I'm talking about the screen when you first turn on the computer, and you see the manufacturer's logo.Worgen said:Depends on what screen you mean, if it was the bios screen then that's not good, if it was the windows login, that's still not good but not as bad, possibly. You can go into the bios and you might have a temp counter in there somewhere so you could see if it is overheating. You won't be able to feel anything from the case, you need bios or a program like speccy that will tell you what the cpu is running at. It is possible that your motherboard is going, in which case you will probably need to look for a new machine or at least take it to someone who can actually examine it, only so much I can do with the descriptions you're giving.VG_Addict said:OK, my computer shut off while it was on the boot screen.
Is my computer dying?
I felt the sides of the tower to see if it's overheating, but the sides are cold.
Does that mean it's not overheating?
When I pressed the power button, the light turned on, turned off, then turned on again.
Went to BIOS, it says memory is running at 1600 Mhz.
My computer will be 6 years old this October. Could my computer just be old?