XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Reactions: soreeyes

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I fucking hate the news media in my country so much right now. So there was an opening of a Holocaust museum last weekend, and Isaac Herzog attended. This led to pro-Palestinian protests right outside the museum during the opening, not against the museum but against Herzog being there, seeing as he represents a genocide happening right now. But the news media is spinning this protest as 'disgraceful' and 'how dare they smear the memory of the 6 million jews who died', using the Holocaust as a shield or even a vidication on current events. Seriously, the amount of times the '6 million jews' and 'jews needed a country' is brought up to stifle any attempt to shine a light on what's happening in Gaza is grotesque.

Oh and my favourite 'this isn't the right time to protest'. Yeah, because protests are all about calmly asking for change while standing right there, not being in anyone's way.

I watched the speech the king give at the opening (yeah, we have a king 🤦‍♂️), and all the talk of how an entire group of people was displaced, robbed, and killed felt so fucking hollow in the face of the entire West ignoring the displacement, robbing, and murder of people right now in Gaza. This mentallity of clutching onto the Holocaust to deny the actions of Israel and the genocide that is currently ongoing only serves to smear and cheapen those 6 million lives that were slaughtered, and history will look back on this as the biggest blemish on the West since the Holocaust.

Fuck you Netherlands! Fuck everything about you right now!

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I fucking hate the news media in my country so much right now. So there was an opening of a Holocaust museum last weekend, and Isaac Herzog attended. This led to pro-Palestinian protests right outside the museum during the opening, not against the museum but against Herzog being there, seeing as he represents a genocide happening right now. But the news media is spinning this protest as 'disgraceful' and 'how dare they smear the memory of the 6 million jews who died', using the Holocaust as a shield or even a vidication on current events. Seriously, the amount of times the '6 million jews' and 'jews needed a country' is brought up to stifle any attempt to shine a light on what's happening in Gaza is grotesque.

Oh and my favourite 'this isn't the right time to protest'. Yeah, because protests are all about calmly asking for change while standing right there, not being in anyone's way.

I watched the speech the king give at the opening (yeah, we have a king 🤦‍♂️), and all the talk of how an entire group of people was displaced, robbed, and killed felt so fucking hollow in the face of the entire West ignoring the displacement, robbing, and murder of people right now in Gaza. This mentallity of clutching onto the Holocaust to deny the actions of Israel and the genocide that is currently ongoing only serves to smear and cheapen those 6 million lives that were slaughtered, and history will look back on this as the biggest blemish on the West since the Holocaust.

Fuck you Netherlands! Fuck everything about you right now!

Nothing new. The Zionists have thrown that number around for quite a while it seems.

Either they’re incredibly prescient given the Holocaust, or it’s just always been a “magic number” to help spur along the creation of the Israeli state, regardless of how many actually perished. Because it would seem that even the U.S.’s own president at the time may have needed extra convincing.

Anyways -

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I don't think the particular number matters all that much... it is not an excuse for the murder and displacement of Palestinians even if it was six trillion. Odd thing to focus on imo. for that and other reasons.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Nothing new. The Zionists have thrown that number around for quite a while it seems.

Either they’re incredibly prescient given the Holocaust, or it’s just always been a “magic number” to help spur along the creation of the Israeli state, regardless of how many actually perished. Because it would seem that even the U.S.’s own president at the time may have needed extra convincing.

Anyways -
Well, I wasn't trying to put focus on the number, and I don't think anything regarding numbers needs to be discussed when it comes to the Holocaust. That's a weird and questionable angle to come at this from.

Reactions: Kwak

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Well, I wasn't trying to put focus on the number, and I don't think anything regarding numbers needs to be discussed when it comes to the Holocaust. That's a weird and questionable angle to come at this from.

Well it’s a pretty specifically cited number (guessing the Jewish population in Europe/Russia circa 1900) that predates even the Holocaust by several decades, and the Zionists are now using it to justify and/or evade criticism for whatever atrocities they’re currently committing themselves.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

I don't know who I hate more here. Either of the heterodox 'scholars' on the Palestinian side or debate bro Destiny or the war crimes supporter historian. Why can't Palestinians get more mainstream academics to support them instead of a guy in Turkey who got outplayed by Alan Dershowitz in academia, and ran out of town?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom