Context Sensitive: Who Is the PS3 For?

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
ThisNewGuy said:
bjj hero said:
ThisNewGuy said:
Finally, intelligence! And for people who are like "Sony fanboys, wah wah wah," please cut the shit, that's just as annoying as ultra-conservatives going "Gay right activists, wah wah wah."
Because PS3 owners are an oppressed group? I think you are giving Xbox owners a little too much credit. I'm sure there are plenty of PS3fanboys who would love to think they are being kept down by "the man" but its just not the case.

As a PS3 owner you can join the military, get married, adopt, get health insurance, kiss your partner in public without fear of reprisals, I could go on...

A very poor and irrelevant comparison.
This is why the College Board had to remove analogy from the SATs, people just don't understand how they work.

Let me make it a bit more clear:

people who whine about Sony fanboys is to Sony fanboys as ultra conservatives who whine about gay activists is to gay activists.

It's not a comparison of Sony fanboys and gays in terms of social rights. It's the whining, not the legal rights issue. It's the analogy that people who whine about Sony fanboys just outright label them "sony fanboys" to dismiss anything that they say in an attempt to discredit their opinions before considering their arguments similar to how the ultra-conservatives call gay-rights activists "gay liberals" in an attempt to discredit their opinions before considering their arguments.

Let's put it into an example:

People who dismisses "sony fanboys" might say "oh and just another Sony fanboy being a Sony fanboy."

just like

Ultra-conservatives who dismisses "gay rights activists" might say "oh and just another gay liberal being a gay liberal."

I hope I don't have to explain the English language again.
Maybe saying it is "just PETA complaining again" would be a better analogy. As a straight, white conservative liberal and a homosexual there is a difference in power, rights and influence, that changes the dynamic. There is a genuine grievance for homosexuals. It's better than it has been for thousands of years but its no where near right. Dismissing gay issues has a bigger effect considering the discrimination they have faced, 60 years ago you could still be jailed for being a homosexual.

Where have the fanboys been dismissed in an attempt to trample their civil rights? There is a world of difference.

Finally, there were no SATs when I was in school, guess I missed out on the fun. How about you discuss the issues, as is the purpose of the forums, instead of being patronising?

ThisNewGuy

Apr 28, 2009
bjj hero said:
Maybe saying it is "just PETA complaining again" would be a better analogy. As a straight, white conservative liberal and a homosexual there is a difference in power, rights and influence, that changes the dynamic. There is a genuine grievance for homosexuals. It's better than it has been for thousands of years but its no where near right. Dismissing gay issues has a bigger effect considering the discrimination they have faced, 60 years ago you could still be jailed for being a homosexual.

Where have the fanboys been dismissed in an attempt to trample their civil rights? There is a world of difference.

Finally, there were no SATs when I was in school, guess I missed out on the fun. How about you discuss the issues, as is the purpose of the forums, instead of being patronising?
Again, the analogy is not actually on the legal issues behind gay rights. It's the dismissal by discrediting whatever anyone says as "whining."

Again, it's NOT about civil rights. It's about the analogy of people who just dismiss other people's opinion by labeling them with a discriminating name.

At this point, I'm sure nobody really wants to learn more about analogies, so if you still don't understand analogies at this point, there are better forums out there that'll help you.

Also, you didn't have to go through SATs? Wow, lucky you. Honestly though, analogies on that test were much much harder than the one I've used. They borderline nonsensical.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
ThisNewGuy said:
bjj hero said:

Again, the analogy is not actually on the legal issues behind gay rights. It's the dismissal by discrediting whatever anyone says as "whining."

Again, it's NOT about civil rights. It's about the analogy of people who just dismiss other people's opinion by labeling them with a discriminating name.

At this point, I'm sure nobody really wants to learn more about analogies, so if you still don't understand analogies at this point, there are better forums out there that'll help you.

Also, you didn't have to go through SATs? Wow, lucky you. Honestly though, analogies on that test were much much harder than the one I've used. They borderline nonsensical.
We're derailing the thread, if you want to discuss it any more then PM me.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
It's the wii minus the kiddie. It's everything nintendo coul dhave made the wii but couldn't because it rather have soccer moms and grandpa playing instead of a teenager.

I love the Move. It looks cool and has the air of, "I'm better than the WIi in every way" going about it. At least it won't need a motionplus attachment to its gimmick.

Now hte PS3 can truly do EVERYTHING. " Everything you(Wii) can do I(PS3) can do better, everything you can do I can do too"