Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I don't know email the IRS, fill out a form for the 600.
The IRS isn't going to get me the $600 Joe owes me and most Americans. Mr "Vote Blue in Georgia for a $2000 Stimulus Check" lied to our faces and sent out a $1400 check instead.

Though I suppose to be fair to Joe, I wouldn't believe him even if he didn't fuck us out of $600. He's a politician, lying comes as naturally to breathing for these ghouls.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

AJ is full of shit and is a Qatari and Iranian proxy media group.

That just happens to be right about Israel attacking the Palestinians.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Israel breaking world records a lot lately, this gonna need another update;

Israel has killed more aid workers in the Gaza Strip than have died in all of the countries in the rest of the world combined in any of the last 30 years, according to a report by the Aid Worker Security Database (AWSD).

UN security staff killed in Gaza; Guterres calls for probe
UNRWA flag-lowering ceremony at the UNRWA Lebanon Field Office in Beirut.

A staff member of the UN Department of Safety and Security (DSS) died and another was injured when their UN vehicle was struck as they travelled to the European Hospital in Rafah, Gaza, on Monday.

Condemning all attacks on UN personnel, Secretary-General António Guterres has called for a full investigation, his deputy spokesperson, Farhan Haq, told journalists in New York.

“With the conflict in Gaza continuing to take a heavy toll – not only on civilians, but also on humanitarian workers – the Secretary-General reiterates his urgent appeal for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire and for the release of all hostages,” he said.

Questioned by journalists, Mr. Haq said that the UN was still gathering information on the incident. He later confirmed that the security personnel killed was an international staff member, marking the first such UN death in the Gaza conflict.

-

“As somebody who was on the ground and has spent a lot of time in hospitals in Gaza, including in Rafah, I saw the impact of this fighting on children’s bodies and it is horrific,” said Unicef spokesperson Tess Ingram in an interview with the US broadcaster, ABC.

“I saw a nine-year-old girl who was clinging to life on a hospital bed in Rafah with major blast wounds down one side of her body, and when I met her, she had been that way 16 days because the medical ability in Gaza to repair those wounds was non-existent.”

“We need to see an end to the fighting and the indiscriminate killing of civilians, especially children.”

-

-

-

Army officer resigns after being ‘haunted’ by US support for Gaza’s ‘ethnic cleansing’
Major Harrison Mann's departure marks first public high-profile resignation of US military officer and member of intelligence community

Palestinians check the rubble of a residential building destroyed in an Israeli strike in al-Zawayda in central Gaza Strip, on 11 May 2024 (AFP)

A US army officer has publicly resigned from the Department of Defence in protest against the Biden administration’s support for Israel’s war on Gaza.

Major Harrison Mann said he resigned from the Department of Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) over the “nearly unqualified support” the US has provided Israel “which has enabled and empowered the killing and starvation of tens of thousands of innocent Palestinians [in Gaza]".

In a resignation letter posted on LinkedIn on Monday, Mann, who resigned on 1 November, explained to colleagues the reason for his “abrupt departure” from the agency.

“At some point…you’re either advancing a policy that enables [the] mass starvation of children, or you’re not,” he wrote. “I know that I did, in my small way, wittingly advance that policy.”

Mann served as a US Army officer for 13 years, with a posting as a security cooperation officer at the US embassy in Tunis.

Following his stint in Tunisia, he served as a Middle East intelligence analyst at DIA, and most recently as an “executive officer” at the agency’s Middle East and Africa centre, according to his LinkedIn account.

Mann’s departure is the first time a US Army officer and member of the intelligence community has publicly resigned in protest against US support for Israel’s war on Gaza.

The Department of State has seen two public resignations over the Biden administration’s Gaza policy, the most high-profile of which was the departure of Josh Paul, a former director overseeing US arms transfers.

Annelle Sheline, a foreign affairs officer on a two-year contract with the State Department, also resigned in March.
Mann acknowledged the junior role he played at DIA, noting that his work may have appeared “administrative or marginal".

“The past months have presented us with the most horrific and heartbreaking images imaginable…and I have been unable to ignore the connection between those images and my duties here. This caused me incredible shame and guilt.”

'Living an alternate universe'

Mann cited his European Jewish ancestry, saying he was “haunted” by what he believed was his failure to live up to the“unforgiving moral environment when it came to the topic of bearing responsibility for ethnic cleansing”.

Mann is not the first member of the US military to protest against US support for Israel.

In February, Aaron Bushnell, a 25-year-old US Air Force serviceman, self-immolated outside Israel's embassy in Washington DC as he screamed "Free Palestine," in protest against the Biden administration's Gaza policy. He later died of his injuries.

However, Mann’s letter is notable because he lays out how he wrestled with the notion of military duty and respect for senior officers with his personal opposition to US support for Israel.

“I told myself, I don’t make policy and it’s not my place to question it,” he said, adding that he was sure some colleagues would “feel betrayed”.

He described an environment where few colleagues spoke out about the war in Gaza and US support for Israel. “I felt like I was living in an alternate universe.”

“I now realize the obvious - if I was afraid to voice my concerns, you were too.” He wrote.

Middle East Eye contacted Mann for comment on this article but didn't receive a reply by the time of publication.
Mann’s resignation letter comes as US and Israeli defence ties are under intense scrutiny, with President Biden threatening to withhold offensive arms from Israel over Rafah.

On Friday, the Biden administration released a report stating that there are reasonable grounds to believe Israel used American-supplied weapons "inconsistent" with international humanitarian law but stopped short of issuing a final judgement.
How many more different forms will it take before the grim message finally gets through? We cannot keep splitting reality like this, the damage to our future is extrapolating in ways we cannot even begin to measure yet. Qanon's success was bad enough, this is just gonna breed more layers of denial and alienation within communities just for starters.

Last edited:

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I look forward to the history books that question how The IDF themselves keep uploading literal War Crimes online and and The United States sat back and said "we don't think Israel is committing war crimes"
I think you underestimate the cynicism involved in this case. They either do not care how they will be perceived in history books or they believe they will be writing the history books.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I think you underestimate the cynicism involved in this case. They either do not care how they will be perceived in history books or they believe they will be writing the history books.
Likely the latter.

"The very ink with which all history is written is merely fluid prejudice."

- Mark Twain

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
How much you publicize your genocide isn't terribly important so long as no one puts forth real effort to stop you and you eventually succeed before they do.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

"After serving in Israel’s war against Gaza in 2014 and seeing their country’s military operations up close, Benzion Sanders and Ariel Bernstein, two former special forces soldiers, turned into anti-occupation activists and have been speaking out ever since against their country’s brutal oppression of Palestinians.

They joined ‘Mehdi Unfiltered’ to discuss what they learned from their own Gaza experience and how they view the current Israeli campaign in Rafah – and the right-wing trends in Israeli society.

“Destroying a whole neighborhood and all the buildings that we've seen and been inside for no apparent clear reason, seems to me – I don't know if it's a war crime or not, according to international law – but it seems like a crime. It seems like something that I am ashamed that I took part in,” Bernstein told Mehdi.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
An IDF tank killed 5 IDF soldiers and injured 7 more in a 'friendly fire' incident in Jabalia, when it attacked a building they were occupying. Wasn't even during a battle.

And we're supposed to believe that all necessary precautions are being taken to avoid unnecessary/civilian casualties...? The IDF only acknowledges these incidents when they involve their own people (or else very high profile organisations like the UN... and even then only sometimes).

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
An IDF tank killed 5 IDF soldiers and injured 7 more in a 'friendly fire' incident in Jabalia, when it attacked a building they were occupying. Wasn't even during a battle.

And we're supposed to believe that all necessary precautions are being taken to avoid unnecessary/civilian casualties...? The IDF only acknowledges these incidents when they involve their own people (or else very high profile organisations like the UN... and even then only sometimes).
It's hard focussing on who you're killing when you're busy making war crime tiktoks.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

In their defense, they thought they heard children playing