Computer Built in Minecraft Has RAM, Performs Division

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Idlemessiah said:
I wonder if it'd be possible to build a computer in Minecraft more powerful that that used to run Minecraft?
No it's not, unfortunately. You can, with enough time and dedication, make a computer equivalent in bit-size, memory and most other pieces, but you'll never be able to exceed the clock speed of the host computer's CPU. It will actually always be significantly slower, regardless of what you do, due to having to go directly through the layer.

Though I suppose if you really wanted to, you could simply make a 256 bit CPU and perform 8-10 operations simultaneously. That might work, though I doubt it.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
VincentX3 said:
Now all that's left is to play Minecraft inside of Minecraft
standokan said:
I'm really expecting a "Yo dawg I herd U like" meme
Done and Done.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109144-Man-Uses-Kinect-to-Play-Minecraft-in-Minecraft

OT: This is just amazing. I'd like to see that CPU war played out in minecraft very much.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
This reminds me of a comic I read once, where there is only one man who lives as an immortal in an infinite existence. He searches through his existence and gathers up rocks, and he uses these rocks to create a massive computer, which runs a simulation that is the universe we live in.

This only gives more credence to the comic's claims!

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
A computer within a computer program?

Am I going to have to be the asshole who makes an inception joke?

Fine...'Inceptcraft'...there

Edit:

Orannis0 said:
This is... Mineception.
dam...beat me to it

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Yo dawg, i heard you like CPU's

lol at the youtube comments.

"Don't you guys see where this is going? eventually there will be a computer in minecraft that can play minecraft, and in it will be built another computer, playing minecraft, and then another one, with another one in it. It's going to be MINECEPTION"

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Jabberwock xeno said:
How the hell does this work?

Can you make a computer out of rocks or something then?
Well, this is making 'em out of wire, diodes and logic gates.:)

But rocks? Sure, why not. [http://xkcd.com/505/]

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Averant said:
My God... A computer within a computer? That's... I don't even know. Ingenious? Insane? Will we make the matrix INSIDE the matrix? XD
Inception ain't got nuthin this guy

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
Next step: a SNES emulator on that Minecraft computer, so that you can kill time by playing classic games (in a game).

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Averant said:
My God... A computer within a computer? That's... I don't even know. Ingenious? Insane? Will we make the matrix INSIDE the matrix? XD
We need to escape! The CPU is collapsing!

(This is going to be an endless source of bad inception jokes.)

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Strixvaliano said:
How long until the computers inside Minecraft become self-aware and begin harvesting farm animals for energy?
Well, if Minecraft continues to gain followers in real life, we would all be living in Minecraft and neglecting reality. The Machines would use us to harvest the animals for them.

Matrix!

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Formica Archonis said:
Jabberwock xeno said:

But how would it work?

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
Thats really cool but my god how long must of it taken him to build that thing.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Jabberwock xeno said:
Formica Archonis said:
Jabberwock xeno said:

But how would it work?
Out of rocks? In that case the human is the CPU and the rocks are the memory and perhaps the instructions. Do math on paper, do math on your fingers, do math with piles of rocks.

KrazyKain

Jun 2, 2010
I've looked up his channel and seen it in action, Jesus Christ my mind is blown... by any sense of the word this is literately a genuine working computer built in minecraft... it's just...wow...