Conflict of Interest

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Nasrin said:
I like that we can't even talk crap about Activision anymore without it getting immediately derailed into EA hate. Ye gods, EA, what have you wrought?

Also... as always another hilarious comic. Keep it up!
I think if somebody created a thread about how cute kittens are, it'd end up being about EA hatred.

This is definitely one of my favourite's, although I don't personally have anything against Activision.

Daystar Clarion said:
People seriously didn't get the joke?

I'm lost for words :D
VanQ said:
I... seriously can't believe the amount of people that need a joke this straightforward explained to them. Oh, Escapist forums. Never change.
I must admit, I was surprised by that as well. The comic wasn't particularly subtle.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Nasrin said:
I like that we can't even talk crap about Activision anymore without it getting immediately derailed into EA hate. Ye gods, EA, what have you wrought?

Also... as always another hilarious comic. Keep it up!
Likely because outside of release some games people dislike for certain reasons, they haven't really done anything comparable to EA. At least that's my take on it

OT: Giggled when I scrolled down. Was pretty funny.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
The real question is: Would she have had the same response if he had worked for Blizzard?

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I like how his cup is just full of sugar cubes. :) Nice touch.
I love it when people put in little details. Good comic.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
OK, that's EA and Activision in one week. What other publishers do these guys have an axe to grind with? And what's their take on LucasArts shutting down?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MetalMagpie said:
Sewa_Yunga said:
Okay, don't get this one... at all :(
It's implying that being an Activision employee is worse than being a giant monster mantis.

Swap Activision for EA/Microsoft/company-you-don't-like.
I'm actually surprised they didn't go for EA, but then, I'm also kind of happy they didn't go the low-lying fruit.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
gigastar said:
A mantis is actually an apt comparison for Activison, they catch and hold onto developers, eats them to death and grow stronger for it.
reminds me of what they did to poor blizzard, they captured it killed it and are living off of its vital juices to bolster its lagging performance

before anyone argues that blizzard isnt dead, it is dead and activision is wearing its skin

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
iblis666 said:
reminds me of what they did to poor blizzard, they captured it killed it and are living off of its vital juices to bolster its lagging performance

before anyone argues that blizzard isnt dead, it is dead and activision is wearing its skin
To be entirely fair to Blizzard, StarCraft 2 has been consistently solid.

The plot of both isn't particularly special, but the actual core gameplay is just as good as it has ever been.

It's only the Diablo and WarCraft teams that have been shitting the bed :p

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
That remind me to post about the game Jurassic Heart Here:

And yes, this game is real. Short dating game, but 100% real.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Ok that's funny and all, but what has Activision done lately to earn this?
Implying Activision hasn't done enough .

OT: great strip . I'd totally not date someone from Activision .

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
Me55enger said:
Gah, I thought that this was some special sort of evil alien mantis from a recent video game that I didn't know...

Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if Erin dated an alien mantis. She'd be able to look past the shell!

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
synobal said:
The joke doesn't really work with a female, and a male preying mantis.
Um... "the joke" isn't going for the female eating the male after mating thing (which is actually inaccurate). It's going for the "Working for Activision is worse than being a giant bug monster" thing. So... it works just fine.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I can't believe it took me this long to realize this but...

Is that tattoo on Erin's right wrist supposed to reference Bioshock? I've played the game again recently and the tattoos on Jack's wrist look a lot like her's.

Odoylerules360

We're all just folk now...
Aug 29, 2008
I look forward to these every week! The jokes keep getting funnier, the art keeps getting better, and somehow the bosoms seem to keep getting bigger...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
krazykidd said:
canadamus_prime said:
Ok that's funny and all, but what has Activision done lately to earn this?
Implying Activision hasn't done enough .

OT: great strip . I'd totally not date someone from Activision .
Done enough what? Enough to piss people off? Because I'd think that'd be a good thing.