Community Member Spotlight

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Ah, its like the Community Spotlight feature on Xbox Live. I remember suggesting this awhile ago.

Anyway I nominate myself. Why, because it would make me very VERY happy.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
King of the Sandbox said:
yoyo13rom said:
JimmyBassatti said:
I nominate this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/] person.

Or, King of the Sandbox [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/King+of+the+Sandbox].
Huh?! What did I ever do to get nominated?
Oh well, as long as there's money in it for me, I'm ok with it.
I can't tell if you were trolled, or if you're trolling me.

Either way, lulz. ^_^
Me, trolling you? Never!
But change the world "troll" into "stalked", and I'll be flattered.

OT:
Armored Prayer said:
Ah, its like the Community Spotlight feature on Xbox Live. I remember suggesting this awhile ago.
And how did that work there? What rules were there(if there was no rule, and only randomness and chaos, then count me out of all the "community spotlights")?

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
yoyo13rom said:
Armored Prayer said:
And how did that work there? What rules were there(if there was no rule, and only randomness and chaos, then count me out of all the "community spotlights")?
You basically had to send them a request and a few reasons on why, mainly by explaining anything interesting about yourself. It sounds dumb seeing how the only way to get interviewed is to woo the guys more than others, but the results are not that bad. The people who get interviewed are civil and some are actually quite interesting. Its never some 12 year old punk who says he 'Owns' in Halo 3.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
So, we get to nominate people? Well, of course, I nominate [user]Neonbob[/user].
I'd love to see him mention me answer some questions.

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
I nominate Jack and Calumon because they brighten up my day, but only Calumon if they both can't win :p (sorry Jack).

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Aerodynamic said:
bassdrum said:
I believe that one individual by the name of Furburt deserves a mention here. He's accrued almost 30,000 posts in a single year... that's pretty damn dedicated.
I second this, Furburt for the win.
I third Furburt. Whenever I think of the Escapist forums, I think of him. As gay as that sounds.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Sleekgiant said:
Also I see that I have been nominated twice ^_^ that made my day
Three times now. ^^
I also nominate [user]Onyx Oblivion[/user] ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

ironmace2.0

The Names Hans Olo
Mar 15, 2009
Jack and Calumon they are awesome and great people and if I didnt care if people thought I was a copy of him I would have a Digimon partner as well!

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Teh_pwning_dude has my vote... because i don't know who else to vote, hes my latest friend and has a sweet avatar.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
We'll have the first Community Member Spotlight up today...and yes, they have already been chosen.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
We'll have the first Community Member Spotlight up today...and yes, they have already been chosen.
How soon can we expect it? Because, you know, time zones and stuff - just so I'd know if I have a chance of seeing it today.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
As has been stated previously, I agree with the idea that the staff members should choose those that are featured, not the community themselves. "We" (being the community) already know those that post often, or have a certain gimmick that reminds us of that poster; they are the type that do not need a spotlight shone on them - and those are obviously the sort of people that will be nominated if such a system is put in place. Regardless I'll save judgement of this feature until I've seen how it operates.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
This sounds interesting but I'm not really sure what it is or what it entails. Maybe people get interviewed or something. That could be worth reading depending on who it is and how well they answer questions. Or maybe they just get "hey you're spotlighted" in an article which would be less interesting... but then who knows. Can't comment too much until it happens I guess.

I'm not nominating anyone because I'd prefer that someone be spotlighted who I'm not already all that familiar with. Mind you, I'm not intimately familiar with that many people on here anyway so odds are the choice will interest me somehow.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
One day ill get it....One day....

Anyway, whoever won (I am thinking it's Neonbob) surely deserves it if everyone picked them.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Oh great! A popularity contest! Who should I nominate? Well, certainly not me.

A. Only Neonbob would vote for me.
B. Who am I kidding? The popular guys knows me and the rest all forgot about me. That's not how I'm going to win.

In all seriousness, vote for NewClassic or Pimppeter2.