Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Saagar Enjeti and the intel guy on TikTok are the only sane right-wingers.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
There is no valid paraphrase or interpretation of "asked whether there was any evidence" that doesn't involve the speaker asking whether there was any evidence. It's unambiguous.
Why are you pushing this "unambiguous" line when you don't know what was said? It's like you're going out of your way to make yourself wrong.
OK, how about this: you can watch the press conference with Lazzarini from the following month here:

Cool, thank you.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you pushing this "unambiguous" line when you don't know what was said? It's like you're going out of your way to make yourself wrong.
Can you tell me a valid interpretation of the line "asked whether there was any evidence", which doesn't involve the person being asked whether there was any evidence? I'm searching for a crumb of ambiguity.

The fact is you chose to ask me about this in the most condescending, accusatory way possible, then performed some mental gymnastics to discount the very straightforward sources given to you.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
The same could (and often has been) said over any protest ever, and yet protests sometimes work.
Hm, i don't know where i heard it and who said it (can't find the correct quote at the moment) but wasn't it like:

"The reason everyone likes and accept nonviolent protests is because everyone know that they don't work"

Meaning the people feel like the accomplished something and did "good", others can virtous-signal, and the people in power can easily ignore them. Everybody happy

I mean, it' always nice if you have a false-flag operation on the side attacking your own peaceful people, or some militant violent sect lashing out in your cause (Where you can deny culpability if they go overboard), or not?

But ok. I guess in mostly democratic countries with lots of alternative viable politicians (healthy pool of candidates and parties) peaceful protests can work well.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The same could (and often has been) said over any protest ever, and yet protests sometimes work.
No, I was attacking Asmongold for his take on the protest by saying he's a right winger who isn't sane.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Can you tell me a valid interpretation of the line "asked whether there was any evidence", which doesn't involve the person being asked whether there was any evidence? I'm searching for a crumb of ambiguity.

The fact is you chose to ask me about this in the most condescending, accusatory way possible, then performed some mental gymnastics to discount the very straightforward sources given to you.
The ambiguity is that they didn't cite the question in the first place. You understand the distinction, you hunted down an actual primary source. The guardian putting one word at a time in quotes is not far above a tweet of a screenshot of a news story about a report that doesn't say what the tweet says. The ambiguity is inherent in the presentation, no matter how absolutely they phrase it, you can't feel informed by reading it.

Seriously thanks for the interview link. I did not find that myself.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I hesitate to further take the focus off of events in Palestine, but Zionist media won't stop crying and lying about the protests elsewhere against imperial support for the mass murder and other crimes in Palestine, so it regrettably needs some amount of attention.

The Zionist shill response to the uncovering of these mass graves has been "actually, these are the result of Palestinians burying their dead", and then providing video of Palestinians burying their dead. Not in the same places, though, nor the same apparent conditions. Notably, the occupation forces have so thoroughly destroyed Gaza's hospital infrastructure that they are no longer able to count anywhere close to all of their dead. That is why the official numbers seemed to stop increasing a few months ago.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
The Zionist shill response to the uncovering of these mass graves has been "actually, these are the result of Palestinians burying their dead", and then providing video of Palestinians burying their dead.
They were buried the way The Palestinian People have buried their loved ones for decades; hands zip tied behind their backs and shot in the back of the head execution style in unmarked giant pits ❤

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
fckin knew this kunt was a demon, only took a real human genocidal horror to drop the jesus peace n love bullshit mask, it ain't going back on. Don't trust fake hippie Aryan jesus freaks.

a recommended gofundme from behind the bastards people a few days back, whatever hope remains, though media imbed option here ain't cooperating as well as hoped;

Main fundraiser photo

Help Alghazzawi Family Escape Gaza
Chava Finkler is organising this fundraiser.

I'm Chava Finkler, a Jewish Canadian, friend & ally to Aya Alghazzawi, a Palestinian in Gaza. Aya and I "met" in cyberspace when I invited her to speak to local Unitarians & friends. Aya's knowledge of Gaza, her eloquent speech & her commitment to her people struck me deeply. We have remained in contact via email for over three years.
Aya asked me to initiate a fundraising campaign as Gazans can not access the GOFUNDME campaign themselves.
Aya and her family need to escape Gaza before the likely Israeli onslaught. Please donate to support the Alghazzawi family. Aya tells her story below. Chava Finkler
==========================================

My name is Aya and I am a Palestinian teacher living in besieged Gaza. My life has turned upside down since the beginning of the Israeli genocide on Gaza. I have aged a hundred years. Every single bone aches. I have an unbearable backache as I live in a tent after two displacements. I long for my comfortable bed in my new apartment that was burned by Israeli troops. I yearn for my friends whom Israel brutally killed. I miss my family who have been scattered. But I miss the feeling of safety more than anything. I want my sisters and nieces to stop having nightmares and live their childhood.

The only thing I can do is help my family get out of here. But “coordination” fees to escape Gaza make it almost impossible. We are 14 members; we need 5000$ per adult and 2,500$ per child under 12. We have four children & 10 adults, so we need about 60,000$ US $$ as coordination fees . We need 7000$ as expenses upon our arrival in Egypt. This makes a total of 67,000$ US.. I know our mission is not easy but I trust human values that place life in safety and dignity above all. Any contribution of you, however little, can help us succeed in escaping the genocide.

1714320291228.png

1714320355282.png

Updates (2)
20 April 2024by Chava Finkler, Organiser
Aya sent me the email below yesterday:
"I am still in Rafah. As danger is approaching and Israel seems to use the Israeli- Iranian agitation to invade Rafah soon away from enough media coverage, we are seriously considering leaving Rafah"

I replied telling Aya I'd sent her enough $$ for some of her family to leave Gaza. She replied that her bank had not notified her. Usually they text her. It would not surprise me if international transfers to Gaza come under greater scrutiny and take longer. I spent an hour in person at my own bank here in Canada to obtain approval to send $$.
photos below are recent images of Aya in front of her tent

4 April 2024by Chava Finkler, Organiser
Dear Friends and Supporters; Thanks so much for your generous donations to Aya's campaign. Your contributions means so much to Aya and her family as they contemplate leaving Gaza. Aya emailed me the update below. Thanks again for everything, Chava

Update from Aya

It has been 180 days of genocide. I've already aged hundreds of years. My soul is aching for the frequent displacement. My heart feels heavy for the loss of my apartment that had been eaten by an Israeli-caused deliberate fire. They never took into account how much effort and time it takes to build a place for oneself amidst the flagrant unemployment rate and stagnant economic wheel in the biggest concentration camp on Earth, Gaza.

My life went upside down due to the current genocide. It is the most ferocious, bloody hell that Israel placed us in. Not only did my place got burned and greatly damaged, but also my professional, social life got frozen. Instead, I, alongside my family, friends and fellow Palestinians in Gaza, have entered a vicious circle of terror, worrisome, loss and bereavement.
I dwell now in a tent in primitive conditions. I have no comfortable bed, clean bathroom, necessary water or healthy food. My back hurts so much that I slightly bend it and cannot stand for long.
I fear an imminent nervous breakdown. I want this suffering to come to an end. However, all I can do at the moment is to help my family get out of Gaza and let our children feel safe again. Maybe then, they will stop having nightmares and restore their spark and joyful laughter. Would you help us feel safe again and escape the genocide?
Wishes of peace, Aya

1714320249179.png

1714320201657.png