Just an idea.
that's probably doable within a year, maybe 8D
seriously awesome, it has pretty much every part of a CPU
wonderful :)

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
believer258 said:
Greg Tito said:
I totally respect what Salaja has done and even if his knowledge of computer science and architecture goes totally over my head, I'm happy that stuff like this exists. It's also an interesting idea for their to be "breakthroughs" in fake computer building within a computer game. Will we start to see competing designs? Will there be an Intel vs. AMD war within Minecraft?!
Slight grammar problem here, Escapist? Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

Anyway, this is pretty neat. Actually, it's awesome, and it would be cool to see if someone could make a computer that could run older games, maybe even up to Half-Life? It would take TONS of time and lots of people willing to work on it.

Still, this is a cool achievement, and I seriously doubt the creator of Minecraft had this in mind.

Eddy-16

Jan 3, 2011
Soylent Bacon said:
I'm sure someone's already starting on building a computer that can play Minecraft on a screen consisting of torches. It will run at 1 frame per hour and will be finished in about six years, if this guy works fast.
Hell in about 6 years, someone will have probably built a teleporter and invented something that can go faster than the speed of light.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
So if you can do this
Could you make something that could double the power of your PC
That would normally cost a few thousand
In Minecraft
For free

._____.

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
fanklok said:
Oh please, Dwarf Fortress has a dwarven computer in it that can Add Subtract Multiple and Divide out to 8 digits. It of course runs on lava.
This, this, a myriad times this. You people want to see a computer in a game? This is a computer in a game!
[http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-8269]
Go here and marvel http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49641.msg1035291#msg1035291

It also has a punishment plate, that triggers the doomsday device whenever somebody overflows the processor.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Alar said:
This reminds me of a comic I read once, where there is only one man who lives as an immortal in an infinite existence. He searches through his existence and gathers up rocks, and he uses these rocks to create a massive computer, which runs a simulation that is the universe we live in.

This only gives more credence to the comic's claims!
I think you mean this comic:

http://xkcd.com/505/

Incidentally, this was actually the comic that got me interested in the physics of computers, and modern CPU architecture.

rockera

Jul 29, 2009
yo dawg i heard you like computers so we put a computer in yo computer so you can compute while you DOES NOT COMPUTE.
OP:... well I built like 4 apartment buildings and a few house but this is...is... wizerdry!

farq1414

Jan 26, 2011
okay does anybody think that minecraft is evolving i mean we have gone from small houses in caves to computers i mean it is evolving faster than the human race ever did what next? also

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
VincentX3 said:
Now all that's left is to play Minecraft inside of Minecraft
That's the dream!

Seriously though, this is utterly amazing. I wonder if Notch ever realised that people would be doing this with his creation?

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
All I have done so far is build a lava pyramid...I'm not sure how I feel about building a computer in a computer. Just seems so um...hypothetical with no real practical applications. I'm sure he had fun?

legion431

Mar 14, 2010
He managed to make a computer within a computer-Awesome. the fact that he used a video game to do it is legendary.