Conspiracy story ideas you'd like to see done in fiction

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Maybe not a movie, but we totally need a twilight zone-esque epishow on how vaccinations really do give kids autism, and they do it to keep aliens away. Or maybe the aliens have infiltrated our society to tamper with our vaccines TO give us autism.You know, to cull us into a cattle species or something. I dunno, I just want to make fun of idiot parents that willingly allow their kids to be susceptible to a myriad amount of deadly diseases.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
EyeReaper said:
Maybe not a movie, but we totally need a twilight zone-esque epishow on how vaccinations really do give kids autism, and they do it to keep aliens away. Or maybe the aliens have infiltrated our society to tamper with our vaccines TO give us autism.You know, to cull us into a cattle species or something. I dunno, I just want to make fun of idiot parents that willingly allow their kids to be susceptible to a myriad amount of deadly diseases.
Or maybe the aliens are supporting luddites in hopes of suppressing mankind's technological potential, ultimately making us easier to control or conquer? Getting us to believe that lights in the sky are signs of God - and then having their disguised agents do the interpreting - would be very convenient for them, no?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
EyeReaper said:
I think you'd be encouraging them that way, unfortunately.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Mister K said:
I just wanted to make a topic about a certain novel, so I may as well type it all here.

Have any of you read Isaac Asimov's "Dead past?"

Why did I write all of this? Because I needed an example of a story I want to see. I want a story, where protagonist(s) do something forbidden because they obviously know better than the government, or because government is obviously eeeeevil, but not only fail, but cause GREAT harm to the world. Or this harm is avoided at the last moment as authors like to do. But the core idea is that conspiracies are bull and being a rebelious rogue doesn't automatically make you right.
I've read "The Light of Other Days" [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Light_of_Other_Days], which is very similar. Both of them are surprisingly prophetic about the lack of privacy that the future holds for us.

crimsonspear4D

Sep 26, 2009
I'd like one - ONE - fucking movie about aliens coming to earth, not to just invade our planet to enslave our race (or for some dumb reason our females), harvest resources, or just random boring ass military drama where the U.S. is the saviour of the world. Instead we have first contact with them or something, and have this sort of dialogue about inter-species foreign relationships. I also would love to a movie where alien lizards actually are trying to run a one-world of government not because they want to rule humanity, but have a more benevolent reason for it.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
The goverment being run by sentient Taco's.
Now that hasn't been done yet I think.

ColaWarVeteran

Jul 27, 2010
crimsonspear4D said:
I'd like one - ONE - fucking movie about aliens coming to earth, not to just invade our planet to enslave our race (or for some dumb reason our females), harvest resources, or just random boring ass military drama where the U.S. is the saviour of the world. Instead we have first contact with them or something, and have this sort of dialogue about inter-species foreign relationships. I also would love to a movie where alien lizards actually are trying to run a one-world of government not because they want to rule humanity, but have a more benevolent reason for it.
Not exactly what you're looking for but have you seen the movie/tv series Alien Nation? It's basically about Earth taking in alien refugees from a intergalactic slave ship and how they integrate with our society.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Poetic Nova said:
The goverment being run by sentient Taco's.
Now that hasn't been done yet I think.
I think there may be evidence that that is exactly the case in real life [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/PsychicTaco115].

We didn't believe him, we could have stopped this.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Exiled scientists on Pluto devise time travel as a way to get revenge for creating such technology. Of course, they then manage to start every single known conspiracy out there because time travel and angry scientists don't mix.

... Okay yeah this is short story worthy. Be right back, I'm going to write this when I feel arsed before the end of this week.