Colorado signs law allowing abortion at ANY POINT in PREGNANCY

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So, as far as I can see, this is just a law that is going to benefit those who live in Oklahoma and Tennessee etc

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Frankly the world could do with more abortion anyway. Ideally it'd be over in China, India, or any of those other massively overpopulated countries that are killing the planet, but America's a start.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Once again, Phoenix posts expecting everybody to agree with him only to be sorely disappointed that the majority of this forum is more leftward than he pretends to be.

Honestly, we need more laws like this. The Republicans are so determined to roll back a century of progress, we need to make it harder for them to succeed.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020

You can see how left leaning NPR is using the dumbest term ever "pregnant people".

---

This law allows a woman to get an abortion literally the minute before she would give birth, which is pretty damn ridiculous. Take a peek at progressive European countries and they don't allow this.

Every single (R) law that usually does like nothing (like the Florida Parental Rights law) gets tons of outrage how it's like the worst thing ever. Let's see if this (D) law that is completely ridiculous gets the same kinda outrage.

Based on the article this law doesn't do anything but prevent future limitations imposed by the federal government.

While I personally object to late term abortions (6m+) I wonder if those actually occur (often)? Instead of focusing on time limits they should make work of accessibility. Not sure if that's an issue in Colorado but it seems that's a typical tactic to reduce abortions, just make it unnecessarily difficult to perform.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It's the coward's banning, sure.

But no, they're extremely uncommon and usually only in dire circumstances. The sort of thing you don't typically want a lot of red-tape to hinder

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Once again, Phoenix posts expecting everybody to agree with him only to be sorely disappointed that the majority of this forum is more leftward than he pretends to be.
Who needs to be American when you have red caps right in your internet backyard?

Honestly, we need more laws like this. The Republicans are so determined to roll back a century of progress, we need to make it harder for them to succeed.
It amazes me how so many people can get so deep down into these ways of thinking that simple things like human rights for everyone and basic levels of empathy is so foreign a concept, even taken as far as to seem wrong and worth fighting against. I know it's hard for people to see their own faults for what they are, and can double down when it's pointed out, but surely there's gotta be some level of self awareness that these are horrible aspects for a person to have, no?
It doesn't take much to just... let other people be happy

Last edited:
Reactions: Buyetyen

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
The term pregnant people is all about the culture war. I didn't realize calling women women was not calling them people... nor has there ever been a pregnant person that wasn't a woman.
So what happens if a woman legally changes her gender to a man without needing a full medical transition, and then becomes pregnant? It means, theoretically, he may be denied an abortion in a state that was supposed to ensure its access.

Legal wording is, after all, really important.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
So what happens if a woman legally changes her gender to a man without needing a full medical transition, and then becomes pregnant? It means, theoretically, he may be denied an abortion in a state that was supposed to ensure its access.
What happens is that certain people quietly ignore it, while secretly counting it a win.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Frankly the world could do with more abortion anyway. Ideally it'd be over in China, India, or any of those other massively overpopulated countries that are killing the planet, but America's a start.
Or maybe even nip it from the root where BC would be mandatory until people are deemed it for reproduction. Like, maybe there could have be a chip implanted to regulate this and it just gets turned off or removed at an appropriate time. Hell, most people would probably love this anyways. The ones who don’t, would have to prove their worth.

May seem cruel or whatever, but no worse than abortion in the first place. Besides, as a functional society we’re kinda approaching desperate times anyways.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Or maybe even nip it from the root where BC would be mandatory until people are deemed it for reproduction. Like, maybe there could have be a chip implanted to regulate this and it just gets turned off or removed at an appropriate time. Hell, most people would probably love this anyways. The ones who don’t, would have to prove their worth.

May seem cruel or whatever, but no worse than abortion in the first place. Besides, as a functional society we’re kinda approaching desperate times anyways.
The problem is there is no way you could ever get something like that implemented, and certainly not in the countries that need it most.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Yes, yes, "No U," we know.

Which is funny because of his repeated bitching that I never have any content or meaning.
See, the fun thing is, you're pulling out random numbers to try and sound like this is regressive, and I'm making actual reference to the state of abortion law two centuries ago.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
See, the fun thing is, you're pulling out random numbers to try and sound like this is regressive, and I'm making actual reference to the state of abortion law two centuries ago.
...when it was outlawed almost entirely?
Screenshot_20220422-094726_Firefox.png
Like, 95% sure that's your gig

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
So you view the expansion of civil rights as regressive. Good to know.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
You guys are missing that he probably thinks abortions being legal is regression. We're all slipping from God into hedonism etc.