Conspiracy theories you agree with

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
This year we've seen that the conspiracy theorists were correct about rather extreme government surveillance of it's civilian population with the whole NSA thing, and many of the Xbox One conspiracy rumours about always on connections and used game fees turned out to be absolutely correct as well.

So fellow Escapists, what conspiracy theories do you agree with, either partially or fully?

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
I guess I've always kinda agreed with the JFK assassination conspiracy.I just don't buy the official story of Lee Harvey Oswald being the sole gunman

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Well, I pretty much agree that Alexander Litvinenko didn't come in contact with polonium by accident, but I'm not sure this counts as a "conspiracy theory"; I mean with so much plausible deniability flying all over the place, this one is likely take decades to be confirmed.

Uncategorized, I do feel inclined to agree that some powerful corporations might be holding patents on innovations simply so that nobody can threaten their market positions.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Well...it's not a conspiracy theory unless its untrue, and I don't believe in anything that I think is untrue. In theory.

Actually, I do like the one about the KGB egging conspiracy theorists on, since they discredited the US government. Mind you, that's exactly what the KGB could, and should have been doing, so I don't know if it counts.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Might get some flak for this, but I've always agreed that 9/11 was an inside job in order to get the Patriot Act put into law and generally approved by the American public through fear.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
wombat_of_war said:
i remember reading back in the mid 80's something about the KGB had infiltrated to nuclear disarmament movement in the west to put pressure on the USA and NATO. I dont know if its true or not but it wouldnt suprise me in the slightest, a clever idea actually
They didn't exactly infiltrate the european anti nuclear movement because many of the campaigners were marxists anyway but what they did was significantly fund the movement in the 80s. The soviets updated their intermediate range missiles walked out out the arms limitation talks and ploughed money into the anti nuclear movement to prevent the US responding. It might have been clever, if Thatcher and Reagan hadn't stood firm, WW3 would have been far more likely than it otherwise was.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I don't think I've ever heard a single conspiracy theory and thought it was true. I find them stupid at best, and outright offensive at worst.

Or I could be a pedantic ass and refer to the actual criminal definition of a conspiracy, a plan by two or more people to do something unlawful in the future, and say I believe in something that actually happened, like the Gunpowder Plot or something. But then I'm totally not a pedantic ass :p

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Dead Century said:
Might get some flak for this, but I've always agreed that 9/11 was an inside job in order to get the Patriot Act put into law and generally approved by the American public through fear.
Woah, you might wanna turn off quote notification or prepare your inbox.
I won't comment on that though as 9/11 truthers are more of a cage of parrots yelling "inside job! krah!" rather than have any proper points and I'm trying to quit discussing with birds.

OT: Is it a conspiracy theory that Yuri Gagarin wasn't the first person in space but rather the first that survived the whole mission? Huh, it <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Cosmonauts>actually is.
But please note I'm not saying it happened, merely that this is the one conspiracy I could imagine to have some truth to it, if anyone was good at covering up failures it was the Soviets.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Well...there's general distrust of government, being the general suspicion that the government is reading our emails, which turned out to be true, and then there's proper conspiracy theories, like JFK's assassination, 9/11 being an inside job and the Moon landing being a hoax. Of those kinds of things, I'm not that familiar, but I can believe there was more than just the one guy involved in killing JFK. The Moon landing was absolutely not a hoax, they put mirrors ON THE MOON and people still don't believe it. As for 9/11, who knows, really. I'm very sceptical, but do I have the expertise to rule out that it was a planned demolition? No.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
The NSA thing can only be called surveillance of the public in the same way that pictures like this
can be called the government spying on your home.

Stop bloody overreacting

Regardless, few of the common conspiracy theories have any basis in reality whatsoever, and those tend to be... stretched far beyond what that basis actually allows for.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Quaxar said:
Dead Century said:
I won't comment on that though as 9/11 truthers are more of a cage of parrots yelling "inside job! krah!" rather than have any proper points and I'm trying to quit discussing with birds.
Haha, cage of parrots. I like that. Sounds about right. Okay, turning off notifications now. Hmm. Maybe I better throw out another conspiracy to make me look like even more of a maniac. Ever hear of the idea that ancient Sumerian gods, Anunnaki, were actually extraterrestrials who genetically engineered humanity?

Apparently that's supposed to be DNA.

Oh and this one is supposedly a space-ship.

It's all true man! I swear it! Ya gotta believe me!

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Dead Century said:
Quaxar said:
Dead Century said:
Haha, cage of parrots. I like that. Sounds about right. Okay, turning off notifications now. Hmm. Maybe I better throw out another conspiracy to make me look like even more of a maniac.
Well I didn't call you a maniac. Neither did I really call you a parrot as I have no idea what kind of level you're on, although I might have been a bit unclear with that comment.
Did the US know and just not intervene? Did they actively organize it? Stage it with hundreds of actors, maybe fake the whole plane footage? Was Israel involved?

Don't get me wrong, I think the claim that the US gouvernment was actively involved in a homeland terror attack with hundreds of people involved and managed to keep everyone quiet is totally ridiculous but there is scepticism and distrust of the gouvernment as is tradition in the US and then there's batshit insane ideas. Since I don't know your stance I can't and won't call you crazy, but I do call the regular outspoken truther with his freefall, temperature and thermite theories a moron.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Quaxar said:
Well I didn't call you a maniac. Neither did I really call you a parrot as I have no idea what kind of level you're on, although I might have been a bit unclear with that comment.
Oh I'm just joking around man. Not really serious at all. I know you didn't call me a maniac or parrot. It's all good. Guess I'm not that funny. :/ Oh well. But I don't really believe the thermite idea. Ever hear the conspiracy theory on Pearl Harbour? It's like that. My basic stance is that they had enough information to know what was going to go down. And let it slide, as justification for other agendas.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Heronblade said:
The NSA thing can only be called surveillance of the public in the same way that pictures like this

Stop bloody overreacting

Regardless, few of the common conspiracy theories have any basis in reality whatsoever, and those tend to be... stretched far beyond what that basis actually allows for.
It's not what they're looking at, it's the fact they've violated the highest law of the land and defend their inexusable actions. What others law will they violate now because people like you are perfectly okay with the government ruining your rights? Freedom of speech? Fair trial? These are all up for grabs now since everyone's okay with the other amendments being thrown out.

Why should 350,000,000 people should give up their rights at birth simply so YOU can feel safer at night?

As for the thread: The only conspiracy theory that I agree with is the one that the government is destroying our rights slowly for their own gain. Especially since this isn't a theory any more since it's now proven.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Well I don't agree with the general conspiracy of Obama wasn't born in America. But Obama's birth certificate was definitely doctored. The term African American is a more recent addition to our vernacular. If you compare his certificate to other state documents at the time as well as handbook guidelines on how to fill out state documentation the term used in Hawaii is "negroid."

Almost certainly his certificate was edited just so that it wouldn't refer to our president as a negroid, and not because he was a sekrit mooslem commie infiltrator born in Kenya. I just find it interesting that people still mostly overlook the obvious edit.

Heronblade said:

Stop bloody overreacting

What does that picture have to do with anything? PRISM isn't a bullet point map. They were caught several weeks before and said that all they were doing was gathering a map like that with time of calls given and who people were calling. Apparently you stopped paying attention to the news(or just watch unreputable news sources) at about this time because PRISM goes way beyond that. Prism downloads entire emails to be read. They monitor chat servers with videos and photos and take that data. They download VOIP conversations, contents of file transfers, monitor video conferences. All without warrants, which is highly illegal given previous supreme court rulings about electronic surveillance. And if you seriously think that people freaking out over the government listening to their private conversations without a warrant is overreacting; then FYAD.

MetalDooley said:
I guess I've always kinda agreed with the JFK assassination conspiracy.I just don't buy the official story of Lee Harvey Oswald being the sole gunman
Why?

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Dead Century said:
Quaxar said:
Oh I'm just joking around man. Not really serious at all. I know you didn't call me a maniac or parrot. It's all good. Guess I'm not that funny. :/ Oh well. But I don't really believe the thermite idea. Ever hear the conspiracy theory on Pearl Harbour? It's like that. My basic stance is that they had enough information to know what was going to go down. And let it slide, as justification for other agendas.
Alright then, might have misunderstood you. And passivity distrust I can fathom.

Actually it's not a conspiracy about Pearl Harbor, Naval Operations sent an encoded warning telegraph in late November but wasn't translated until the day after the attack, which saved thousands of lives.
So really, even if you want to invent a conspiracy that the US gouvernment allowed Pearl Harbor to happen that would have been one of the most brilliant ideas of 1941 since sending out the fleet to battle Japanese carriers would have gotten the whole Pacific Fleet destroyed by planes they'd have been unable to defend against instead of just two ships and thousands of men hopelessly stranded in the middle of the ocean instead of a harbor.
Plus even after Pearl Harbor the real reason for the US to enter the war was Germany declaring war against them four days later, not the Japanese attack.
Unrelated historic rambling...

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Mycroft Holmes said:
MetalDooley said:
Why?
First off, a lesson that I've learned: 'Why' is a meaningless question. When you ask and answer 'How' and/or 'What', you won't need to ask 'Why'.

Second,

OT: Waco and Ruby Ridge? Unlawful massacres, each and every one of 'em.

And since I have a personal interest in what the media does and does not air, a tidbit of information before this next video: I am an Iraqi War veteran and was in said country when Fallujah occurred. If any of you want to have an additional reason as to why Six Days In Fallujah was never finished...

And for whatever reason, the nerves in the right side of my body shut down 5 years later. It was only after dicking around with the VA for a year that I learned of this. By the way, the VA would not help me with my condition because they had "no evidence" of wartime injury. I had to go to a local hospital and have a nerve block performed on the ganglia of nerves that controlled the right side of my body. Fortunately, after that and 7 months of physical therapy, I recovered and am as close to 100% as I'll ever be.

Fuck the US media and fuck the government.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I'm fairly sure that the English government is only trying to push education reforms through because it allows them to feel smug and superior over us. A theory only reinforced by the number of times I've seen 'comparisons' between A level papers now and A level papers 20 years ago. It makes me want to mail one of my Further Maths papers to the editors and ask them to solve it.