Congratulations Kamala Harris for winning the presidency.

How long till they make Kamala president?

• 6 months

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 1 year

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 2 years

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Lets be real here. Joe was just a puppet for corporate Dems, and they picked the right the VP to replace him. What would a Kamala presidency look like? Is she gonna lock up BLM and start deporting people like Obama did? I just think shes going to be female Obama and have a similar presidency like him. Not much for black people and their rights.
I would be very cautious about what to expect from the Democratic Party. My suspicion is that they decided "safety first" and viewed Biden as the ultimate safe pair of moderate hands to put against Trump's chaos, incompetence and rancour. Perhaps in a sense it worked because he did indeed win.

But they must also look at the alarmingly narrow margin, the failure to dent the Republican Senate lead and lost House seats, and know something is also badly wrong. There will be blood in the water in the Democratic Party, and I would expect after the inevitable feeding frenzy of investigations and recriminations, a substantial number of policies will be changed and personnel repaced through the next 6-12 months.

People have their own minds and own instincts and inclinations, but a lot of politicians can be quite... flexible. If the analysts and strategists go away and think the Democrats need a more progressive policy plan, that's what Biden and or Harris will move towards.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
If Biden dies before inaguration the DNC can put anyone in his place (not necessarily Kamala).

Who is ready for Hillary's turn?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If Biden dies before inaguration the DNC can put anyone in his place (not necessarily Kamala).
Anyone anyone? Like, some random stereotypical loser could be sitting on the couch and get a knock at the door and suddenly move into the White House?

That sounds like a terrible idea for a sitcom. Especially if they learn some life lessons at the end of an episode they've forgotten before the start of the next one.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Anyone anyone? Like, some random stereotypical loser could be sitting on the couch and get a knock at the door and suddenly move into the White House?

That sounds like a terrible idea for a sitcom. Especially if they learn some life lessons at the end of an episode they've forgotten before the start of the next one.
Anyone DNC picks and agrees on.

Your idea reminded me of this fun movie:

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
While I don't think The DNC put Biden in because they intend to have Biden go down (either naturally or through something like the 25th if his mental functions begin to deteriorate) , I LOL'ed so now you can all LOL.
It's not impossible Biden might pull out and hand over to Harris just so she can run 2024 as incumbent. I certainly expect she will be kept busy and at the forefront of things so they can portray her as a leader-in-waiting.

Reactions: MrCalavera

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It's not impossible Biden might pull out and hand over to Harris just so she can run 2024 as incumbent. I certainly expect she will be kept busy and at the forefront of things so they can portray her as a leader-in-waiting.
Oh I don't think it's zero that Biden doesn't make it 4 years. I just don't think he was chosen specifically for them to take him out before his 4 years are up. They'd be content with him or Harris in charge and will be running Harris as "the incumbent" in 4 years no matter what.

The DNC isn't stupid so I'm sure they have it planned out in case he doesn't make it, I just don't buy into the conspiracy theory that he is President for The DNC to swap out with Harris ASAP.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
Is it racist sounding to call her 'Camel Harassment'? I don't think she's arabic right? For some reason the words just pop into my head when I hear her name.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Is it racist sounding to call her 'Camel Harassment'? I don't think she's arabic right? For some reason the words just pop into my head when I hear her name.
I think you might want to wait until the Biden administration starts its drone strikes and they kill a bunch of innocent civilians who owned a camel or two. Shouldn't be long.

Reactions: Fieldy409 and Kwak

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I think you might want to wait until the Biden administration starts its drone strikes and they kill a bunch of innocent civilians who owned a camel or two. Shouldn't be long.
Well, funny thing. If Trump does precipitously withdraw forces from Afghanistan by mid-January, he arguably does Biden a favour: he removes that ongoing, weeping sore of a problem from leaking pus all over Biden's presidency as well, whilst also taking the blame for everything that may subsequently go wrong because the troops were withdrawn.

Reactions: BrawlMan