland David Sanders a visionary.

Now, someone, please help me decide. Is this bizzarely awesome or awesomely bizarre? I can't choose!

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
After this announcement I demand the ability to play as The King in Arkham City, if only to fulfill my insane fantasies of sneaking around and killing people while looking like the most deranged & insecure homeless person of all time.