Come Join Us for Escapist Expo 2013

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
sky14kemea said:
TimeLord said:
We totally have to do the great UK trio. And yes, we are now the great trio of Mods too!

Disregard guilt, aquire flight tickets!
I wonder if we can get ahold of Stevey, I do have him on Steam/Skype. Would be fun to be in the same hotel again. (Would we Red Roof Inn it?)
Well depending on where it's held this year I was thinking we could maybe stay a bit closer (i.e. walking distance) so we can hang out at the bars after the days are over. Cost dependant of course.

We will have to get a Skype convo up and running to discuss details.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
TimeLord said:
sky14kemea said:
TimeLord said:
We totally have to do the great UK trio. And yes, we are now the great trio of Mods too!

I wonder if we can get ahold of Stevey, I do have him on Steam/Skype. Would be fun to be in the same hotel again. (Would we Red Roof Inn it?)
Well depending on where it's held this year I was thinking we could maybe stay a bit closer (i.e. walking distance) so we can hang out at the bars after the days are over. Cost dependant of course.

Cool, just tweet me whenever and I'll get on Skype as soon as I see it. =P

There's the hotel right next to it, but that costs a bomb. We may need to do more research.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
sky14kemea said:
TimeLord said:
sky14kemea said:
TimeLord said:

Cool, just tweet me whenever and I'll get on Skype as soon as I see it. =P

There's the hotel right next to it, but that costs a bomb. We may need to do more research.
The Expo site itself has some ideas. We should investigate.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
TimeLord said:
The Expo site itself has some ideas. We should investigate.
Ahh, I haven't signed up yet, I was wallowing in the possibility of not being able to go. xD I'll go do that now!

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
sky14kemea said:
TimeLord said:
I recommend the Durham Tower Hotel, that's where I stayed on my way back, and it's walking distance-y (15-20 minutes walk) from the convention centre. It's only slightly more expensive then the RRI (about $10 a night p.p.)

For the time being I'm 80% confirmed (unless I get fired, which I'm sad to say isn't impossible). I will get a car again, am willing to share a room but will probably fly direct from Amsterdam to avoid 10 flights in a week again...)

And Stevey was on here a few weeks back, he posted something in the PubClub

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Eleuthera said:
sky14kemea said:
TimeLord said:
I recommend the Durham Tower Hotel, that's where I stayed on my way back, and it's walking distance-y (15-20 minutes walk) from the convention centre. It's only slightly more expensive then the RRI (about $10 a night p.p.)

For the time being I'm 80% confirmed (unless I get fired, which I'm sad to say isn't impossible). I will get a car again, am willing to share a room but will probably fly direct from Amsterdam to avoid 10 flights in a week again...)

And Stevey was on here a few weeks back, he posted something in the PubClub
...You may wanna check twitter. We're talking sharing a 4 bed in the Marriot. xD

And that's fine... Abandon the London trio. ='[ (nah I understand)

Eleuthera

Sep 11, 2008
sky14kemea said:
...You may wanna check twitter. We're talking sharing a 4 bed in the Marriot. xD

I deleted my Twitter account a few weeks ago, never used it anyway. If the Marriot is affordable that even better... but I'm still incredibly cheap Dutch... same thing really...

Not 100% on teh flight yet... preliminary searches say it might be cheaper to fly via London...

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Eleuthera said:
sky14kemea said:

I deleted my Twitter account a few weeks ago, never used it anyway. If the Marriot is affordable that even better... but I'm still incredibly cheap Dutch... same thing really...

Not 100% on teh flight yet... preliminary searches say it might be cheaper to fly via London...
Est is around £86 for 4 nights if we do a 4-bed.

...*remembers there are others in this thread*.

Let's take this to PMs from now, okay? xD

JoaoJatoba

Deadman Walking
Dec 31, 2010
I would love to go, but since I live in Brazil, the travel cost is a little expensive (about US 3,000)...

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Um... Hell yes?

GETTING MAH TICKET NOW!

Eleuthera

Sep 11, 2008
sky14kemea said:
Eleuthera said:
sky14kemea said:

Est is around £86 for 4 nights if we do a 4-bed.

...*remembers there are others in this thread*.

Let's take this to PMs from now, okay? xD
That's pretty good actually, and yes let us abandon this thread (the Expo user group might actually be the best place, that's still a thing right?)

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I will be trying to attend again. But given it's a good 7-8 months away, it's hard to tell what'll be going on by then. Plus, I need to decide if I'm going to be going as just an attendant again this year, or if I'll try to be part of the Hard Corps. I know last year I thought I would this year, but... I'm just not sure. Need to search myself and decide.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I can't help but think about the "Cereal Convention" from The Sandman.
Where they all gather under name tags and have panel discussions.
Is Corinthian coming? Will there be a disco?

Still sounds like fun though, I wasn't able to go last year, maybe this year I can.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
my car got totaled last year (not my fault...someone put another car in my way lol) so I was only able to hobble over for one day. hopefully this year I can make it for the whole weekend :D

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
You know, I normally get mad when things happen, and they never seem to happen in this state, or at least within a few miles of Raleigh. Damn it feels good to be 45 minutes away from Durham. I intend on going all three days this year, as my friends and I will all be able to drive there and enjoy it greatly. The table top games are the best by the way. I loved the library they had(it was literally a library, you checked our board games and got to play them, then just return them when you're done) and the after party was awesome.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Still can't attend. The Atlantic Ocean, another continent and so on and so on.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
and once again it is right during the middle of university here in australia...

Tisiphone1

Doing Science
Dec 27, 2011
uguito-93 said:
and once again it is right during the middle of university here in australia...
It's in the middle of University in the US too. As a matter of fact, it's now squarely outside of US "con season". I like it though, I expect Expo to once again put an exclamation point on my convention year.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, there is a better-than-even chance that I may yet again be stalking the halls of the EsEx[sup]*[/sup], taking stealth photographs and generally being a shadowy observer of all things Escapist!

[small]* I am totally calling it this now.[/small]