Confrontation

royohz

Official punching bag!
Jul 23, 2009
It seems I haven't much insight as to what Erin's "obvious problem" is. But I do like her quotation mark tattoo, fucking awesome Trifoce tattoo and also what seems to be a failed Audi Logo tattoo. Pardon that last one, I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I would have done the same exact thing if some was dangling me out a window. what sane human being wouldn't do that.

Cheeseman Muncher

Apr 7, 2009
She's been upside down a while, I suspect she's just going to hit the floor like a ton of bricks as all the blood starts to head for her legs again.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Would the few of you quit crying about the arc being "too long", "not funny"? When they started it with a new chapter or part to the comic it was implied this would be a more serious tone. For god sake, the poster was her staring down at a glass of scotch or some shit. Let the artists make what they want, nobody is forcing you to read it.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
TopazFusion said:
Scorched_Cascade said:
Huh, I only just noticed that her face kinda looks like that medusa head from a few strips back.
Thats because he can only draw so many faces.

But yeah, Erin is a psychotic ***** with no redeeming traits.

ECasThat

Nov 14, 2009
Now go on a bet the nine different hells out of him, so that he can never EVER appear in any arc ever again!

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Wait... She gets drunk and treats him like shit, before then flirting with him and telling him she wants sex. She starts a fight and causes him to carry her home. He dangles her out a window for some "me" time and now shes attacking him.

Am I dumb or is this all just... stupid?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Dear God this arc is turning into one gigantic clusterfuck. I don't feel connected to any of the characters and frankly I hope they all get a 1-ton anvil dropped on their heads. Erin's a borderline physcotic *****, this guy fails psychology forever, and the hallucinations might as well be leprechauns telling Erin to burn things.

JohnTomorrow

Green Thumbed Gamer
Jan 11, 2010
Its nice that you guys are going through your 'serious' phase...but i dont really see where this will end. I mean, it's very REAL - Erin's made bad decisions, she's CLEARLY unwell, and nothing short of SERIOUS outside intervention will get her the help she needs - but after beating up the nice/psycho guy, what next?

Plus, it's kinda true what people have been saying....i'd say trying to seduce a guy after being an ass to him, then getting the BOTH of you beaten up because of your own selfish wants, merits some sort of retribution (although if the guy was anywhere sane himself he would've just left her in her swill...)

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
I think the moral of this story is to never purposefully dangle someone from a window. There's just no excuse for it. If you're looking to seriously injure or kill them, you throw them out of the window, or hang them out by the neck of you're feeling gangsta. But you don't dangle them by their foot. That's just mean.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
royohz said:
It seems I haven't much insight as to what Erin's "obvious problem" is. But I do like her quotation mark tattoo, fucking awesome Trifoce tattoo and also what seems to be a failed Audi Logo tattoo. Pardon that last one, I have no idea what it's supposed to be.
The third tatoo is from the first Bioshock. It's five links from a chain. The protagonist had it on both wrists.

erttheking said:
DugMachine said:
Would the few of you quit crying about the arc being "too long", "not funny"? When they started it with a new chapter or part to the comic it was implied this would be a more serious tone. For god sake, the poster was her staring down at a glass of scotch or some shit. Let the artists make what they want, nobody is forcing you to read it.
GAH! CRITICISM! Must use poorly formed excuses to make it not mean anything. "No one if forcing you to read it" aha, perfect. Now anytime someone criticizes my work, I have the ultimate defense. Now the people reading my thing should only say good things about it, or nothing at all...brilliant.
Complaining on a few comics is criticism. Coming back every week for 3 months to complain that the arc isn't funny is being an ass. Why the fuck do you keep coming back if you don't find it funny? Because you're hoping it'll get funny? That's about as acceptable a reason for your insipid complaining as "noone is forcing you to read it" is in response to it.

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
Erin is definitely crazy. Granted.

However, I'm not sure how that guy expected anyone's reaction to being tossed out a window wouldn't be to punch the tosser (in both senses) in the face.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
wintercoat said:
royohz said:
The third tatoo is from the first Bioshock. It's five links from a chain. The protagonist had it on both wrists.

erttheking said:
DugMachine said:
GAH! CRITICISM! Must use poorly formed excuses to make it not mean anything. "No one if forcing you to read it" aha, perfect. Now anytime someone criticizes my work, I have the ultimate defense. Now the people reading my thing should only say good things about it, or nothing at all...brilliant.
Complaining on a few comics is criticism. Coming back every week for 3 months to complain that the arc isn't funny is being an ass. Why the fuck do you keep coming back if you don't find it funny? Because you're hoping it'll get funny? That's about as acceptable a reason for your insipid complaining as "noone is forcing you to read it" is in response to it.
So if something sucks for more than three months then our criticism and opinions mean nothing? Oh that makes perfect sense.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
erttheking said:
DugMachine said:
Difference between proper criticism and saying something is either too long or not funny. One must state why it's not funny or what in particular is taking too long to unfold. You already gave a proper critic in a previous post.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
erttheking said:
So if something sucks for more than three months then our criticism and opinions mean nothing? Oh that makes perfect sense.
Well the majority of people on this website seem to like it so they must be doing something right. There is still comedy, just not video game comedy.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
erttheking said:
wintercoat said:
royohz said:

erttheking said:
DugMachine said:
No, you think it sucks. There are plenty of us who have been enjoying it. You are the one who comes back each and every week, knowing it's been unfunny to you, just to complain for the millionth time that it hasn't been funny. You've move far past criticism by this point into complaining for complaining's sake territory. And some of us are getting sick of it. We get it, you aren't finding this arc funny. And I'll ask again, why the fuck do you keep coming back every week if you don't like it? Because it appears to be that you keep on reading it because you want to complain that it's not funny.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
DugMachine said:
erttheking said:
Well the majority of people on this website seem to like it so they must be doing something right. There is still comedy, just not video game comedy.
Ah, so if some people like it, other people are clearly wrong for not liking it and criticizing it. Cool.