Computer Built in Minecraft Has RAM, Performs Division

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
So if a computer is built in Minecraft that's capable of running it's own version of Minecraft, can we expect someone to build another computer in that?

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
...WHAT?! Are we a game being played within a computer within Minecraft within a computer within Farmville? I don't know what's real anymore! *sobs uncontrollably* I must say this trumps ALL internet projects I've heard of to date.

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
Amazing, let's hope it doesn't get conciseness, wait a moment, isn't today 4/20/11, oh shIT!!!.....

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
My reaction to all of the things like this being built can be summed up in the top comment on the youtube page:

"i built a little house and a bridge, YOU BUILT A CPU?!!??!1"

the_green_dragon

Nov 18, 2009
To play a game on that CPU, you would need a program. I'm not sure if you can build a program out of rocks. Or can you? Prob not

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
the_green_dragon said:
To play a game on that CPU, you would need a program. I'm not sure if you can build a program out of rocks. Or can you? Prob not
He already made it programmable. You can see him putting code in in one of the videos.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
That is awesome. I remember the old computer that was put on here a while back, and I remember it ran painfully slow. This fellow here really had a stroke of genius when he decided to build vertically.

I really don't know much about computer workings, but this is still really impressive. Even from a purely aesthetic standpoint, this is a thing of beauty.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
Speaking as someone who has no idea what he was saying, most of the way through the explaination I was like...

"Stop talking and make it do maths, dammit!"

I don't care if it's less effiecient than the real first computers; this, sir, is

BLOODY AMAZING!

Captain Bobbossa

Jun 1, 2009
Wait, this has been don before. Whats the differance between this and that one made out of dirt blocks that streches into the horizon?

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
Congratulations, you have just divided by zero. For performing this amazing feat, the universal sub-conscious will now reset existence on the date of 12/21/12. The universal sub-conscious simply cannot wait to see how long it take the next cycle to figure it out! LOL.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Inception this shit, I want a computer inside a computer inside a computer!

Also I'm a bit worried we're going to start playing God and we'll create sentient life inside this computer, it'll realise it's not real and try and escape and then when it does...MY GOD.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Why? Why is this being done? Do you have any idea how impractical a computer like this is? Its running in units measures in seconds when normal computers run in units measured in milliseconds! All you guys wanted to play "minecraft in minecraft" do you know how long it would take for the system to render even a single screen? It would take months to simply boot up the game. Ah god, ah this is so stupid.

I respect guys who are so determines to do this but this is doing something for the sake of doing it and has no practical application. God, when all you have is a hammer needs to be replace with when all you have is Minecraft. There are better ways to build some things you know people. Lets not turn Minecraft into our all purpose build engine when we have other avenues. God, Minecraft is turning into a singularity. Easy to build != practical or the right way to do it. Ah, this is giving me a headache.

DireFrog

Jan 31, 2009
I feel this is only the beginning. Soon, they will reach the limit of complecation. Then, they shall become smaller and smaller.

Of course, by this time in the real world, computers will be inplanted in your brains.