Come on! Just use what you?re wearing!

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I did a search and didn?t find anything exactly like this.

Tell me escapists we see in games when our characters are armed to the teeth but than don?t use what they have. From a character with a big sword on his back he never draws to the soilder wearing what is clearly body armor that does nothing. What instances can you think of?

Me? I can?t help of think of when I?m playing my beloved Heavy in TF2 and I run out of ammo. I mean he is wearing a bandolier of bullets. Take it off and use it for crying out loud.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Well Dom in Gears of War has a knife attached to his armour. I always found it pointless that he didn't have an execution involving it.

The soldier in TF2 also juggles grenades but no grenades are in the game (yes, I know why).

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
Not a good one, but hell.

In DotA (Defense of the Ancients) Barathrum is equipped with an axe and a candle of some sort, as melee. He uses the candle-majigger.

DISCLAIMER: All the characters in DotA are fictiou- Ahem, are models of Warcraft 3 standard gameplay, and the model that is used by Barathrum is ranged, and attacks by throwing some hot substance out of his candle thingy.

Even though this wasn't a good one, as clearly stated previously, it really makes me facepalm.

ShotgunSmoke

Apr 19, 2009
In Far Cry 2 you use a knife to take out your bullets, but your only melee weapon is a machete.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
wolfy098 said:
ace_of_something said:
From a character with a big sword on his back he never draws
is that Angeal your speaking of?
I couldn't think of any off the top of my head but I knew there HAD to be a character who does that somewhere.

Another one that bugs me is is how glassess and goggles offer the same protection in fallout 3

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
The Hayabusa Katana armour in Halo 3. It would be more fun to use it on spawn campers and aggressive,annoying Amercan kids. (Not saying all American kids are annoying and aggressive, but one I played last night was)

EDIT: Also, the knife on the C.Q.B armour from Halo 3 as well.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
ShotgunSmoke said:
In Far Cry 2 you use a knife to take out your bullets, but your only melee weapon is a machete.
That's because you don't want other people's blood on your bullet removal knife.

Da pyro man 999

Aug 24, 2009
Me? I can?t help of think of when I?m playing my beloved Heavy in TF2 and I run out of ammo. I mean he is wearing a bandolier of bullets. Take it off and use it for crying out loud.[/quote]
And i dont know why i cant use the fire grenades on the pyro):

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
8-Bit_Jack said:
ShotgunSmoke said:
That's because you don't want other people's blood on your bullet removal knife.
Especially considering how rampant aids is in Africa.
I know a guy who caught it that way.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
8-Bit_Jack said:
ShotgunSmoke said:
Especially considering how rampant aids is in Africa.
I know a guy who caught it that way.
I was going to make a humorous comment relating the ease of attaining AIDS that way, but you beat me to it, and made the joke now in worse taste.

in a kinda similar way, how Ryu Huyabusa has an infinite number of shurikens, and dozens already strapped to his body bothered me.

NuclearJonJon

May 24, 2009
Wayne Holden from Lost Planet only ever used his pistol in a cut scene like...once I think. I wanted to cap some Akrid :(

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
sasquatch99 said:
The Hayabusa Katana armour in Halo 3. It would be more fun to use it on spawn campers and aggressive,annoying Amercan kids. (Not saying all American kids are annoying and aggressive, but one I played last night was)

if you think about it both would be useless against that advanced armor

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
ryai458 said:
sasquatch99 said:

Yeah, but it would be good fun to try =)

Spygon

May 16, 2009
i find it funny when its the other way round when people pull rocket launchers out of midair and im sat there thinking is my character magic?.But back on subject when it says you dont have rpg rockets left but there are three of them sticking out your backpack.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Jak in all of his games. He's got those googles, but he only uses them once during the ending cutscene in Jak 3.

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
sasquatch99 said:
ryai458 said:
sasquatch99 said:

Yeah, but it would be good fun to try =)
In section 8, the knife reflects the shield around it and pierces the guy's armor. Therefore, a katana or knife would be fine.

And if you call me a geek for knowing how the S8 knife works, I will hunt you down.

With the S8 knife.